Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #1426
Nobler
The Noble

Nobler has decent reputation
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 1 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Heat played great tonight. Bibby was balls tho... Heat in 5
Nobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #1427
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
Everything in sport is match ups. Heat's defense is tailor-made for the Mavs (perimeter offense). MEM would be a tough match-up for Heat - who aren't strong in the paint and have Battier/TA to guard Lebron/Wade. Pity MEM will never reach the NBA finals.

Speaking of match ups - go Soderling - beat Nadal so Federer will have a shot at the French Open.

i concur. the main problem here is one of dallas' offensive strengths is also one of miami's defensive strengths. when they're all on the same page, their ability to close out shooters is downright crazy. they make the other team's plays break down and either make a less than desirable shooter shoot it or just plain contest hard. plus, they're doing this at the end of games. so they're closing on both ends. next season, they have a great chance of being better too. so does chicago though. i'm hoping that we get a good rivalry out of those two teams for the next few years. i think rose will get better but maybe more importantly, thibs will focus more on offense to go along with their defense. the signs were there...they just need to put it together and probably sign a SG.

getting more off topic, but i already said what i wanted on this. why do you say that about MEM? stern? i think they have a great shot at the finals next season if they can retain gasol. i think they can figure it out with gay getting enough shots as well because he was starting to take smart shots before he got injured. i like rudy's game a lot and that team can do some damage next season. i don't think these playoffs were a fluke.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #1428
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nothing in the game really surprised me, aside from Terry going 3-10. I think the Mavericks will play better and steal game 2.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #1429
mrclose
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mrclose has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Nothing in the game really surprised me, aside from Terry going 3-10. I think the Mavericks will play better and steal game 2.
Yep .. I'd say that is the Only way the Mav's will win it!

(how'd I do for my first ever post)
mrclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:33 AM   #1430
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
If they don't win Game 2 then the Heat pretty much won the title. It is pretty absurd and unrealistic to think Dallas will win three straight games at home. I have confidence that Dallas can win Game 2 though so lets see what will happen on thursday.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:35 AM   #1431
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclose
Yep .. I'd say that is the Only way the Mav's will win it!

(how'd I do for my first ever post)

i pretty much said it was a virtual must-win a couple pages back. delete your account, power down, brush your teeth and go to bed.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 AM   #1432
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i concur. the main problem here is one of dallas' offensive strengths is also one of miami's defensive strengths. when they're all on the same page, their ability to close out shooters is downright crazy. they make the other team's plays break down and either make a less than desirable shooter shoot it or just plain contest hard. plus, they're doing this at the end of games. so they're closing on both ends. next season, they have a great chance of being better too. so does chicago though. i'm hoping that we get a good rivalry out of those two teams for the next few years. i think rose will get better but maybe more importantly, thibs will focus more on offense to go along with their defense. the signs were there...they just need to put it together and probably sign a SG.

getting more off topic, but i already said what i wanted on this. why do you say that about MEM? stern? i think they have a great shot at the finals next season if they can retain gasol. i think they can figure it out with gay getting enough shots as well because he was starting to take smart shots before he got injured. i like rudy's game a lot and that team can do some damage next season. i don't think these playoffs were a fluke.

I don't think these playoffs were a fluke, but unless there are established franchise players (eg. BOS with KG/Pierce/Allen or HEAT with Lebron/Wade or LA with Kobe/Gasol) it'll take a few years (for the young teams like CHI, OKC, MEM) of playing together to win. So many things have to go right - no injuries, luck, etc. Usually a team has to put in its dues, go through disappointment & failure and grow together before it wins. And the West is sooooo tough.

Last edited by rmt : 06-01-2011 at 03:40 AM.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #1433
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
I don't think these playoffs were a fluke, but unless there are established franchise players (eg. BOS with KG/Pierce/Allen or HEAT with Lebron/Wade or LA with Kobe/Gasol) it'll take a few years (for the young teams like CHI, OKC, MEM) of playing together to win. So many things have to go right - no injuries, luck, etc. Usually a team has to put in its dues, go through disappointment & failure and grow together before it wins.

fair enough. i just think MEM is right there to contend for the next couple seasons now. more rudy gay and a little less allen is a good thing. allen is great defensively but plays a bit out of control offensively at times (ie forcing things, running the break)...sort of reminds me of artest offensively

but ya, i think MEM is ready. we'll see. west is tough though like you say.

oh and mr close, i'm just busting your chops. welcome.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #1434
markymark
Local High School Star

markymark has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobler
Heat played great tonight. Bibby was balls tho... Heat in 5

gimme bibby over peja any damn day
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #1435
nashwade
High School Varsity 12th Man

nashwade has an OK reputation so far

i thought Heat was horrible at defending 3 point shots and towards the end of the game Dirk was driving to the hole at will

they need to address these in G2
nashwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #1436
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The game was pretty close, I guess. Some ticky tacky calls against us, Lebron hitting that ridiculous 3, Dirk missing relatively (for him, at least) easy baskets in the first half, Peja & Barea stinking it up and Terry completely disappearing in the 2nd half is something I don't expect to happen in every game.

That's just the thing about Miami. Wade played awful for about 3 quarters. Bosh started out pretty well in the first but bricked shot after shot later on. Lebron was pretty constant throughout the game and closed it out together with Wade. This is something the Mavs can't afford. Against the Heat, almost anyone needs to bring his A game, or at least someone else besides Dirk has to score 20+ if guys like Peja go 0-5 with several turnovers.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #1437
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Mavs bench needs to step up. They will not win the series if they don't.

Let's go Mavs. Must win game 2.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #1438
mrclose
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mrclose has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i pretty much said it was a virtual must-win a couple pages back. delete your account, power down, brush your teeth and go to bed.
Now there you go .. missing the whole point of my Very First post!

I said nothing about a "virtual must-win"!
I wasn't even talking about You talking about needing one.

I was commenting on .. "I think the Mavericks will play better and steal game 2."

I just happened to agree with you on How the Mavs can take game 2!
mrclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #1439
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

If the Mavs don't win game 2 its probably over.

Nothing surprised me too much, although Chandler getting man handled down low and only getting 4 rebounds was not what I was expecting.

I saw a stat earlier that Chandler/Terry/Barea combined for 85 minutes and only grabbed 5 rebounds combined. That obviously can't happen. You don't expect Barea to get many, but Terry has to get more than 1 rebound in 33 minutes of play.

Terry's rebounding has always been weak, but even for him thats bad.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #1440
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

As I wrote yesterday some adjustments can be made by both teams but a couple things won't change this series Heat have 3 of the 4 top players in the series and have better d with the faster team. That is the reason the heat will win the series at the end of the day!
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: