Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #31
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

my level of posting reflects the thread. this is a rule i go by.

you see, this thread has been done many times and everyone comes up with the same worthless arguements...so basically my responses are on par with everyone elses.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #32
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Why is it that every time a black athlete gets in trouble for something, some other idiot says that it is due to racism?
Why reply to a question without answering it? Only an idiot would do that.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #33
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
Racism is most definitely at pay when it comes to the way in which the nba is covered. Prime example would be the way in which the medi covered kobe's fall from grace post rape charge. It seemed like they were saying like oh we thought he was a credit to his race. Listen to how well spoken he was, dressed different. And now he is just like the others. Like all the other black players in the nba. Nevermind that less than 1% of the league has ever been charged with a crime like rape. To put men in the same category as a guy that has been charged with rape shows the racist agenda of the media.
Also there are subtle differences in the way in which players are covered. For example marbury is considered to have a street ball type of game and nash is simply spectacular. Thats total rubbish because nash plays more 'playground" than any superstar in the league.
These types of bias are perpetated by the racist media all the time and when something like the brawl happens its like all their christmasses came at once.
I agree with some of this. They're not intentionally racist though.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #34
KWALI
erudite

Default Don't overeact on an overreaction

Sure the media overreacts when it's the NBA...it'd the most exclusive major sports league going.

Sure race is part of that overeaction as it is a part of everything discussed especially in the U.S.....But really the teams involved and individuals involved were more of the reason the entire"thug" thing came up...Race has something to do with that too but in general the NBA isn't that much more critisized...

But the one thing somone (I think Double or Bagel) said abut "resp[ect" your an idiot the NHL is all about respect and it 's 90% white so is MLB.....All sports leagues and athletes use"respect" for a motivator for good or bad things don't be stupid.,
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
Racism is most definitely at pay when it comes to the way in which the nba is covered. Prime example would be the way in which the medi covered kobe's fall from grace post rape charge. It seemed like they were saying like oh we thought he was a credit to his race. Listen to how well spoken he was, dressed different. And now he is just like the others. Like all the other black players in the nba. Nevermind that less than 1% of the league has ever been charged with a crime like rape. To put men in the same category as a guy that has been charged with rape shows the racist agenda of the media.
Also there are subtle differences in the way in which players are covered. For example marbury is considered to have a street ball type of game and nash is simply spectacular. Thats total rubbish because nash plays more 'playground" than any superstar in the league.
These types of bias are perpetated by the racist media all the time and when something like the brawl happens its like all their christmasses came at once.

Kobe isnt looked at that much different than before. His peers? Not really moreso a sense os satisfaction as "See, he's not eh golden boy, goody two shoes the MEDIA (go figure) made him out to be. He's human and makes mistakes and is far from perfect.". They didnt frown on Kobe and diss the guy altogether lumping him with the bad crowd. You're tripping. What was said is that he made a poor decision for someone supposedly being the face of the league. I'd like to read the articles that support what you are claiming.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #36
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
. For example marbury is considered to have a street ball type of game and nash is simply spectacular. Thats total rubbish because nash plays more 'playground" than any superstar in the league.
e.

THANK YOU I've said that since the first MVP Glad someone esle noticed that...People still talk about MARBURY as if he plays AND1 style he's so far from it it's laughable
Old 12-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #37
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
I agree with some of this. They're not intentionally racist though. I cringe every time I hear the media calling black people "articulate."

The media outlets try their best to convince the public that they are objective and balanced, when in reality they hold some of the most bigoted views. And their agenda's can be clearly seen by anyone who has a mond of their own and the ability to critically analyse information presented.
Another example would be to look at the OJ Simpson case. He was always presented as a black athlete not a football player or even a black footbal player. Its because football is to special to tarnish just because on guy lost his mind and committed murder. And the fact that simple minded people were able to turn the OJ Simpson case into a black white thing shows just how easily influenced the masses are.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #38
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
The media outlets try their best to convince the public that they are objective and balanced, when in reality they hold some of the most bigoted views. And their agenda's can be clearly seen by anyone who has a mond of their own and the ability to critically analyse information presented.
Another example would be to look at the OJ Simpson case. He was always presented as a black athlete not a football player or even a black footbal player. Its because football is to special to tarnish just because on guy lost his mind and committed murder. And the fact that simple minded people were able to turn the OJ Simpson case into a black white thing shows just how easily influenced the masses are.
Thats true
i was hoping noone would quote me on that after I edited cuz i made a thread out of it in the ot board.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #39
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Why reply to a question without answering it? Only an idiot would do that.
Says the guy who replied to my question with a question.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #40
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Kobe isnt looked at that much different than before. His peers? Not really moreso a sense os satisfaction as "See, he's not eh golden boy, goody two shoes the MEDIA (go figure) made him out to be. He's human and makes mistakes and is far from perfect.". They didnt frown on Kobe and diss the guy altogether lumping him with the bad crowd. You're tripping. What was said is that he made a poor decision for someone supposedly being the face of the league. I'd like to read the articles that support what you are claiming.

I wathed the sport century thing that espn did after the rape charge and i cant remember the lady's name but she said at worst he is a rapist, and at best he will go down just like the rest of the players in the league. I wish I still had my old pc i coould have been specific.

Last edited by gb8 : 12-19-2006 at 01:53 PM.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #41
305Baller
Dos minutos.

"Do you agree with this (racism and the brawl)?
Taken from today's ESPN Daily Dime:

Chris, Seattle: and The fact that everyone makes such a big deal about an NBA brawl and not so much about a MLB brawl smacks of racism, I don't care what people say.

Bill Simmons: Couldn't agree more. Everyone involved in this fight was black, so the players are now "out of control" and the whole thing is "a disgrace." But when a white baseball player charges a white pitcher, it's all in good fun. It's a little weird."

It's kind of true. But we wouldnt know unless Stern was the commish in another sport.

Last edited by 305Baller : 12-19-2006 at 01:57 PM.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #42
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
Thats total rubbish because nash plays more 'playground" than any superstar in the league.
lol i like nash but its true. I hear so many strictly college fans saying stuff like "I can't stand the NBA they play no defense" and then say "I only like the suns Nash plays the right way"
Old 12-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #43
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Says the guy who replied to my question with a question.
Touche, but the point still stands. This thread brings up a valid argument. Why is basketball the only sport where fighting gets the "thug" label? Baseball may have ten times as many fights, and hockey is completely off the scale. But the NBA is thuggish? Why?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #44
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

It's not so much articles as much as the "comments" during broadcast...and not the national guys more the homer bradcasters that work for the Bucks etc who seem to have no experiance being impartial.LIke the Dallas commentators gusy say "we" talking about the team. But it was nation wide...I heard them making comments to the effect or"

" These are allegations but it makes you wonder how much KB8 was really all the things he seemed" etc

etc Kinda implies that KB8's act was belyin his vulgar true self.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #45
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Why is it that every time a black athlete gets in trouble for something, some other idiot says that it is due to racism?
Mostly because racism is often at least a partial factor.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: