Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #31
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: E3 2011: June 7-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
2015? Isnt Nintendo already announcing their newest console this year? Also, when companies announce/reveal their consoles at E3, its usually only a year away.

Let's look at this historically. When Dreamcast was revealed at E3 in 99, PS2 came a year later.

When the 360 was revealed in 2005, PS3 and Wii followed in 06.

Yep, Nintendo's new console is coming out some time next year, I assume sony and xbox won't be far behind. It would be nice if they went to 2015, but I don't see it.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #32
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Yep, Nintendo's new console is coming out some time next year, I assume sony and xbox won't be far behind. It would be nice if they went to 2015, but I don't see it.
It would be nice but as a PS3 user I'm not worried at all. Sony supports their former consoles well. Now since that you own an Xbox I would start looking forward immediately, I remember being an original Xbox owner where pretty much after Halo 2 they let it die a lonely death.

This generation had a good run, but I bet you that Microsoft and Sony are already in the finishing stages with their new consoles.

The good thing about nearing the end of a generation is that developers are so familiar with the systems that they actually push them and take full advantage of the hardware.

Uncharted three should be amazing in every facet and show what the PS3 is capable of.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #33
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The new Nintendo isn't going to be "next-gen". They just realized the Wii isn't going to carry them for the next 5+ years, and they needed something to compete with Microsoft and Sony.

Microsoft and Sony do not want to release a new system anytime soon. Both companies would rather milk the current platforms for as long as possible... especially Sony, who lost money for years on every console sold.

The product Nintendo releases will probably be slightly more powerful than both the 360 and PS3, and will allow 3rd party developers to easily port all their games to it. Nintendo is not going to put out some monster machine that they lose money on per unit, that has never been their strategy. Luckily for them, they can mass produce a machine as powerful as PS3 at an affordable cost now.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #34
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What I'd really like to see is sony announce a price drop on the PS3, I'd probably pick one up.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #35
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Its early to have new generation consoles coming out especially in this economy. Im not spending another $600 on a new Playstation when the one I have can still be supported.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #36
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What I'd really like to see is sony announce a price drop on the PS3, I'd probably pick one up.

You can find PS3's for $250 and that includes a 160GB HD, free online play, and it doubles as a top quality Blu-Ray player.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #37
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:

From being like $500 at the release, and that being a fat, 80 GB console, the PS3 now costs $300 for a slimmer, 160 GB version. Remember, the PS3 includes a Blu-Ray player too.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #38
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
You can find PS3's for $250 and that includes a 160GB HD, free online play, and it doubles as a top quality Blu-Ray player.

Yea there's a good chance I'll pick one up anyway. They do tend to announce these things at E3 though. Might not happen, but it would be nice.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #39
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I can't see Sony announcing a PS4 until at least 3 years. They had a horrible start but have rly caught on and have the tech advantage. I got a PS3 at launch and it was expensive but considering the price of BluRay players then, it wasn't too bad. The problem was the games. They sucked. I got Call of Duty 3, Spiderman, Motorstorm and Sonic in the first 2 years of the console. None were too great. But the more you think about it, the XBOX was like $300-500 at the time the PS3 came out, but you had to buy a wireless adapter for $100 and it didn't have blu ray or free online play.

As of right now I use my PS3 for Blu Ray, Portal 2 and FIFA. Xbox for COD, Halo and NBA 2k11.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #40
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SWTOR release date is all I want. Everything else will be gravy for me.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #41
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
I agree The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim will be something else. Hell, it might turn out all-time great caliber. Deus Ex human evolution looks pretty awesome too. I will be getting it as soon as it comes out.

Wish I didn't see this link. I've had zero interest in the upcoming Elder Scrolls game before that.

Oblivion was such a disappointment for me, and I never finished the game. It was a graphical upgrade to Morrowind, but the game was still broken by manipulating the leveling system.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #42
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

New soul caliber gonna be at E3, always enjoyed the series.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...calibur/714559
Old 06-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #43
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

not sure if this is E3 related or not but the trailer for saints row the third

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxQsCNontmI&feature=pyv

looks incredible
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #44
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Microsoft conference right now.

http://www.deepgamers.com/

Last edited by Kungfro : 06-06-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #45
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

new tomb raider actually looks pretty cool
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: