Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #16
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this board
Default Re: It feels like I'm at "home" watching a TNT game.

I like ESPN better to be honest, but love both. Jackson and Van Gundy duo is great.

Although when Hubie Brown is doing it I get bored.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
mans1ay3r
Local High School Star

mans1ay3r has an OK reputation so far

TNT is awesome. Dynasty already nailed it but everything just feels so much better. Its actually the only time I actually watch halftime and postgame presentations.
mans1ay3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Normally yes. But I haven't gotten cable at my new apartment and ESPN3.COM >>> TNT Overtime, so I've been appreciating ESPN much more recently.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #19

The only commentator I really enjoy is Van Gundy, but I do like the Charles/Kenny/Ernie team.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
Thirst Quencher
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Thirst Quencher has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
I think TNT is better because their main emphasis is basketball, which allows them to focus more attention on the production. ESPN tries to spread itself thin over multiple different sports and dedicates only a small portion of their programming to basketball so they'll never go out of their way to make it a spectacle. Not to mention the TNT cast of characters is far more likable than the ESPN halftime/pregame commentators. It's almost as if they went out and cherry picked four of the most unlikable guys in all of sports coverage and slapped them together. The only way it could get any worse is if they let Rick Fox and Bill Walton become permanent fixtures on the set.
My god yes. Stuart Scott is the most annoying mother****er on the planet. Michael Wilbon knows **** all about basketball and I'd love to slap that fake smile off Jon Barry's face.

That Durant backpack segment a couple games back...so terrible, so forced.

Last edited by Thirst Quencher : 05-26-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Thirst Quencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

MavsPoke is considered somewhat coolMavsPoke is considered somewhat cool

TNT halftime show.

The audience and Ernie are all invited to hang out with Chuck and his buddy Kenny as if we were at Chucks house to talk about the game. They are just two guys having a good time. Who invited Chris, that dude's a c*nt.

ESPN halftime show.

Guys trying to make a name for themselves in the Broadcasting business give predictable analysis overly praising whichever team is ahead at the half time. Magic stumbles around and says some stuff too. He smiles his Magic smile and that's a wrap.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #22
Heat007
Unguardable

Heat007 has not been impressing people

Reggie Miller is just horrible. So is Kerr.

Get rid of those useless guys and replace them with Hubie Brown and the coverage gets better by 90%

Reggie Miller is so bad and pathetic that his sister would do a much better job commentating NBA games.
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #23
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty1978

All of that being said, it still falls short of the NBA on NBC, which was the G.O.A.T. production.

I think most people remember NBC just a little too fondly. TNT is much better than anyone else, even NBC
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The thing I hate most about ESPN is that immediately after games they go into sportscenter.

F*cking calm down and do like 20-30 minutes of post game right afterward instead of awkwardly jamming baseball highlights in between the game and press conferences.

TNT >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

Wish they still had GP and C-Webb together though.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #25
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
The thing I hate most about ESPN is that immediately after games they go into sportscenter.

F*cking calm down and do like 20-30 minutes of post game right afterward instead of awkwardly jamming baseball highlights in between the game and press conferences.

TNT >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

Well that's the problem. NBA is just one of a gazillion products ESPN is "selling". TNT treats the NBA like gold.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #26
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat007
Reggie Miller is just horrible. So is Kerr.

Get rid of those useless guys and replace them with Hubie Brown and the coverage gets better by 90%

Wow. Do not agree with this at all. I think Hubie Brown is a terrible commentator. He repeats his stock phrases all the time. He must say "high percentage" 1,000 times a game. He is also so "coach oriented" that it gets in the way of the game.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #27
DC Zephyrs
Great young streetballer

DC Zephyrs has an OK reputation so far

Gundy/Jackson/Breen is a great trio, but that's pretty much where it ends with ESPN. Everyone else they have is terrible.
DC Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #28
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder

TNT >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

yeah ESPN always pulls that shit, like abruptly right when the game ends at 0, its Sportscenter...

TnT will kick it until like 1 am at times, its crazy.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #29
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Miller ruins the broadcast. Both of them.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #30
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Listening to the ESPN crew makes you want to hang yourself.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: