Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I forgot to add Nick Young as well.
If I had to rank them I would put them in the following order:
1. OJ Mayo
2. Wilson Chandler
3. JR Smith
4. Nick Young
5. Jason Richardson
6. Marcus Thornton
Let me repeat I'd be happy with any one of these guys and I feel they would help us in their own unique way and either one of the guys in this group would upgrade our starting 2 guard spot. I'll explain why I ranked them in the order that I did.
1. OJ Mayo is the most complete player on this list, the best ballhandler and would rigt away be our second best play maker.
2. Wilson Chandler is a decent offensive player that can score in a variety of ways but defensively he is extremely versatile. He's done a good job of guarding every position 1-4 in the past. He would make our defense that much better while still being able to knock down shots and score from different spots on the floor.
3. JR Smith is easily the most offensivey talented player on this list and has moments where he shows flashes of being a great defender as well. The knock on him is that he's inconsistent and sometimes shows indications of having attitude problems that lead to negatives with coaches and teammates. I've seen the maturity in him improve though and I think our roster and our coaching staff would help him.
4. Nick Young is a scorer and is very athletic. Has times in games where he just can't miss no matter where he's shooting from. Defensively he doesn't put in the effort but maybe our focus on defense would help that.
5. Jason Richardson is a veteran that would bring us experience and efficient 3-point shooting. The reason he's 5th on my list is because he's much older than the rest of the guys on here and I'd prefer to bring in a guy who's going to grow with our young core.
6. Marcus Thornton is a guy who's extremely competitive and finds a way to put the ball in the basket. My knock on him is that he's a bit undersized and not much of a defender.