Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Anybody else disappointed with L.A Noire?

Yes, srs.

The story was incredible, but the entire game was extremely repetitive. I was hoping for more of a GTA IV experience, except the protagonist is actually a hero instead of a criminal.
The recreation of Los Angeles is amazing, and trust me, for those of you who may have never been to the city of Angels, this game got it perfectly. There were areas in the game that are still currently standing in L.A.
The graphics, the fact that peoples' facial features and movements would be realistic, the cars driving how you'd expect a 1940's vehicle to drive, etc., was all brilliantly constructed.
In presentation alone, this game is far superior than most games; however, the game play itself is boring.
You investigate a crime scene, interview a few suspects, find the real criminal, chase him down, either whoop his ass and arrest him or end up shooting him to death, and then you advance to the next case.
I finished the game in about three days because I've been recently out of commission from a motorcycle accident, and I have literally had nothing to do but lay in bed and rest all day.
This game was toted up on message boards, in reviews, and by people I know who play video games, but the end result kind of disappointed me.
Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game to play. I'd recommend it to any gamer out there, but I think I'll just wait for GTA V now.

I know I said this in another thread somewhere else on this forum, but let me repeat it:

GTA IV >>>>>> L.A. NOIRE
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anybody else disappointed with L.A Noire?

I wasn't disappointed but then again I knew exactly what I was in for. Games with this type of storyline have a linear path and have no replay value. The satisfaction of the game is solving the mystery. The missions can be quite repetitive but I have played worse.

BTW I agree GTA IV > L.A Noire.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

Graphics are amazing but it feels more like a choose your own adventure than a video game.

Awful waste of all that landscape in my opinion.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How can you compare GTA 4 to L.A Noire? GTA 4 can be compared to Red Dead Redemption.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Just got back from trading it in at gamestop. I only played up until right after the red lipstick murder. The game just couldn't keep my interest and I got tired of turning on the ps3 just to watch 10 mins of video for a case and only a couple actual mins of playing the game.

Paid $15 after the trade in and got Fight Night.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Just got back from trading it in at gamestop. I only played up until right after the red lipstick murder. The game just couldn't keep my interest and I got tired of turning on the ps3 just to watch 10 mins of video for a case and only a couple actual mins of playing the game.

Paid $15 after the trade in and got Fight Night.

How much did you get paid at gamestop? I know on ebay you could of scored like 40-50 easily?
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
How much did you get paid at gamestop? I know on ebay you could of scored like 40-50 easily?
It was $28 credit plus $5 off of my new game because I signed up for the rewards card. So pretty much 33.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rockstar got a bunch of people to buy a style of game they don't like. ads on espn and tnt all day, they were expecting to run around an open world and kill shit
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
rockstar got a bunch of people to buy a style of game they don't like. ads on espn and tnt all day, they were expecting to run around an open world and kill shit
This is why people should be smarter consumers and perhaps read a preview before the game comes out or read some reviews when it does come out.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 AM   #10
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
This is why people should be smarter consumers and perhaps read a preview before the game comes out or read some reviews when it does come out.

I actually check out previews and reviews before buying any game. I was just asuming this game would live up to the hype. It did for the most part, but it really got boring after a short while.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:13 AM   #11
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I never had any real interest in LA Noire. Investigating crimes and such just seems like a lame way to spend gaming time unless there is an existing interest in that. To top that off, no multiplayer. Video games without a multiplayer should not go for $59.99...just my opinion.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:37 AM   #12
Irish
Sussudio

Irish has decent reputation

It's not a patch on Red Dead Redemption, but still better than most games out at the moment.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am not disappointed.
I am not a hardcore gamer or a hardcore critic.
I kinda just take it for what it is.. and at this point it is a great game.
Gonna go on at 2pm right when I get home from work.
(I get off at 1:30)
Can't wait ..
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
Graphics are amazing but it feels more like a choose your own adventure than a video game.

Awful waste of all that landscape in my opinion.

This would sort of be my opinion at the moment. Something of a waste of a huge map. It wouldn't have changed a whole lot about the experience if you didn't have to drive from crime scene to crime scene and just dropped you in where you're supposed to be.

I'm not crazy about it. The weird thing is, I already dig around for crap in games like the finding clues in this game. It would seem like it's right up my ally. But I do it because I feel like I found something other people might not find. In this you have to do it, which takes away from the fun for me.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

L.A. Noire is a very creative concept, but the scope of the game is very limited. I wouldn't go as far as saying the title is a gimmick, but more or less that's what it is. You look at the advertisements on TV, and they hype and sell it very well. Then when you actually experience it for yourself, it comes off new and innovating in the beginning just like you had anticipated and envisioned, but after a couple hours you really begin to see just how limited the game is. That's why I say get Blue Dragon instead.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: