Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
STR8OUTACHICAGO
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Richard Hamilton rumor

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6603100

Already owners of the No. 1 pick in the draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers are trying to sweeten their position by securing the second pick as well, according to league sources.

The Cavaliers are in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons about a three-team trade that would give Cleveland the top two picks of next month's NBA draft.

In the trade being discussed, Cleveland would absorb Detroit's Richard Hamilton into the $14.6 million trade exception it received in last summer's LeBron James sign-and-trade with Miami, while also receiving the Pistons' No. 8 pick. The Cavaliers would then send that pick, along with their fourth pick, to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' second pick.

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent. Chicago would be one of the likeliest destinations.

Sources say, however, that Detroit will not consummate the trade as proposed without receiving players in return. The Pistons no longer view Hamilton's contract as an albatross with a lockout potentially knocking off one of the remaining two years on his deal.

Cleveland nearly traded for Hamilton at the February trade deadline with the intention of buying him out. In that scenario, Hamilton would have signed with Chicago after the buyout. The motivation for Detroit, which has been looking to move Hamilton for years, is mainly financial.

Whether the trade comes to fruition or not, the Cavaliers are all but certain to use the No. 1 pick on Irving, a favorite of the team's front office. The club's owner, Dan Gilbert, is a huge fan of Williams and sees him and Irving as building blocks for the future.

While one of the Cavaliers' greatest needs is at small forward, Williams, though viewed as a 'tweener, is seen by most league executives as a power forward. If the Cavs draft Williams and determine that he can't play small forward, they may deal power forward J.J. Hickson, who has good value on the trade market.
STR8OUTACHICAGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
dak121
College superstar

Default Re: Richard Hamilton rumor

I'd take him as Korver's replacement.

Still need another scorer/ballhandler though after bringing him in.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

I don't think he would solve the problem, but I would gladly take some scoring from him off the bench. He's still got the shot, and has valuable championship experience.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:57 AM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I would take him as the starting shooting guard over Bogans, if the Bulls can't get anyone better. I'd definitely take him over Jamal Crawford and Jason Richardson.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
SinJackal
Banned

He'll be 34 soon and has been garbage and injury prone the last 2 seasons.

He hasn't been "good" since 2008 (or 2009 if you don't hold him to his own standards).

Please no. The risk isn't worth the reward imo. . .
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:18 AM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

We're not desperate or stupid.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
STR8OUTACHICAGO
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
We're not desperate or stupid.

Apparently the Bulls tried to aquire OJ Mayo at the trade deadline. The trade Bulls trade Ronnie Brewer, Two 1st round draft picks (28 and 30 overall), and a 2nd round pick for OJ Mayo.

Memphis said NO because they wanted Omer Asik or Taj Gibson and the Bull didn't want to give them up.

That's what it may take to get Mayo.

Let's not forget Mayo averaged 17-18 ppg in 08-09 and 09-10 when he started.
STR8OUTACHICAGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

He got banged up in 09 and he and Ben Gordon haven't clicked all that well. Rip is Ray Allen like in his conditioning though. He isn't going anywhere IMVHO. His points per 36 hasn't changed.

Over the next 2 years, I highly doubt OJ Mayo or Aarno Afflalo outplays him, to say the least. He'd fit great next to Rose with his ability to score without ball domination.

It'd be better for Chicago if they could dump Boozer for him,but not sure it would go that far.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
BASTEY
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
It'd be better for Chicago if they could dump Boozer for him,but not sure it would go that far.

Would be stupid, in my opinion.
BASTEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8OUTACHICAGO
Apparently the Bulls tried to aquire OJ Mayo at the trade deadline. The trade Bulls trade Ronnie Brewer, Two 1st round draft picks (28 and 30 overall), and a 2nd round pick for OJ Mayo.

Memphis said NO because they wanted Omer Asik or Taj Gibson and the Bull didn't want to give them up.

That's what it may take to get Mayo.

Let's not forget Mayo averaged 17-18 ppg in 08-09 and 09-10 when he started.

Jackie Chan once wrecked 12 cars before he got a stunt right. That's what it takes to get a stunt right sometimes.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #11
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

If the rumors are accurate, that he is being bought out, then he should come cheap.
Another plus is he also plays good defense.
The negatives are
He is not young and he is not a legit 3 pt shooter IMO, being more deadly from 15-18 ft, therefore he wont space the floor that much.
He is an upgrade over Bogans, so ill take him but the Bulls shouldn't stop and still try to acquire another SG.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
He got banged up in 09 and he and Ben Gordon haven't clicked all that well. Rip is Ray Allen like in his conditioning though. He isn't going anywhere IMVHO. His points per 36 hasn't changed.

Over the next 2 years, I highly doubt OJ Mayo or Aarno Afflalo outplays him, to say the least. He'd fit great next to Rose with his ability to score without ball domination.

Boozer has been a lot better than Rip for years. It's not even remotely close at this point. It would make no sense at all the tear apart the team simply because a small faction of stupid Bulls fans unjustly blame Boozer for the entire team playing like shit in the ECF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
If the rumors are accurate, that he is being bought out, then he should come cheap.
Another plus is he also plays good defense.
The negatives are
He is not young and he is not a legit 3 pt shooter IMO, being more deadly from 15-18 ft, therefore he wont space the floor that much.
He is an upgrade over Bogans, so ill take him but the Bulls shouldn't stop and still try to acquire another SG.

And a huge downgrade from Bogans on the defensive end. Rip isn't worth the time unless he's a free agent signing at practically no cost. We don't need another slow shooter with suspect defense. We already have that. At least get someone faster and younger like Crawford, or someone who hasn't been injury prone and can hit the 3pt ball at a consistently high rate like JRich.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Boozer has been a lot better than Rip for years. It's not even remotely close at this point. It would make no sense at all the tear apart the team simply because a small faction of stupid Bulls fans unjustly blame Boozer for the entire team playing like shit in the ECF.

And a huge downgrade from Bogans on the defensive end. Rip isn't worth the time unless he's a free agent signing at practically no cost. We don't need another slow shooter with suspect defense. We already have that. At least get someone faster and younger like Crawford, or someone who hasn't been injury prone and can hit the 3pt ball at a consistently high rate like JRich.

I'll take Rip if it comes after he's bought out and he accepts coming here at a very low cost. But there's several guys I would rather us go after so Rip is pretty far down on my wish list.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Actually think this would be a good risk and he'd sure be a lot more excited here in Chicago and the Bulls would be a better overall team, especially on offense.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: