Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #31
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board
Default Re: Scottie Pippen: "LeBron is the greatest player of all time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
He has been better than KG for years.
Spurs fan I suppose? Dirk has been better than Duncan for years

To OP, you're misquoting Pippen. "might be the greatest player ever" is not the same as "LeBron is the greatest player of all time".

Players gives to each other props after great games, no point of looking for greater meaning. Like Magic called Rondo the best PG in NBA, or Bird called Jordan "God in disguise". Its not like we see Rondo as the best PG, or Jordan as God, its just props.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #32
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Pippen loves versatility. He views himself and Lebron as a "jack of all trades" type player.

Pippen and Oscar are saying this stuff because they identify a lot with Lebron because those guys are arguably the most complete players in nba history.

I don't think Pippen said it as a knock to Jordan.

I disagree with what he said of course, but I understand why guys like Pippen and the Big O say stuff like this. Lebron is one of their kind and they like to see a player they identify with get a lot of credit.......

Because Pippen and Oscar feel they are a bit under-rated all time. Pippen always mentions how Bird and Magic played no defense. You can tell he's a little bitter about how he's viewed compared to them.

Pippen needs to watch some tapes and remember how Bird would chew his arse up.. Can't wait till Dirk does the same to bron..
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #33
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Michael Jordan is number one in PER Rankings. LeBron is a close second. And LeBron just like Jordan led the NBA in Win shares in multiple occasions. I think LeBron has the chance to be a top 5 player of all time at the end of his career. I hope this quote inspire LeBron to have a classic performance againts the Dallas Mavericks in the Finals.
I think he has a realistic shot at top 3
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #34
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Well, it's easy to overreact when someone has a great series.
Just like when people were talking about how Dirk was greater than Larry Bird.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #35
kkling

Prisoner of the moment, clearly.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #36
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I still remember at the start of the season when some of the haters said that Pippen is better than LeBron and Wade.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #37
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

GOAT in the making.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #38
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

Pippen clearly didnt mean it as in career accomplishments all in all, but Lebron as a player himself, excluding all accomplishments and talking only about players talent-skill alone. In terms of talent-skill its very safe to say Lebron is very high up there indeed as one of the greatest ever, personally i think he is probably the best ive seen since Michael Jordan.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #39
BlackMamba24
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlackMamba24 has an OK reputation so far

best player in the nba right now no doubt. but greatest player of all time..hell no.. at least not for now. maybe he can be though.
BlackMamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #40
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wtime
Pippen clearly didnt mean it as in career accomplishments all in all, but Lebron as a player himself, excluding all accomplishments and talking only about players talent-skill alone. In terms of talent-skill its very safe to say Lebron is very high up there indeed as one of the greatest ever, personally i think he is probably the best ive seen since Michael Jordan.
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #41
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?...allsign=WMVPAM

Pippen on Mike and Mike
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #42
Calabis
Good college starter

Calabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this board

Hell, I remember when I thought Lebron was going to be better than Jordan, unfortunately it never manifested, at least up until this point. Hell, Lebron isn't better than prime Kobe at this point imo...but to each there own.....one good playoff run and now everyone is living in the moment. The true test will be when his athleticism fades.....I don't see him doing to well
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #43
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabis
Hell, I remember when I thought Lebron was going to be better than Jordan, unfortunately it never manifested, at least up until this point. Hell, Lebron isn't better than prime Kobe at this point imo...but to each there own.....one good playoff run and now everyone is living in the moment. The true test will be when his athleticism fades.....I don't see him doing to well

I think it's time to stop with this bullshit ''when his athleticism fades.....I don't see him doing to welll'' cuz he already plays so differently than years before. Just look at this playoffs, all of his clutch plays were mostly 3's and jumpshots. I remember one steal and dunk against Boston in the last 2 minutes and one clutch layup against Noah and that's it. He shoots more than ever before and he is efficient especially in the clutch. Watch again yesterday's game and tell me how many layups/dunks/ did he have? Excatly, very few, maybe 2 layups and that's it.

However, he should still work a lot on his post game if he wants to be a tank or lose some weight and regain some of the lost speed and agility.
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #44
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

Will you people make up your mind? I thought his athleticism already was gone? :)
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #45
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

2008-09 NBA Playoffs is his greatest playoffs run. He averaged 35.3 ppg on 51.0 FG%, 9.3 rpog, 7.1 apg. LeBron also averaged 38 ppg, 9 rpg, and 9 apg on 51 FG% againts the Orlando Magic. (The Number one defensive team in the NBA)
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: