Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
ThaSwagg3r

Default I don't think Rose is a top 5 player or the best PG in the game

Honestly...

Derrick Rose shooting in the ECF vs. Miami Heat

I feel that Chris Paul is still the best PG in the game and I can name 5+ players in the NBA that are better than Rose.

Dwight Howard
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Chris Paul

are all better than Rose. I am sure there are more, but you get the point don't you?

Last edited by ThaSwagg3r : 05-28-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I don't think Rose is a top 5 player or the best PG in the game

What are you trying to say?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
demons2005
Local High School Star

demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

wow just wow. Rose haters are out in force trying to turn an inch into a mile. enjoy your moment of glory.
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
wow just wow. Rose haters are out in force trying to turn an inch into a mile. enjoy your moment of glory.
An inch? He shot poorly the ENTIRE playoffs. It's not like we're just cherrypicking random games. Like, pass the ****ing ball. And yes, I'd rather have Deng, Korver, Booz, even Bogans shooting an open look than Rose and his contested 3s and driving into the paint with 3 dudes already there waiting.

Maybe if he were shooting like 45%, I'd feel differently, but 35%, that's worst than Iverson and Stackhouse, who are credited with inventing inefficient volume scoring.

And then 4th quarter play, disgusting. 17% from the field in 4th quarter and ot? MVP? Get outta here, and you go scoreless throughout an ot? Can only muster up 2 pts in the 4th?

Then there's the 6.25%FG against LeBron
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not even better than Steve Nash right now...
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9

This.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

PBJ_Time has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
Honestly...

Derrick Rose shooting in the ECF vs. Miami Heat

I feel that Chris Paul is still the best PG in the game and I can name 5+ players in the NBA that are better than Rose.

Dwight Howard
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Chris Paul

are all better than Rose. I am sure there are more, but you get the point don't you?
I agree. I love Rose as a player, but I put him just outside the top 10. He's young, so he deserves somewhat of a pass for this playoff run. He's only going to get better.
PBJ_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Obviously he's not top 5...LeBron Howard Dirk Wade Durant Kobe, and arguably Chris Paul. I actually said right from the first (or maybe second round) that Chris Paul was better than Rose in my opinion. It's not an insult, just Paul is freaking amazing as a point guard. This has nothing to do with what happened in the previous round, because to be honest nothing that's happened has changed my opinion on him at all. We knew he was a special player but inexperienced and young, unlikely to lead a team to a championship.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
Warriors fan
Banned

Warriors fan has no real reputation yet.

For this year yes he was the best PG and a top 5 player but just in general Chris Paul and Deron Williams are just as good as him. Dwight Wade Dirk Lebron are top 4 that 5th spot could be anyone Durant Kobe Paul Melo or Rose.
Warriors fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

add durant,melo,deron williams and zach randolf over him to right now. anyone else has zach in the bottom of their top 10 or 11/12 slot?
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriors fan
For this year yes he was the best PG and a top 5 player but just in general Chris Paul and Deron Williams are just as good as him. Dwight Wade Dirk Lebron are top 4 that 5th spot could be anyone Durant Kobe Paul Melo or Rose.
He was the MVP, but not the best pg.

CP3, Deron, and Rondo were better pg's this season.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #12
Vince McMahon
I hit open layups

Vince McMahon is starting to rub some people the wrong wayVince McMahon is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
This shouldn't even be an insult it's just the truth.
Vince McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #13
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
He was the MVP, but not the best pg.

CP3, Deron, and Rondo were better pg's this season.
Um no he was better than Rondo and Deron, but he wasn't better than Nash or Paul. Rose is at best the second best PG in the game.

Not really sure who is better between Rose and Melo. I am leaning towards Melo there.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #14
demons2005
Local High School Star

demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

call me when CP gets out of the first round without the best shooter in NBA history, Tyson Chandler (leading the Dallas defense to the finals), and David West. OR gets out of the second round at all.

Don't even talk about Nash the guy is decent but old and might as well be cherry-picking all game given his defensive prowess.

Deron is the only one I say is better than Rose when he's healthy but then again he's better than most PG's to ever play the game so that's not exactly an insult
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

BlackJoker23 has no real reputation yet.

rose might be the most overrated player ever. chris paul is clearly better. rose on the hornets = lakers sweep.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: