Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #16
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Has the internet somewhat ruined your experience as a basketball fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Being exposed to much worse fans is about it. Nobody is really trying to spark 3-4 day long arguments talking basketball in person. Its fun to talk about basketball in person. At times online you have to sift through the bullshit, ignore half of the people, and actually work not to get caught up arguing over things people take dead serious online but laugh off in person. People get online and become so confrontational because they dont have to see the person they are talking to and they arent friends. Im sure some of the biggest idiots here wouldnt seem like it in person. But people get online and lose their minds.

I think that's the best part . Talking in person, people don't really go into detail. Personally found in person you run into just as many idiots too. Difference being is in person you'll run into people who have no idea what there talking about and watch a game a week or something. Atleast online most of the trolls(excluding the one liners) have a detailed response and in some way are using logic. I've literally heard people in person use a player being good at dunking as as a reason why he's better. "Exciting" = major bonus points in most casual basketball convos I've had in the real world. Atleast online even if you don't agree with somebody's opinion and he's clearly pushing agenda you know that he follows the game pretty closely.

I do agree it makes you dislike certain players\fanbases because of it. Still think the non stop arguing is what makes it fun tho.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #17
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Has the internet somewhat ruined your experience as a basketball fan?

ISH did.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #18
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
This X10.

An angry groupie would've exposed Magic's fast lifestyle much earlier on, back during those days a "random tip" to a news reporter wasnt respected at all because you could be legally sued for spreading rumors. But today all that would'v been needed is a twitpic of Magic in a hotel room with women or a voicemail. I can see People magazine & other gossip outlets paying hundreds of thousands for all of the women he had sex with to tell their stories. Then when he announced he had HIV, all hell would break loose.

Jordan's gambling would've been major and I truly believe that with the power of the Internet & ESPN alone they would've made it such a big story that Jordan would have actually have been banned for a year or two by Stern caving to public pressure.

Im glad all of that happened in a different era than this.

Yeah, not constantly hearing about this type of stuff is what kept the 90s purely about basketball. The 90s just seemed more purely focused on basketball, with just a tiny percentage on other dramas going on. Now, the media seems to talk 50% about basketball itself and the other 50% is on drama, and I think that has to do with the internet bringing easy access to the drama. In the past I would see Jordan vs Barkley (or anybody really) and think "I am excited to see this match up, I wonder who is going to have a great night." Now, I see match ups like LeBron vs Rose and think "God damn LeBron is a douche. I hope Rose destroys him." Due to the information I know about players, it has become about rooting for specific outcomes more than hoping to see talents on display.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #19
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I think that's the best part . Talking in person, people don't really go into detail. Personally found in person you run into just as many idiots too. Difference being is in person you'll run into people who have no idea what there talking about and watch a game a week or something. Atleast online most of the trolls(excluding the one liners) have a detailed response and in some way are using logic. I've literally heard people in person use a player being good at dunking as as a reason why he's better. "Exciting" = major bonus points in most casual basketball convos I've had in the real world. Atleast online even if you don't agree with somebody's opinion and he's clearly pushing agenda you know that he follows the game pretty closely.

I do agree it makes you dislike certain players\fanbases because of it. Still think the non stop arguing is what makes it fun tho.
Good post. Agree
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Internet is what you decide to take away from it.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: