Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-19-2006, 12:44 AM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default David Lee Appreciation Thread

17 points 20 rebounds 3 assist 2 steals

HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:39 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I have said this before to me Zeke should start Lee, Balkman and Frye.

Let them learn to work together and be the nucleus of this team with Q and Marbury as the guards. Nate, Crawford, Jefferies, Collins and Cato off the bench,

I think the only reason he plays Curry and James is because of their huge contracts. They stink!!!!!!!!
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

he's just incredible... plus he's not playin full minutes... about time the New New school takes over the new school (Marbury, Franchise, Q)
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

David Lee works hard every night, he deserves the starting job. I think with the suspensions he will get the opportunity. I also think Isaiah put Jefferies in the starting line up to keep people on their toes. He's versatile so he can play basically any position, Balkman can play several positions, as well as lee. No one is safe in terms of starting. Again, Lee is the man!!!!!
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

He deserves the starting job. Anybody notice that as soon as Frye came back, Curry's numbers went down?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I don't know if you can blame Frye.

Frye was a successful scorer in college and looks more for his very sweet short jumper, Lee doesn't have one(YET). As opposed to Curry that hasn't been successful at anything.

Yes, Lee should be the starting PF and Frye the center with Balkman at SF.

Q at the 2 and Marburry at PG. Jefferies coming off the bench to spell Lee, Balkman and Frye.

Nate, Crawford and Cato too.

Oldman Rose and Collins as a fill in and that's your rotation.

As I have said before send Curry and James home with their pots of gold and move on.

I think Francis is tradeable for someone to fill out the roster, preferably a contract that expire really soon.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #7
SolidOak
I Hit Open Layups

SolidOak has an OK reputation so far
Default curry

bigdaddybluesman you are full of it to think sending curry on his way will help the team. The best chemistry we have had this season has been when curry and lee were starting together.
SolidOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

That's your opinion, I don't see it in the win lose record.

He is not a complete basketball player and is clueless. Even Marbury said when he gives him the ball he doesn't give it back.

So he scores 30 points and we lose, big deal.

Were was he in the Utah game, in foul trouble, if he doesn't have other guys to do his dirty work he runs into foul trouble. That's because he can't do anything but score in the low post. No skills what so ever.......

So anybody is entitled to their opinion and that is mine based on what I see from his performance. Not from somebodies idea of his potential.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 AM   #9
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
That's your opinion, I don't see it in the win lose record.

He is not a complete basketball player and is clueless. Even Marbury said when he gives him the ball he doesn't give it back.

So he scores 30 points and we lose, big deal.

Were was he in the Utah game, in foul trouble, if he doesn't have other guys to do his dirty work he runs into foul trouble. That's because he can't do anything but score in the low post. No skills what so ever.......

So anybody is entitled to their opinion and that is mine based on what I see from his performance. Not from somebodies idea of his potential.

You make it sound as if its easy to score 30 points in th epaint for 10+ games in a row. Curry also rebounded in double figures in that time. To be honest, I kind of expected Curry to foul out that game because it was the game after the brawl. Refs were going to send a message to the players early and Curry was going to get the ball early. Makes sense to me. I didn't physically see the game, but I saw it coming.-Curry is an asset because he scores in the paint, which creates space for others to score in their strengths on the court. Curry is showing signs of hope and improvement in offense and defense, so lets give him some credit.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:05 AM   #10
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

He just is frustrating!!!!

They even showed Isaiah's face after Curry did the same stupid thing again and he looked disgusted and yanked him. He lowers his shoulder all the time when he drives to the basket. That's an instant foul and the refs are looking for it from him.

He needs so much work on basic basketball techniques it's amazing.

Yes he has some great physical tools but how long can you wait for this guy to get it all together on a consistent basis?

By doing that you are retarding the growth of the other young players. They want to run and Curry slows it all down. Curry has been in the league 5 years.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:57 AM   #11
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
He just is frustrating!!!!

They even showed Isaiah's face after Curry did the same stupid thing again and he looked disgusted and yanked him. He lowers his shoulder all the time when he drives to the basket. That's an instant foul and the refs are looking for it from him.

He needs so much work on basic basketball techniques it's amazing.

Yes he has some great physical tools but how long can you wait for this guy to get it all together on a consistent basis?

By doing that you are retarding the growth of the other young players. They want to run and Curry slows it all down. Curry has been in the league 5 years.
But with Isiah for one-fourth of a season, and he already had 10 straight 20+ point games. Just give him a few seasons under Isiah, and I wouldnt be surprised if he became one of the best centers in the league.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #12
shakespeare
I airball my layups

shakespeare has an OK reputation so far

I just cannot say enough about David Lee. Such a hard worker and very energetic guy.

Can't knock the hustle.
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #13
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

this guy is incredible. from the start of the season to now he's been the most consistant player on the knicks. i think he's the 6th man of the year.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #14
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

Jeffries is going to have to fight to get back in the lineup, I just dont see how zeke can lower lee's minutes after his hustle the past two games.

Way to got #42
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #15
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

19 rebounds vs bobcats..wow
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: