Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #16
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

Default Re: After Finals Game 1, Dirk Nowitzki has torn tendon in his left middle finger

Wouldn't worry too much about it. He needs to get better at the boards, though. His shots will fall sooner or later and the refs will not keep allowing that much contact on him.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
Harison
The Awakening

Default Re: After Finals Game 1, Dirk Nowitzki has torn tendon in his left middle finger

Sad to hear it, although good its not his shooting hand.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #18
asdf1990
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Wouldn't worry too much about it. He needs to get better at the boards, though. His shots will fall sooner or later and the refs will not keep allowing that much contact on him.

He got 12 Fts.. His not getting 24 Fts every game..
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #19
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
I have a torn ligament on my left thumb, which is my off hand. For the guy that thinks it will effect his left handle dribble drives then you are wrong. It doesn't really effect shooting either though.
I have also torn a tendon in my left hand. I'm sure each tear is unique and different, but my case sounds a little similar to Dirk's, in that my finger sort of shriveled up and I couldn't straighten it back out. I have to say, it wasn't terribly painful. It was more disconcerting because I didn't know if I had insurance to cover it. The splint should help alleviate the straightening issue, obviously.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #20
swi7ch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsupra
Thanks for deleting my thread

ISH > you
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #21
nba_55
Searching a new team

If Lebron announced he has torn tendon after losing game 1, ISH would called it fake.
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #22
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba_55
If Lebron announced he has torn tendon after losing game 1, ISH would called it fake.

It's called credibility. Dirk has it.
dynasty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #23
Basketball Fan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty1978
It's called credibility. Dirk has it.

Yep I don't recall Dirk talking about his messed up elbow(allegedly)
Basketball Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #24
DJmicah
Road to Greatness

Dirk With the Excuses...
DJmicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #25
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJmicah
Dirk With the Excuses...

If it was an excuse he would say it was on his shooting hand you moron. He even deflected talk about it in the post game. He played like shit and he knows it. He doesn't need excuses. He hasn't his entire career why start now?
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #26
DJmicah
Road to Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCBaller1403
If it was an excuse he would say it was on his shooting hand you moron. He even deflected talk about it in the post game. He played like shit and he knows it. He doesn't need excuses. He hasn't his entire career why start now?
every person that hates the heat will say that the ring doesnt count because dirk was "injured", everybody will say wade got too many freethrows the first time and he got injured the second, "poor dirk he desrves those fluke heat championships!" and im sure he'll say something like" it was too bad I got injured we couldve won" I expect refs to be the main excuse though
DJmicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #27
dazzer87
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
welcome to kobes world
No no no Dirk is really injury. He not faking it like that rapist we have here in LA.
dazzer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #28
SebasMiamiFan
Dolphins,Heat,Marlins

The Heat can whack at it and it's going to be harder for him to rebound and stuff with the pain from it bothering him. It's not a huge injury, but it will affect him a little.
SebasMiamiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #29
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Not a big deal.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #30
Brickz187
06,12,13 NBA Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJmicah
every person that hates the heat will say that the ring doesnt count because dirk was "injured", everybody will say wade got too many freethrows the first time and he got injured the second, "poor dirk he desrves those fluke heat championships!" and im sure he'll say something like" it was too bad I got injured we couldve won" I expect refs to be the main excuse though

Who cares what people who hate the Heat have to say? As a fan all you should care about is the team and their accomplishments. Success will always gain hate, circle of life. F the haters let them say what they want.
Brickz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: