Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #1411
comerb
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,267
comerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Concern for Dallas fans on top of the Loss just Heard Dirk has Tendon Damage to Finger on Non shooting hand.. not sure how Big it will be rest of series but cant Help that is for sure.

I don't see why it would bother him.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #1412
BrilliantLegacy
.
 
BrilliantLegacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 342
BrilliantLegacy is considered somewhat coolBrilliantLegacy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

I love how people complain about the refs favoring the Heat. I admit there were a couple of BS calls against the Mavs, but also there were bad calls against the Heat as well. James only went to the freethrow line twice today where he made 2/2, and Wade 2/5. These two superstars combined shooting 7 FT's total... As for the whole team, Mavs got to the line more than Heat, 32 to 26.
BrilliantLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #1413
comerb
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,267
comerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
A lot of foul calls that weren't called on Dirk btw...that was bs.

That was a well called game. There where exactly two bad calls in the forth quarter... one where Miller got called for a defensive foul that was obviously an offensive foul... and one where Dirk got called for a foul on a clean strip. They canceled eachother out.

The reffing was about as clean of a game as you can hope for in the NBA.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #1414
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Kingwillball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,728
Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by comerb
I don't see why it would bother him.


Catching Ball, shooting with a Splint ect.. Dirk and his fans already have a built in excuse if he plays subpar and they lose series..but I agree it will be more to do with Miami D than hurt Non shooting hand.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:24 AM   #1415
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,168
Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Catching Ball, shooting with a Splint ect.. Dirk and his fans already have a built in excuse if he plays subpar and they lose series..but I agree it will be more to do with Miami D than hurt Non shooting hand.
It's the guide hand and it's only at the tip of one of his fingers. Sounded in the post game like even Dirk himself was wording it and actually brought it up himself as a form of a built in excuse. Total weak sauce. But it will give his homers something to hold onto if they lose.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #1416
gilalizard
National High School Star
 
gilalizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,243
gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by comerb
That was a well called game. There where exactly two bad calls in the forth quarter... one where Miller got called for a defensive foul that was obviously an offensive foul... and one where Dirk got called for a foul on a clean strip. They canceled eachother out.

The reffing was about as clean of a game as you can hope for in the NBA.


Nope. There were a series of bad calls that helped Miami out a great deal in the third quarter.

Dallas was threatening to go up by double digits and refmode clicked on for Miami and helped disrupt Dallas and push Miami into the lead. Same thing happened against the Bulls in game 2 or 3. Bulls looked like they were getting in their groove, Miami was looking wobbly, Bulls threatening to go up by double digits. Suddenly a series of garbage calls disrupt the Bulls momentum and bring Miami back even.

Same thing happened tonight in the third quarter.

The thing is, Miami is so stacked they already enjoy a ridiculous advantage. Being as stacked as they are, it's already an uphill battle for anyone else. And then having the refs help them climb back into games when they're just flat out getting outfought and outplayed makes it basically impossible.

It's why anything Miami wins is not worthy of respect. They're too stacked and get too much help from the refs.
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #1417
jrong
Revolution untelevised
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,777
jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronGOAT
While Wade was clutch at the end, Lebron had a better overall game.

Wade wasn't just clutch at the end. He had a better a second half. He scored more points in the 3rd than he did in the 4th, although he had all of his second-half assists in the 4th quarter and the blocked shot.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter, but after one game it's basically dead-locked between them.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #1418
jrong
Revolution untelevised
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,777
jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronGOAT
While Wade was clutch at the end, Lebron had a better overall game.

Wade wasn't just clutch at the end. He had a better a second half. He scored more points in the 3rd than he did in the 4th, although he had all of his second-half assists in the 4th quarter and the blocked shot.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter, but after one game it's basically dead-locked between them.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:47 AM   #1419
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,321
BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantLegacy
I love how people complain about the refs favoring the Heat. I admit there were a couple of BS calls against the Mavs, but also there were bad calls against the Heat as well. James only went to the freethrow line twice today where he made 2/2, and Wade 2/5. These two superstars combined shooting 7 FT's total... As for the whole team, Mavs got to the line more than Heat, 32 to 26.

Heat got momentum whistles against the Mavericks when they needed them. And just looking at free throw disparity is a silly way to judge officiating.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #1420
madmax
Decent college freshman
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,860
madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Heat got momentum whistles against the Mavericks when they needed them. And just looking at free throw disparity is a silly way to judge officiating.

so when the other team gets more free throws than the Heat it's a "silly way to judge officiating", but whenever Heat get more it's an obvious "ref cheating", right? Looks like hypocrisy is well and trully mastered on these boards when it comes to Heat and it's haters. Anyway, like somebody already pointed out, there were 2 bad calls in the 4th quarter and a bunch of ticky-tacky calls against Dirk, when the game was already out of reach. I'd say refs did a decent job tonight, considering their usual ineptitude when it comes to NBA officiating.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:57 AM   #1421
BrilliantLegacy
.
 
BrilliantLegacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 342
BrilliantLegacy is considered somewhat coolBrilliantLegacy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
so when the other team gets more free throws than the Heat it's a "silly way to judge officiating", but whenever Heat get more it's an obvious "ref cheating", right? Looks like hypocrisy is well and trully mastered on these boards when it comes to Heat and it's haters. Anyway, like somebody already pointed out, there were 2 bad calls in the 4th quarter and a bunch of ticky-tacky calls against Dirk, when the game was already out of reach. I'd say refs did a decent job tonight, considering their usual ineptitude when it comes to NBA officiating.
He's just mad because Griffin and the shitty Clippers are bunch of losers. And like you said, the Mavs got some lucky calls in the 4th, but they failed to win.
BrilliantLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #1422
Silverbullit
Good college starter
 
Silverbullit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,240
Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Mavs in 5
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #1423
zabuza666
Local High School Star
 
zabuza666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,761
zabuza666 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Heat got momentum whistles against the Mavericks when they needed them. And just looking at free throw disparity is a silly way to judge officiating.

You are aware that looking at freethrow numbers has been the main claim of 'refball' against the heat all season right?
zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #1424
rmt
National High School Star
 
rmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,368
rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Everything in sport is match ups. Heat's defense is tailor-made for the Mavs (perimeter offense). MEM would be a tough match-up for Heat - who aren't strong in the paint and have Battier/TA to guard Lebron/Wade. Pity MEM will never reach the NBA finals.

Speaking of match ups - go Soderling - beat Nadal so Federer will have a shot at the French Open.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 AM   #1425
rmt
National High School Star
 
rmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,368
rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
It's the guide hand and it's only at the tip of one of his fingers. Sounded in the post game like even Dirk himself was wording it and actually brought it up himself as a form of a built in excuse. Total weak sauce. But it will give his homers something to hold onto if they lose.

This is flat out false. Dirk did not bring up the injury and tried to deflect it saying it'll be alright.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy