Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-21-2006, 05:20 AM   #1
NBABaller
Banned

Default Can the Heat repeat as Champs?

Shaq already said they will, but it will be a tall order, with Dallas returning stronger than ever, Detroit hungrier, Phoenix with Amare back healthy...

Difficult but not impossible..

BTW I don't think the spurs will be a factor next year, they are overrated, getting older and slower that's why I don't count them as a contender next season....
NBABaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:30 AM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

they wont repeat. they'll be too old and slow. and like u said, alot of teams are on the rise.

p.s. i have a guarantee but im not gonna speak up just yet. im holdin myself back for now
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:30 AM   #3
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

The Spurs are always a factor. I expect big things from Duncan this year.

Maybe just maybe, Duncan gets a bad injury and sits out the season and then the Spurs owner pays the league again to rig the draft and get Greg Oden.

Duncan teaches Oden the ropes and then the dominate for a few seasons. Then Oden starts to dominate and wins a few championships.

Oden starts to decline and he fakes an injury so the Spurs owner can pay David Stern to rig the draft again, and then the Spurs can draft my son (he's not born yet, but I pray to a God I don't believe in that he will be a 7 foot monster with my basketball ability at least), and then he is drafted by the Spurs.

Oden teaches Bennett the ropes and then Oden retires, while Bennett creams the league and pays for all my travellling expenses including my new younger wife (I will brain wash him from an early age).

TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:46 AM   #4
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

shaq another year older. peyton and possibly even mourning retired. jwill and walker even more full of themselves. heat don't have much of a chance of repeating.

detroit is done if they keep flip as a coach. he lost that team in the playoffs. plus billups is starting to act like he's supposed to be some kind of a superstar.

amare had the dreaded microfracture surgery. he will come out and try to impress people, but the history of that surgery suggests that he will just not be the same athelete. if you just had that surgery, it means that you just lost a part of your meniscus and are taking desperate measure to avoid an arthiritic knee. for a player sooooo dependent on his atheleticism, i don't see amare being the same amare again. he might still put up good stats, but he'll never be dominating like he was in the playoffs a year ago. plus another minus for phoenix is that nash is another year older. he showed signs of wearing donw in this year's playoffs late in the game. also, with collangelo gone and diaw likely looking for a big payday, and phoenix already having huge money invested in amare/marion/nash, there might be a big change comming in the sun's personell.

the spurs live and die with TD. true he gets another year older, but he's also another year removed from plantar faschitis which can only heal with rest. manu is not getting any better and bowen and finley are getting older. but they still have pop and duncan. they'll still be one of the best teams in the west.

dallas has a huge question to answer. do they resign terry or do they let him walk a la nash if another team comes in with a strong offer. harris and howard getting another year older helps plus I think dirk will come back improved again like always, but that team desperately needs an improvement at starting 2 guard. adrian griffin is a scrub. also a good low post thread that dunks instead of putting up soft layups would help keep them from turning into a soft jump shooting team when playing a team like miami. i think they'll still be at the same level as the Spurs and the refs would decide who advances.

look for houston to run back into the thick of things if mcgrady's back recovers. also lakers will try to shake things up and build around kobe and PJ, if lakers are smart, they'll try to trade odom for a dominant post player. lots more offseason trading to go on. AI's probably going to change teams, and if he goes to Denver, look out rest of the league.

Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids : 06-21-2006 at 05:50 AM.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:48 AM   #5
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

wow i think this is the 3rd of 4th topic about the heat repeating...heres a thought...why not check the previous pages before making repeat threads?
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:48 AM   #6
JSub
Decent college freshman

The Heat dont NEED to win another championship. They've accomplished what they set out to prove. They took the gamble on Shaq to win now and that's exactly what they did. Zo got his ring. Payton got his ring. Shaq got his revenge. Pat Riley, its been a long time coming. Wade's star has risen above all others. There is nothing left to prove.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:49 AM   #7
G.O.P
I airball my layups

If the Heat keep the team they have now, w/ a couple tweaks to the roster depending on who returns (Zo, and G.P) I see them bein the favorite in the East again next season, and if Zo decides to stay that'll be an added bonus
G.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:56 AM   #8
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Not one person talks about the Cavs.

they were 1 win (rebound) from beating the Pistons and changing everythig.

Oh Yeah the Nets have 2 first rounders so don't count them out. ANd the Bulls will make some noise.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #9
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Please give Stern a break. He had to fix the whole Play-Offs and worked overtime in the finals with his dinosaur refs and now you want him to worry about next season.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:19 AM   #10
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
wow i think this is the 3rd of 4th topic about the heat repeating...heres a thought...why not check the previous pages before making repeat threads?

I agree. It's annoying.

I think the Suns will win it all next year.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:11 AM   #11
Heretik32
Myrrh

No way will they repeat... they shouldn't even have won this year, all things considered.

Next year? Shaq and Payton are on their way out, while other teams continue to improve.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:20 AM   #12
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
No way will they repeat... they shouldn't even have won this year, all things considered.

Next year? Shaq and Payton are on their way out, while other teams continue to improve.

You know that's what everyone said this year, they proved people wrong, so stfu
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:25 AM   #13
Heretik32
Myrrh

Everyone said that this year? I can clearly remember everyone crying wolf when Miami traded like crazy this summer. Most people agreed that they'd make it at least into the finals, where they'd lose against the Spurs.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #14
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
Everyone said that this year? I can clearly remember everyone crying wolf when Miami traded like crazy this summer. Most people agreed that they'd make it at least into the finals, where they'd lose against the Spurs.

What world are you in? Ok first off 95% of this board said that Pat Riley ruined this team by making all the changes and adding players .The regular season people they have bad team chemisrty and said they could maybe MAYBE make it to the Conf Finals against the Pistons if and only IF they got past the Nets, this is because of there 1-13 or so record vs divison leaders in the regular season. Then when they got to the Conference Finals everybody was saying the Pistons just weren't themselves (meaning barely getting past Cavs) and that the Pistons would flip on the switch at the last minute and everything would go the Pistons way. Oh and then once the Heat tore them a new a55hole they lost the first two games to the Mavs and everyone or "Most People" were saying that the Heat are too slow for the Mavs, they can't keep up with them and Dallas's Front office was already planning a parade route for there "Glorious Team". Well that never happenend and even when the Heat won three games at home, THREE STRAIGHT ,11 out of 14 espn/nba tv crew said they weren't going to be able to close it out because the Dallas have homecourt and it's to much of a hostile enviroment to win in.

Crying wolf I think not
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:58 AM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

No they wont...repeating is tough. Miami is getting older.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: