Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people
Default 98 Bulls vs 11 Heat

Who wins?
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
RaceBannana
BBALL LOVER

RaceBannana has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: 98 Bulls vs 11 Heat

Bulls 98... they were a better build team....
RaceBannana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

The Bulls!
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the team with MJ
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Seriously??

Jordan and Pippen would have their way with Wade and LeBron. Rodman would be playing great defense on Bosh so he'd be a non-factor and Kukoc, Harper, Longley and Steve Kerr > the rest of the Heat.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

98 Bulls. Even though they were the weakest championship Bulls team, they were a complete team that didn't have an almost non-existant offensive playbook. They also had great defenders at every position Miami is strong at (SG, SF, PF), AND had better pieces around them. I would go as far as to say current LeBron/Wade/Bosh, was better than 1998 Jordan/Pippen/Rodman (combined that is, not getting in to who's better at what position here), but they were a championship team with a great coach, great team chemistry, and the experience to pick teams apart for W's without going into too many dry spells offensively like the current Bulls.

Heat could potentially take a series, but I'm going to go with the '98 Bulls since they were a proven team that was winning it's 3rd title in a row, while the current Heat is only just coming out of it's infancy stage.

Now, if we're talking 96 or 97 Bulls. . .Bulls win the series almost every time. 1% chance of Heat win.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation

i'd say 11 heat don't even beat the 08 jazz.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

BlackJoker23 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett
i'd say 11 heat don't even beat the 08 jazz.
i'd say you're quite a ****ing idiot.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Seriously??

Jordan and Pippen would have their way with Wade and LeBron. Rodman would be playing great defense on Bosh so he'd be a non-factor and Kukoc, Harper, Longley and Steve Kerr > the rest of the Heat.
Dumbest thing I've heard all day. Congrats.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
i'd say you're quite a ****ing idiot.

is that so?
98 finals were a lot closer than the ones before, even tho it was the same result.
in order to get there, the jazz went on to beat olajuwon/barkley/drexler (old), shaq/kobe and duncan/robinson.
not sure if this year's edition of the heat would pull that off.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Probably the 98 Bulls because the Bulls actually run an offense.
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

Quote:
is that so?
98 finals were a lot closer than the ones before, even tho it was the same result.
in order to get there, the jazz went on to beat olajuwon/barkley/drexler (old), shaq/kobe and duncan/robinson.
I think you meant 98 Jazz, but posted 08 in other post..
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0326
I think you meant 98 Jazz, but posted 08 in other post..

aahhhhh...

yes, my bad!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #14
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

BlackJoker23 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
is that so?
well, for one, you said the 08 jazz (obviously a typo on your behalf) so i was wondering why the hell you even brought that up.

secondly, none of the teams you listed were as good as the heat. the rockets were trash. don't let the names fool you. they were old, battered and had dealt with injuries all season. hakeem was done after that knee surgery, drexler was retiring. robinson/duncan needed time to adjust. that was a rookie duncan and robinson who had suffered a damn near career-ending injury and that team was garbage outside of those two. the lakers were impressive, i guess.

the heat have too much offense for that jazz team to win. i know you can say the same about the 98 laker team they faced but that laker team was full of inexperienced players who folded under pressure.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Seriously??

Homer much?
At this point Jordan, even though he is still the best player has lost some of his defensive edge; understandable when you're 35 years old. Pippen had a bad back. Even if we assume an injury-free matchup Wade and Lebron would still hold their own, easily; these are 2 of the top 5 players in the game FFS.
Overall I pick the 98 Bulls because of their superior team effort but I see Jordan/Pippen v. Wade/Lebron being a lot closer than you think.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: