Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #286
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Preview: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

I see Dallas stealing game 1 and losing the second. I expect them to go back to Miami with a 3-2 lead, and hopefully they can close it out in game 6.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #287
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've changed my mind. Dallas in 6 or 7.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #288
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

whoever wins the first road game takes it all. it's interesting that miami hasn't lost at home and dallas hasn't lost on the road since april. something has to give. it's disappointing butler most likely won't play this series. he made things uncomfortable for lebron in the regular season. anyway, here's to a good series
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #289
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

MavsPoke is considered somewhat coolMavsPoke is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
Dallas is so good on the perimeter and that's part of why they are here and there is nobody better at defending the perimeter than miami

Dallas is shooting 38.8% 3pt. Miami allows 38.5 % 3pt shooting.

Miami is shooting 32.2 % 3pt. Dallas allowing 26.2% 3pt shooting.

Dallas is making 66 more three's than their opponents good for 198 point differential.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #290
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

King Lebron LBJ has decent reputationKing Lebron LBJ has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime

How you go from Miami in 5 to Dallas in 6 or 7? more so when you mentioned Miami having 3 out of the 4 best players in the series.

Picking Dallas is fair enough but whats with the sudden change?
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #291
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Attaboy.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #292
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
How you go from Miami in 5 to Dallas in 6 or 7? more so when you mentioned Miami having 3 out of the 4 best players in the series.

Picking Dallas is fair enough but whats with the sudden change?

I thought I said Miami in 6.

I think Dallas' offense is going to give Miami's defense problems. The Mavericks aren't the most talented offensive team, but they're arguably the smartest. They run their offense, and usually get good shots.

They've also got one of the best benches in the league, size and athleticism up front, and Dirk.

Either way, it should be a fun series.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #293
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I thought I said Miami in 6.

I think Dallas' offense is going to give Miami's defense problems. The Mavericks aren't the most talented offensive team, but they're arguably the smartest. They run their offense, and usually get good shots.

They've also got one of the best benches in the league, size and athleticism up front, and Dirk.

Either way, it should be a fun series.

I have Mavs in 7.

I want 7 games of this series. The playoffs have been great, but they've been short.

I want 6 quality games and then an epic game 7 with Dirk and Lebron/Wade going at in the 4th qtr of a tight game.

And I'll take Dirk in that scenario.

Mavs in 7.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #294
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

King Lebron LBJ has decent reputationKing Lebron LBJ has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I have Mavs in 7.

I want 7 games of this series. The playoffs have been great, but they've been short.

I want 6 quality games and then an epic game 7 with Dirk and Lebron/Wade going at in the 4th qtr of a tight game.

And I'll take Dirk in that scenario.

Mavs in 7.

Thats the thing it's amazing how short the series were for both teams. None of Miami's series went past 5 games. Dallas got taken to 6 in round one but swept in round two and won in 5 in the conference finals.

Normally you would expect at least one of the finals teams to have had to struggle to pull through.

Miami obviously went through close games but closing all the series in 5 shows how well they have closed in the playoffs this year.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #295
cteach111
National High School Star

cteach111 has an OK reputation so far

most people just want the Mavs to win rather than actually believe they'll win. It's kind of pathetic really.

Consider me one of those people

I will continue to hold on to the notion that this is the first true elite team that Miami will be facing this postseason. All the other teams fell off the cliff.
cteach111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #296
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cteach111
most people just want the Mavs to win rather than actually believe they'll win. It's kind of pathetic really.

Consider me one of those people

I want the Heat to win, but I believe Dallas will win. Actually, i could care less who wins, either way great players are going to get a legacy boost. I know people like to talk about Wade/LeBron/Dirk, but Bosh, Kidd, and Terry will also dramatically improve their stocks.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #297
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

MavsPoke is considered somewhat coolMavsPoke is considered somewhat cool

I keep seeing posts and articles by sports writers that claiming that the Miami Heat has a really good perimeter defense.

Miami is 14th in 3pt% defense in the playoffs at 38.5 opp 3pt %.
Dallas is 1st in 3pt% defense in the playoffs at 26.2 opp 3pt %.

Dallas is 3rd in 3pt% offense in the playoffs at 38.5%.
Miami is 9th in 3pt% offense in the playoffs at 32.2%.

Where are the Heat fans and writers coming up with the claim that the Heat are great at perimeter defense. I'm not seeing it. Only the Knicks and the Lakers were worse. The Knicks because of DanandTony. The Lakers because the Mavs took a dump on them and destroyed their 3pt defensive numbers.

Miami's FG% defense is 2nd in the playoffs at 41.9% which is really good. But the 3pts percentage numbers belie the claim of an elite perimeter defense.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #298
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people

The key to this series will be Tyson Chandler--he has an enormous advantage at the position and I expect a lot of offensive boards, tip ins, tips outs, and extra possessions for Dallas.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #299
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Can't wait till tonight!
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #300
brandonman
High School JV MVP

brandonman has decent reputation

I have a nice wager on my hands, I have 5 to 1 odds that the Mavericks take this series back to Dallas with at least one win.

I like my chances.
brandonman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: