Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #16
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin McHale to coach Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
I'm just glad he won't be on TNT anymore

McHale is one of the very few likable characters on TNT. I'm sad to see him go.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Not a fan of this hire or the Lakers hire.
Really?

He was GREAT as the Timberwolves coach before Big Al went down. They were above .500. I think they were like 11-8 with him or something. I'm a huge fan of him.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #18
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harison
Its weird, Adelman, Larry Brown and Sloan are teamless, while Mike Brown and McHale are getting good offers

Hopefully Minesota lands 1 of the 3 coaches you've listed
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #19
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Really?

He was GREAT as the Timberwolves coach before Big Al went down. They were above .500. I think they were like 11-8 with him or something. I'm a huge fan of him.
I wouldn't say he was a great coach, but he was infinitely better stepping in as coach than he was as a gm. I'm glad he got this job and hope he does well.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #20
Zackmorris
Where my announcement!

Zackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harison
Its weird, Adelman, Larry Brown and Sloan are teamless, while Mike Brown and McHale are getting good offers

The chances of Sloan coaching again is slim.
Zackmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #21
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
I'm just glad he won't be on TNT anymore

McHale was one of the best analysts on TNT and NBA TV, it's a shame to see him not broadcasting. I hope he does a good job, but I just don't see it with this Rockets team right now, maybe I'm wrong though.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #22
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Kevin McHale to be named new Houston Rockets head coach

With Phil retiring, the league needed another pothead coach. Congrats Mr. McHale.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #23
ImmortalNemesis
Not Brazil 2014

ImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't expect much from him. Adelman did an excellent job considering the talent level he had to deal with. Houston needs to see improvement. That means they need to make the playoffs, and I don't see it happening. Yikes.
ImmortalNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #24
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think Scola needs any more post moves, he's complete.

Thabeet should be made to live at McHale's house and train, eat, breath basketball 24/7.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #25
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
Thabeet should be made to live at McHale's house and train, eat, breath basketball 24/7.
This.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #26
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

It will be interesting to see how McHale does
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:44 AM   #27
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
Hopefully Minesota lands 1 of the 3 coaches you've listed
You'll get Jim O'Brien.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:51 AM   #28
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Hm...I have no opinion positive or negative...I wait to see what he can do as a head coach.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #29
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Eh, it's Houston, not like they're competing for anything.

Is this a 'temporary' hire?
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #30
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Rockets and Lakers both F***cked up.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: