Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Arrow We Will Miss You Shaq!

Like he said baby! 19 years & 4 Rings
I'll miss watching you out in the court.
It aint gonna be the same with out you

Peace out Big Diesel!

Ill miss you SHAQ!!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Default Re: We Will Miss You Shaq!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
M.V.W.
I hit open layups

It would've been great to see him retire a Laker, but I'm grateful for his contributions to the team. Happy Retirement, Shaq!
M.V.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

He should head in to the H.O.F. as a Laker. Let's see what he does in 7 years.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

I will forever remember Shaq demolishing Mt. Mutombo in the finals. And I believe Mutombo won DPOY that year. Well I guess is a little harder going up against the monster we call The Diesel.

Mutombo ate so many elbows that series, its like Shaq went out of his way to demolish Deke's face with those elbows. I dont feel too bad because Deke broke a few dudes faces with those sharp elbows himself.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
JellyBean
College superstar

I am going to miss those cool dance steps that Shaq was famous for doing during All-Star weekend. Thanks, Shaq-Fu.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #7
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
I will forever remember Shaq demolishing Mt. Mutombo in the finals. And I believe Mutombo won DPOY that year. Well I guess is a little harder going up against the monster we call The Diesel.

Mutombo ate so many elbows that series, its like Shaq went out of his way to demolish Deke's face with those elbows. I dont feel too bad because Deke broke a few dudes faces with those sharp elbows himself.

Good Times Good Times, did you see Mutombo's Body Angle?! It was like 11:25 (Clock-Wise)
Oh I Miss Shaq..
Old 06-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Don't get me wrong

shaq will be miss and hope he goes into the HOF as a laker

My problem looking back over the 19 seasons is how Shaq wasted a lot of his talent. Dude never came into any season ready from day one thats where I think he hurted himself from beening one of the best to ever playthis game as a center.

But everybody would probably disagree with my opinion because he won 4 rings which I personally thought he should had won more, "thats the different I feel about Shaq"

Thanks Shaq and enjoy retirement Dude.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Don't get me wrong

My problem looking back over the 19 seasons is how Shaq wasted a lot of his talent. Dude never came into any season ready from day one thats where I think he hurted himself from beening one of the best to ever playthis game as a center.

But everybody would probably disagree with my opinion because he won 4 rings which I personally thought he should had won more, "thats the different I feel about Shaq"

no, you are correct. Shaq could have had a strangle hold on the GOAT argument (at any position) if he would have had a better work ethic (and checked his ego a little). Dude simply dominated due to a never before seen mix of strength and speed. I don't even think Wilt had that mixture, and Wilt was a freak of nature
Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold

Good Times Good Times, did you see Mutombo's Body Angle?! It was like 11:25 (Clock-Wise)
Oh I Miss Shaq..

When Shaq would back him down, Deke would go flying.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Don't get me wrong

100% on the money with this ^^^^^^^

It's a bit sad......If Shaq hadn't run his mouth with his Kobe rap, he may have been able to finish his career as a backup Center with the Lakers and truly mend all fences.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Don't get me wrong

I agree, heard them discussing this on 710. He is one of the greatest centers ever, but you get the feeling that he should have been even more given his skill and size. I feel like he could have given 2-3 more years of the real Shaq if he kept his body in better condition. The weight he had on that body just put too much stress on him. He never was a player known for his work ethic or conditioning.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
Erathia
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I agree, heard them discussing this on 710. He is one of the greatest centers ever, but you get the feeling that he should have been even more given his skill and size. I feel like he could have given 2-3 more years of the real Shaq if he kept his body in better condition. The weight he had on that body just put too much stress on him. He never was a player known for his work ethic or conditioning.

I don't think we ever even got to see the full potential of what Shaq could have done, had he been in better condition and had better work ethic. Had he had the work ethic of some of these other guys... just wow at that thought!
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: