Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #16
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Your draft board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'm just not buying what people are selling on him. It mostly has to do with him being a "winner" or "clutch" or having a good character. Intangible things rather than actual skills and production on the court. I don't think he's a good shooter or a good playmaker. He's also smaller than Knight. I see a worse version of Raymond Felton in him.

It's the intangibles in addition to the speed, quickness, ball handling, scoring ability, the ability to run the pick and roll and split double teams. I think Kemba's a much better scorer than Felton but Felton's a better passer.

Kemba's ballhandling is what I think will make him more successful in the NBA than Knight. It's the difference between Tyreke Evans and DeMar. Of course, Knight's still very young and should improve in that regard.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus has decent reputationNastradamus has decent reputation

Kemba is a similar player to what Bayless is already becoming, that's my biggest issue.

Valanciunas is the C you are looking for. his offense is a bonus, his D/motor are what make him the guy to fill that hole. Noah version 2.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Knight
Kanter
Kemba
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #19
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Val/Kanter
2. Kanter/Val
3. Knight

4. Kemba

Knight is better then Kemba already.. and hes younger and a bigger body.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes

Knight is better then Kemba already body.

How? He's a better 3 pt shooter but has worse handles, has trouble creating his shot off the dribble, more turnover prone, worse at the pick and roll. I could go on.

If Knight was so good, Kentucky would've won the championship since he had much more help than Kemba did. He could be better in the future but right now Kemba's clearly better.

Last edited by Reef : 05-27-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Kanter-His skill level is very high at this age, lack of development this past year is concerning though. If his back checks out, I would have no problems with the pick. IIRC, he measured out well as a centre in the Combine too. Could be a solid, offensively productive centre in the Kaman/Gasol/Horford mold

Val- His weaknesses IMO are all ones that can be developed at the NBA level (weight, more advanced post game, etc). He has the size and plays exactly how you want your centre to. He's also had production in the Euroleague and has rebounded well in a man's league. Chandler/Biedrins/Noah are some comparables in the best case.

Knight: He reminds of a Jrue Holliday type of player (not exactly top 5 material in a good draft). However, he has shown he can play the P&R which I think usually translates to the NBA (not to the same extent as rebounding though). It may present problems however if the Raptors choose to go with a Knight/DeRozan backcourt in terms of ball handling, I don't see any great playmaking coming from that backcourt.

Biyombo: Haven't payed much attention to the whole age issue with him but he could also be that defensive oriented centre that Val may project to be. I think it's a tall order to make Ibaka comparisons (Serge has developed at a ridiculous rate esp. for an foreign prospect) but by all accounts he's a quick learner too).

Walker: I see him as a solid change of pace guard in the Aaron Brooks mold. Draftexpress has his best case as Lawson which I would be ecstatic with but I don't see the same quickness.

I really don't like Vesely. Poor shooter (both outside and at the FT line) and his handle looks really sloppy. He may be an exciting player on the next level, I just don't think he'll be a productive one.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #22
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

knight/kemba

Valunciunas

Kanter
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: