Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
The Judge
Decent playground baller

The Judge has an OK reputation so far
Arrow Things that were fishy about the 2006 NBA finals?

I remember reading a thread here where someone made a list of the thing that were fishy in the 2006 NBA finals and it really made it hard to dispute something was up with the way that series was officiated. Anyone know where that thread is?

What are some things about the 2006 NBA finals that suggest it may have been rigged?
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Things that were fishy about the 2006 NBA finals?

everything
/thread
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nothing, Wade got a bunch of superstar calls, nothing more nothing less. Kobe has had them over the years in different series, so has Lebron.

Add the fact that Wade is one of the best slashers in NBA history and those drives being among the most difficult things to call in an NBA game..

Overreaction by Dallas fans nothing more nothing less.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has not been impressing people

1. The number of offensive fouls, 3-second violations, and illegal screens called on Dallas, especially late in games.

2. The lack of charging calls, traveling violations, and moving screens called on Miami the whole series

3. The number of contact-less fouls whistled on Howard, Stackhouse, Terry, or whoever else happened to be guarding the league's new golden boy, Dwyane Wade

4. The traveling, over and back, push off, and finally phantom foul combo, all resulting in a pair of free throws to tie the game, for Wade, at the most critical moment in the entire series.

I could go on for a while, but I'm first gonna rewatch that finals, in full.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
The Judge
Decent playground baller

The Judge has an OK reputation so far

Wasn't there a clear backcourt violation by Wade in the waning moments of a close game that was never called?
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberSchool
1. The number of offensive fouls, 3-second violations, and illegal screens called on Dallas, especially late in games.

2. The lack of charging calls, traveling violations, and moving screens called on Miami the whole series

3. The number of contact-less fouls whistled on Howard, Stackhouse, Terry, or whoever else happened to be guarding the league's new golden boy, Dwyane Wade

4. The traveling, over and back, push off, and finally phantom foul combo, all resulting in a pair of free throws to tie the game, for Wade, at the most critical moment in the entire series.

HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
Wasn't there a clear backcourt violation by Wade in the waning moments of a close game that was never called?
And it was a traveling violation as well, by the "no crazy leaping jumpstops anymore"-standard.

His body language during the play was a clear indication of guilt.

In before some retard says "but you're allowed to inbound to the backcourt"
As if Wade was anywhere close to having either foot established in the backcourt before catching the ball.....
Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
DRose.IS.da.MAN
Local High School Star

DRose.IS.da.MAN has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge

That was just Stern and the NBA trying to crown Wade as the next Jordan, but injuries messed up his career. Then they moved over to LeBron, and who knows who's next
DRose.IS.da.MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

The Stern Rules. Just abide, or go watch hockey.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #10
Noble6-AC45
I brick open layups

Noble6-AC45 has an OK reputation so far

i sense a lot of saltiness in this topic
Noble6-AC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
donald_trump
im a superhero

donald_trump is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

actually, that over and back wasnt an over and back. the same thing happened just last game in miami-chicago. miller passed the ball to lebron in the back court from the front court out of bounds. check the rule book and you'll see that it is allowed.

phantom foul at the end of that game? i think you need to go rewatch that last play in that case.
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose.IS.da.MAN
That was just Stern and the NBA trying to crown Wade as the next Jordan, but injuries messed up his career. Then they moved over to LeBron, and who knows who's next

You know full well who's next

Quote:

Here's game 5 recap, at the 3:53 mark of the video you can see where Wade's body was blatantly behind the imaginary plane of the front court when he court the ball in the air. I'd call that backcourt 10/10 just like I'd call that a touchdown in football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sSsO..._safety_mode=1

I do remember in game 3 when Dirk got fouled with Dallas down 2 in the closing minutes of regulation. The refs handed him a magnetic ball that would only go in one out of every two times it was shot. So Dirk unexplicably missed the second FT (this guy shoots 96.8% from the FT line so it's the only explaination). Check it out for yourself below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv673...afet y_mode=1
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

6. Dirk getting mugged but getting very few calls.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
donald_trump
im a superhero

donald_trump is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
6. Dirk getting mugged but getting very few calls.

didnt dirk break an nba record that season for most free throws made in a playoff run?
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald_trump
actually, that over and back wasnt an over and back. the same thing happened just last game in miami-chicago. miller passed the ball to lebron in the back court from the front court out of bounds. check the rule book and you'll see that it is allowed.
A player IS ALLOWED to catch the ball in the backcourt, if they have established themselves there, no problem. But Wade either cought the ball with one foot touching the frontcourt, or coaught it in the air, after jumping from the frontcourt, which in any circumstance, is a backcourt violation. Same as if a layer leaps from out of bounds to catch the ball in the air....even if that player lands with both feet inbounds, it's where the feet were prior to leaping that is the point of contention. Not tom netion that even if you want to falsely believe that a player can leap from out of bounds or the frontcourt and catch the ball in the air, it was a clear SKIPPING 3-step travelling violation as well. And then a horrendous full-arm-extension-push-off on Jason Terry after Wade crossed back into the frontcourt..... Take the turnover any number of ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald_trump
foul at the end of that game? i think you need to go rewatch that last play in that case.
They called that foul on Josh Howard....I rewatched multiple angles in 2006, and neither Dirk nor Howard made contact, Wade simply lost his footing. And that is after he blatantly pushed off HARD on Terry, and got away with a clear travelling violation after a backcourt violation, all on the same play. I rest my case.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: