Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Dwight Howard or Bust

I really don't think this Bulls team can beat a healthy Miami Heat team unless we get a true superstar partnered with Rose. A decent SG is not enough.

Between Noah, Taj, Omer, picks I think the Bulls can find a deal that makes sense. Unfortunately I'm not sure if Orlando will trade him or pull a Cleveland and just wait.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Dwight Howard or Bust

I don't think we're going to get Dwight, and I definitely think that whoever does get Dwight is going to have to take Gil or Hedo with him.

It'd be hard to match Howard's contract + one of those guys.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
M a K o
Can barely lace up my sneakers

M a K o has an OK reputation so far

Couldn't we get Dwight and Hedo for Noah and Boozer and some picks? Could be a good deal if Howard is going to leave Orlando. Who else can actually afford him who has any pieces to trade that are a championship contender?
M a K o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M a K o
Couldn't we get Dwight and Hedo for Noah and Boozer and some picks? Could be a good deal if Howard is going to leave Orlando. Who else can actually afford him who has any pieces to trade that are a championship contender?

Yeah, go ahead and involve Carlos Boozer's contract that is worse than Hedo's.

Other teams that could afford him? How about the Lakers.

Bynum will make 15 million next year.
Odom will make just under 9 million
Artest just under 7 million

Bynum and Odom both have team options on their contracts after next year, so essentially they could both be expiring contracts if the Magic didn't want to keep them for that team option. WAY better deal than getting Noah and Boozer IMO.

Boston, they've got a 21 million dollar expiring contract in KG for next season. I don't really see that ever happening, but then again I don't see the Magic taking on Boozer's contract either.

New Jersey could also have some pieces depending on what they do in the offseason. Pretty sure they will have like 20 million in cap space. So they could straight up just take on Dwights contract.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:56 AM   #5
M a K o
Can barely lace up my sneakers

M a K o has an OK reputation so far

Why would Dwight go to L.A. or Boston? if he went to L.A. he's just going to be the replacement for Kobe and that team isn't getting any younger, same with Boston.

I could probably see him going to NJ, they already have Deron and the cap space and they could win a championship with him on that team.

To be honest Boozer is better then having nobody, even if the Bulls took on Arenas instead of Hedo, Orlando would be coming out with a nice deal, instead of just losing Dwight for nothing.
M a K o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Noah, Boozer, Omer for Dwight and Arenas. That works in terms of money and Orlando gets young talent.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Noah, Boozer, Omer for Dwight and Arenas. That works in terms of money and Orlando gets young talent.

Rose/Watson
Arenas/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Taj/Scal?
Dwight/Thomas

We would probably have to draft a PF/C
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Apart from Rose anyone should be included in a trade for Dwight.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dwight is making all kinds of official announcements that he doesn't want to leave Orlando.

/thread
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: