Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #31
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bargnani Suggests Raptors May Not be his Ideal Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV
I heard Pop wanted to start Splitter alongside Duncan next year.

Bargs for Cleveland's fourth would be sick. maybe we could deal him to Phoenix for the 13th pick and someone like Frye or Lopez.

I wouldn't do either of those trades. If it was Brook Lopez, then yes.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I wouldn't do either of those trades. If it was Brook Lopez, then yes.

Yeah me neither. We all chirp Bargnani because of his obvious and brutal flaws to his game, but he is still a very capable and young scorer with untapped potential. I know many people think his value in the league is somewhat low, but I think we can get a lot more in return than what most of us believe. However, this is not a year that we should be trading to move up in the draft. I wouldn't mind picking up a mid-1st round pick and pick up a decent player that could slip like Jimmer Fredette.

Why would we trade for Frye anyways? He's basically a less athletic Bargnani.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #33
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd trade him for the 4th pick straight up. But I don't consider Bargnani's contract to be good so that's why I'd do it. If Cleveland can straight up absorb without sending anyone back, sure.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #34
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Bargnani would fit perfectly in Chicago. They need a shooter and they have Noah to play with him. This could also be a great opportunity for Derozan because they are weak at that position.
Asik is too good to play only 15mpg and Boozer is older than the rest of the core.

Bargnani, Derozan, Amir for Boozer and Asik

Calderon/Barbosa/Vesely/Boozer/Asik is the fun to watch team that BC likes.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #35
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

[quote=FCardelle]Bargnani would fit perfectly in Chicago. They need a shooter and they have Noah to play with him. This could also be a great opportunity for Derozan because they are weak at that position.
Asik is too good to play only 15mpg and Boozer is older than the rest of the core.

Calderon/Barbosa/Vesely/Boozer/Asik is the fun to watch team that BC likes.[/QUOTE]

If that happened, BC would get fired so fast. We'd be the laughingstock of the league.

Last edited by Reef : 05-30-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #36
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Bargnani would fit perfectly in Chicago. They need a shooter and they have Noah to play with him. This could also be a great opportunity for Derozan because they are weak at that position.

Are you for real? I don't even think you're being biased anymore you just seem downright ignorant
Old 05-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #37
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle

You seriously have to be trolling right now. What the f*ck, man...
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #38
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
You seriously have to be trolling right now. What the f*ck, man...
second this !
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #39
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I actually like Asik but taking on a contract like Boozer is not a smart move for a team in the Raptors current situation.

Plus I think the Bulls are looking for some established talent at SG that can stretch their floor. Derozan is still developing and he doesn't have much on his jumper.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #40
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Bargnani + Calderon + kleiza + pick 4 to Knicks for Amare + balkman or is Rondo/Garnett more likely
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #41
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I actually like Asik but taking on a contract like Boozer is not a smart move for a team in the Raptors current situation.

Plus I think the Bulls are looking for some established talent at SG that can stretch their floor. Derozan is still developing and he doesn't have much on his jumper.

Asik is now recovering from a broken leg.. no thanks.

I like DeRozan's jumper and it's become one of the most consistent and reliable components of his offensive arsenal. I have no complaints about his mid-range game and it should continue to improve.

We shouldn`t even be talking about this in the first place, however.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #42
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Yeah me neither. We all chirp Bargnani because of his obvious and brutal flaws to his game, but he is still a very capable and young scorer with untapped potential. I know many people think his value in the league is somewhat low, but I think we can get a lot more in return than what most of us believe. However, this is not a year that we should be trading to move up in the draft. I wouldn't mind picking up a mid-1st round pick and pick up a decent player that could slip like Jimmer Fredette.

Why would we trade for Frye anyways? He's basically a less athletic Bargnani.

Nice post - very balanced +1

Frye ?

Just because like Oden with Frye there is sometimes a desire to move a player who never met or will never meet the expectations of them. You trade what you have fully understanding what is coming back.

Then by giving the piece coming back you work them into the curcumstances where they can suceed with lower expectations.

I cant say I know Frye's game inside out ; but I imagine if he is counted on being a defender shot blocker assist maker from the 5 and to create room for Ed Davis... he would do.

There are a half dozen of these players available including Pryzbilla Kaman etc.

What the Raptors would be looking for is a character guy to play his role here much as Ben G was for the Pistons championship team ; before he got over valued and over rated.

Last edited by Jballer : 05-30-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #43
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

I really don't think Channing Frye is the defensive stopper you make him out to be. He hangs around the three point line much like Bargnani which hinders his offensive rebounding. It`s not like his rebounding or lane presence is that astounding either.

If defense is what you want to trade for I would ask for Marcin Gortat or Robin Lopez to a lesser extent in return rather than Frye. He`s just a redundant type player that we already have many of on this team.

My philosophy would be; less three point shooting and more rebounding and defense. Simply because that is what wins championships. Seems logical although the brain trust of this franchise can`t seem to grasp the idea..
Old 05-31-2011, 12:49 PM   #44
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

I totally agree with the philosophy... thats not in debate.

Just the Frye might be what is "offered" in exchange for Barges. Or perhaps Frye and another player - the rights to Vince Carter for example.

Or Frye and a draft pick for Barges. Or Gorat or.. some combo.

(Frye makes about $2.5 million per season ?!!? For one more year. I dont know if the Suns can do a lopsided trade and absorb the cap hit - I guess I doubt it ).

At the end of the day if you have some offers and Frye is the best player in all the offers....i.e. without injury bagage (Kaman Oden etc) you might be forced to look at it with the cap situation in mind as well.

While Barges does have value to teams in the league - other teams will still be trying to pounce on the Raptors to unload for cap reason cause the Raptors can absorb salary(Clippers/Kaman or Nuggets/Nene come to mind).

The better deal might be to take an underachiever - coach to D and then use him as a complimentry piece to a bigger better deal or cut bait.

Last edited by Jballer : 05-31-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: