Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default okc thunder gone fishing...come up to the puget sound!

last night's elimination of the okc thunder made those of us in seattle VERY happy (those of us who still watch the nba). i refer to this club as the okc inbreeders. let me be very clear: this is no knock against the fans-- i despise the owner and his organization; THEY are the "inbreeders"

until we get a team back, it will be my mission to cheer against, mock, jibe, deride, jeer, taunt these inbreeders and continue to keep the sonic memory alive

if you have any memories of the sonics AND like hip hop check out the blue scholars in this mini-movie vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJf-3...&feature=feedu

if features a seattle sonic legend-- slick watts. for you trivia buffs, slick led the nba in steals and assists in 1975-1976. the vid has a great little anecdote when bill russell coached slick in the mid 70s...

enjoy fellow ishonians!!
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: okc thunder gone fishing...come up to the puget sound!

haha when they win the title next year don't commit suicide
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Layup

cant make any promises...
Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
last night's elimination of the okc thunder made those of us in seattle VERY happy (those of us who still watch the nba). i refer to this club as the okc inbreeders. let me be very clear: this is no knock against the fans-- i despise the owner and his organization; THEY are the "inbreeders"

until we get a team back, it will be my mission to cheer against, mock, jibe, deride, jeer, taunt these inbreeders and continue to keep the sonic memory alive

if you have any memories of the sonics AND like hip hop check out the blue scholars in this mini-movie vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJf-3...&feature=feedu

if features a seattle sonic legend-- slick watts. for you trivia buffs, slick led the nba in steals and assists in 1975-1976. the vid has a great little anecdote when bill russell coached slick in the mid 70s...

enjoy fellow ishonians!!
I don't care for your common bold billboard posts, but this clears things up for me a bit. Sorry you lost your team. We're trying our best to take care of them. At least you're not focusing your fire on the OKC fans. We didn't do it.
PBJ_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Layup

Yeah because no other team is going to get better just okc. They'll have the same easy road to the west finals. Miami won't get any good free agents either
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ_Time
I don't care for your common bold billboard posts, but this clears things up for me a bit. Sorry you lost your team. We're trying our best to take care of them. At least you're not focusing your fire on the OKC fans. We didn't do it.

i understand a fan's point of view--- would that ALL people could easily see a nba game and cheer for a local team...

i know that clay bennett et al are not the everyday fans that cheer for the thunder
Old 05-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Yeah because no other team is going to get better just okc. They'll have the same easy road to the west finals. Miami won't get any good free agents either
they would manhandle the blazers that's for sure. Congrats on bein the toughest team against the mavs in the west... Although with a couple of less blown leads or a bucket or two and this series is still going on.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #8
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Makes no difference the city they play in, they have taken the choking banner from the Mavs. Remember when the Sonics choked as the #1 seed against the #8 Nugs? They were up 2-0 in a best of 5 series. And now in OKC they lost consecutive games by blowing 4th qtr leads.
Ancient Legend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #9
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Even if Seattle did get a team back, it wouldn't be the Sonics, would it? OKC's owner bought your history.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #10
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
Makes no difference the city they play in, they have taken the choking banner from the Mavs. Remember when the Sonics choked as the #1 seed against the #8 Nugs? They were up 2-0 in a best of 5 series. And now in OKC they lost consecutive games by blowing 4th qtr leads.
so what about the lakers, they blew games 1 and 3 and got blown out in the other 2...while being a veteran squad that knows how to win? What do you call that? At least this thunder team is young and still on the rise.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #11
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Even if Seattle did get a team back, it wouldn't be the Sonics, would it? OKC's owner bought your history.

the city kept the rights to the name "sonics" (bennett didnt want the name-- he wanted his OWN team with new merchandising etc). that would be the name if/when we get them back

like cleveland did with the browns

Last edited by RainierBeachPoet : 05-26-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
50inchvertical
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
I don't know. A team already making the WCFs in their 3rd yr of existence, 2 seasons removed from winning 23 games, and relying on 4th and 3rd yr players or younger to do so, I find it hard to call them the worst chokers ever.

It's not they just won 2 titles then went and got swept, losing by MASSIVE margins
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: