Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 02:56 AM   #16
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 96.8%

shooting over 90% is a truly remarkable feat.
96%??! absurd. Imagine making 960/1000 free throws.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 AM   #17
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

jlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
shooting over 90% is a truly remarkable feat.
96%??! absurd. Imagine making 960/1000 free throws.

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard one of the announcers, last week, claim that Peja was hitting about 90% of his 3pt attempts in practice (unguarded, of course.)
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:06 AM   #18
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
I could be wrong, but I thought I heard one of the announcers, last week, claim that Peja was hitting about 90% of his 3pt attempts in practice (unguarded, of course.)
Yeah, they said Peja made like 94/100 3s in practice. If you watch these guys shoot around before games they're lights out. Sasha Vujacic cannot miss
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:06 AM   #19
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Yeah they said he always beats Dirk in shooting contests and hardly ever misses. If you watched him play in his prime, you shouldn't be surprised. Peja is one of the greatest shooters I've ever seen play.

Anyway, Dirk is having a legendary playoffs. His shooting percentages are unreal. It's gonna be interesting to see if he can keep it up against Miami.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:07 AM   #20
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

jlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Speaking of that, years ago I remember listening to a talk-show (I can't recall who)...in which a caller brought up the fact that the NBA didn't play defense. Whoever it was that responded, commented that Chris Mullin hit 19-20 3 pters in practice, and was in the 40% range in actual games.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #21
whoartthou

whoartthou has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Yea. I'm just kidding around. I'd have both shaq and duncan over dirk.

But I deserve to be able to go nuts for a while after this playoff run so far. Flat out legendary.

who would have thought dirk would be having a legendary performance... shit this playoffs performance by dirk has been insane!
whoartthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #22
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoartthou
who would have thought dirk would be having a legendary performance... shit this playoffs performance by dirk has been insane!

Take a look at his post-season stats BEFORE this season...and then compare them with Larry Bird's playoff stats. You won't find much of a difference. To say that Dirk has suddenly become a productive playoff performer is simply not true. He has been among the greatest post-season players of all-time.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:15 AM   #23
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Yea. I'm just kidding around. I'd have both shaq and duncan over dirk.

But I deserve to be able to go nuts for a while after this playoff run so far. Flat out legendary.

But u still think kobe is clearly better than dirk, rite??
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:36 AM   #24
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor
But u still think kobe is clearly better than dirk, rite??

As an overall player career vs career? Yes. I'll take Kobe.

As a playoff performer? No. I'll take Dirk.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #25
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Yeah, they said Peja made like 94/100 3s in practice. If you watch these guys shoot around before games they're lights out. Sasha Vujacic cannot miss

I once watched Nick Van Exel make 65 straight 19 footers from both wings before a Mavericks game 1 time. It might have been more, but I counted at least 65 straight with my wife.

He wasn't even moving the net.

I think we sometimes forget just how skilled some of these players are.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #26
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Better question is who goes to a foul line 62 times in a five game series?
62-24 (first game) = 38 ---> 9,5 times a game the other games.
It's just the first game that makes it look insane.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #27
donald_trump
im a superhero

donald_trump is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
62-24 (first game) = 38 ---> 9,5 times a game the other games.
It's just the first game that makes it look insane.

plus, he just got fouled that many times.

they couldnt guard him and resorted to fouling him... and then throwing water on the court to throw him off during free throws... and then trying to injure his hand by pressing pressure points before he shot... then screaming while he was shooting his free throws...
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #28
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald_trump
plus, he just got fouled that many times.

they couldnt guard him and resorted to fouling him... and then throwing water on the court to throw him off during free throws... and then trying to injure his hand by pressing pressure points before he shot... then screaming while he was shooting his free throws...

yea.

lets give the man his due. he just shot the best ft % in nba history in a series.

legendary stuff from dirk.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #29
az00m
bet purple 3/05/11

az00m has decent reputationaz00m has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Better question is who goes to a foul line 62 times in a five game series?

shaq got to the line 68 times in a 4 game series :p
az00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #30
Force

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Shaq took 40 free throws in 1 playoff game.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: