Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #31
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: A player going to the finals with two different teams in no fluke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
thats straight bullshit.

the ONLY year anyone picked the Mavs to go all the way nationally was 07

And even in 07 a lot of people still felt we didn't have the best team. And they were right....LOL

The fact remains that while the Mavs have had some very good teams, we've never had truly great teams. You can't have a great team without two great players.

03 is the closest we've ever had to having a "great" team because Nash and Dirk had become great players. Thats it though. The rest of our teams have been very good, but not in that elite or great category.

Every year of this era there has been 2 to 5 teams with better talent each year in my opinion.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #32
INDI
Local High School Star

Kobe did it and his was more impressive because he started his second jouney with: smush, devean , mihm, Caron n odom as the core.
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #33
Jon_Koncak
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
Kobe did it and his was more impressive because he started his second jouney with: smush, devean , mihm, Caron n odom as the core.
this team didn't even get past 1st round.It's like saying Wade started his second journey with Joel Anthony,Anthony Quinn and Dorell Wright.
Jon_Koncak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #34
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Those two Mavs teams are some of the worst teams to ever make the Finals.. I mean they don't play defense, they don't play as a team, they don't have guys off the bench that can put up double figures, and no decent guards at all. I mean it's not like Devin Harris out-Parker'd Tony Parker in the 2006 playoffs or anything, and not like Jason Kidd is ever a top-playmaker in the league.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #35
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Those two Mavs teams are some of the worst teams to ever make the Finals.. I mean they don't play defense, they don't play as a team, they don't have guys off the bench that can put up double figures, and no decent guards at all. I mean it's not like Devin Harris out-Parker'd Tony Parker in the 2006 playoffs or anything, and not like Jason Kidd is ever a top-playmaker in the league.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #36
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Exclamation Re: A player going to the finals with two different teams in no fluke

I have no problems with the OP giving Dirk his due , about getting to the finals a second time , basically carrying his team.

* one final note - notice that Dirk is a big man

Another big man (Duncan) won 3 out of 4 as the only big time big man.
only other time was with the Admiral.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #37
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

OKAY, we get it already. Dirk is super badass.... he is a terrific player and one thing that I absolutely love is he is humble.

Gives his teammates credit when he explodes for 48, takes the Bird comparisons in stride and says how he's still not even close, didn't foolishly prance around after demolishing the Lakers in cold blooded fasion.

Dude has earned my respect, not that he needed to but I have regretfully begun to like Dirk, a lot.

Dirk fans don't become Kobe fan or Bron fan like in your haste to put this guy in the top 10 all time, do it like Dirk, be humble about it
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: