Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #76
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Legendary Players in the League Right Now

Every all-time great is a legend in their own right. You dont have to be top 10/20/30/40/50 to be a legend. That's bullshit.

Pierce is a legend. He's one of the greatest celtics ever.

Ray Allen is a legend, miss me with all of these qualifications.

A Legend is a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #77
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

It dawned on me I can't judge Garnett objectively because his personality represents everything I am against. Garnett is the anti-zen.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #78
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not sure what the OP means by legendary, but there are a bunch of HOF locks in the game today:
Kobe
Dirk
DWade
KG
PP
RayRay
Shaq
TD
Lebum
Nash
future HOFers if they stay healthy...
DHoward
Durant
maybe Melo
maybe DRose
a few others...
There is plenty talent out there.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #79
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
Ya I edited the Unreal level and added Lebron because even though he hasn't won a championship, he still has comparable stats to KG and Wade, but has had more success with less help. KG and WAde are champions, but when KG and Wade had as much help as Lebron had in Cleveland, they were mostly struggling teams and almost never contending for championships.
Lebron has 2 MVPs, several youngest ever records, no championships but constantly great playoff performances, but most of all, his dominance on the court and him being considered to be arguably the best player of the league for the last 5 years along with Kobe, who I considered to be on the Unreal level.

Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan are in that same level for different reasons. Championships definitely help their status but for each of them there's different aspects that define their greatness. Same with Lebron.

Because of that I think Lebron, if he retired today, would be talked about in the same breath as those in the unreal level, not so much because of teams success but because of his continuous excellent level of play through out his career.

Haha, maybe I'm being unfair to put him in the same level as those who've won several championships with the highest level of play, but to me Lebron has shown to be at that level, and even with the chance to get to that Immortal level of the Immortal Six :p

Immortal level (Michael,Kareem,Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic, Bird).

ehem.. just having a little fun here.

This is a tangent, but this piece of misinformation has always irritated me to no end. Unlike the Cavs, the Heat made no attempt to improve over the last two years because everything was focused on this summer. They just left Wade to carry expiring contracts as far as he could which was as far as Kobe ever got without help. And there was not one player other than Wade who could've started for the Cavs, and very few of his teammates would have even played or made the roster.

I'll break down the personnel on each team and show you if you like. But, the main point is that not all less talented teams are created equal. Some are even less talented than others. What Wade did in getting those teams to an average of 45 wins was not much less impressive than what James did with his Cavs teams.

....Now to the point, I don't know what constitutes legend, but even aside from the title, the Finals MVP, the scoring title, and the all nba and all defense teams, Wade has posted career #s of:

25.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.8 stls, 1 blk, 48.5% shooting

You know how many other SGs have comprehensive numbers like that? One. You might have heard of him too. He has a statue....
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #80
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

6 pages, and have only seen McGrady's name twice ... soon how they forget.

Has Ben Wallace been mentioned?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #81
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong

damn
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #82
Rojogaqu11
Great young streetballer

Rojogaqu11 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
This is a tangent, but this piece of misinformation has always irritated me to no end. Unlike the Cavs, the Heat made no attempt to improve over the last two years because everything was focused on this summer. They just left Wade to carry expiring contracts as far as he could which was as far as Kobe ever got without help. And there was not one player other than Wade who could've started for the Cavs, and very few of his teammates would have even played or made the roster.

I'll break down the personnel on each team and show you if you like. But, the main point is that not all less talented teams are created equal. Some are even less talented than others. What Wade did in getting those teams to an average of 45 wins was not much less impressive than what James did with his Cavs teams.

....Now to the point, I don't know what constitutes legend, but even aside from the title, the Finals MVP, the scoring title, and the all nba and all defense teams, Wade has posted career #s of:

You know how many other SGs have comprehensive numbers like that? One. You might have heard of him too. He has a statue....

You have a point. That's why I put him in the same company as KG, Dirk, etc. It's just that Lebron has played at a slightly higher level, hasn't been as injury prone, has had more constant success without having AllStar caliber players with him aside from a couple of years. Not to diminish what Wade has proven to be: a legendary player. Even with that, Lebron has always been regarded as the better player by the majority of analysts and professionals of the sport, and is and there will be a higher chance that he will be regarded as such in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
6 pages, and have only seen McGrady's name twice ... soon how they forget.

Has Ben Wallace been mentioned?

I mentioned them in my list.
Rojogaqu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #83
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That 4 point play adds to Dwyane Wade's legend.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #84
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
You have a point. That's why I put him in the same company as KG, Dirk, etc. It's just that Lebron has played at a slightly higher level, hasn't been as injury prone, has had more constant success without having AllStar caliber players with him aside from a couple of years. Not to diminish what Wade has proven to be: a legendary player. Even with that, Lebron has always been regarded as the better player by the majority of analysts and professionals of the sport, and is and there will be a higher chance that he will be regarded as such in the future.

I mentioned them in my list.

Of course, LeBron is better now. I'm starting to think he may have a chance to be the GOAT. I'll tell you one thing-- he has the MVP on lock next year.

Wade fans are cool with being #2. We just want him to be appreciated for what he is.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: