Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
tmac_no1
I airball my layups

tmac_no1 has an OK reputation so far
Default 9 player trade rumour with memphis and pacers

http://www.bettingsportsreview.com/n...-and-grizzlies

thoughts?

Trade rumor recap:

Trade to Memphis

Andrea Bargnani, Leandrinho Barbosa, , Paul George

Trade to Indiana

OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry, Jose Calderon

Trade to Toronto

Rudy Gay, James Posey, Dahntay Jones
tmac_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 9 player trade rumour with memphis and pacers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac_no1
http://www.bettingsportsreview.com/n...-and-grizzlies

thoughts?

Trade rumor recap:

Trade to Memphis

Andrea Bargnani, Leandrinho Barbosa, , Paul George

Trade to Indiana

OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry, Jose Calderon

Trade to Toronto

Rudy Gay, James Posey, Dahntay Jones

Not really sure why Memphis does this, already having a solid starting front court with Gasol/Randolph. Barbosa is also a downgrade from Mayo.

For Indiana it's great. Having a PG combo of Darren Collison and Jose Calderon would be great for them. OJ Mayo gives them a legit perimeter threat and allows Granger to get into the paint more and stop being such a chucker.

For Toronto? I don't know. Gay would be great to have, Posey's best years are behind him, and Dahntay Jones is basically Sonny Weems.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Memphis gets reamed in this deal. While I think OJ Mayo has been a huge disappointment so far in the NBA, the Grizzlies should be able to get a better return for him and Gay.

I like it for Toronto. Gay might be a bit overrated but he's still young, athletic and gives you the type of player you want at SF. I don't think you'll see any big improvement from him though since he's already going into his 6th year. What you see is what you get and that's a good player who is not quite an All-Star. But the Raptors do dump a pointless contract in Bargnani (who doesn't really have a position) as well as Calderon. Posey and Jones are irrelevant and basically could be told to stay home and just collect pay cheques.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Just thinking this through.

At the 3, we'd have Gay, Posey, Kleiza, J.Johnson, Weems. Another move would have to be made for front court depth and/or a point guard.

Our front court would be extremely thin, with only Ed Davis and Amir Johnson being impact(ish) players.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #5
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If this is a contact year for Posey and Jones, then I really like this deal. Dump both Calderon and Bargs and receive an above average scorer with Gay. I think Gay/Derozan combo will be great because they are opposite of one another, shooter/slasher.

Also, Weems is a free agent and I doubt he's coming back after Triano limited his minutes.

And if this trade goes through, does that mean we're drafting Kemba?
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

It would be ironic in the least that the Grizz - who by the way "just lost" in the conference semi finals - to trade away BOTH OJ and Rudy Gay......

Especially after repeated denials around both players.

Barges - while a talented offensive threat - what exactly does he add to the Grizz when Big Z and Gasol are there ?? LB does not replace the point production of Rudy and OJ from the 2 -3 position.

Does anyone else not think that this is just a little far fetched??

Thought so....

The rumors of heavy talks have a lot of credibility as all three teams are looking to shed and add by subtraction.

If any deal went down I suspect it would also involve swapping positions in the upcoming draft as well.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
And if this trade goes through, does that mean we're drafting Kemba?

One would assume so as we think we need a steady 1 - Bayliss perhaps not ready to be the full time pg...

But as mentioned such a trade - if its even 40% accurate - leaves the front court thin. I would then strongly suspect Val or Kantar for example.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

No way Memphis does this trade it's pure horse *****.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Just thinking this through.

At the 3, we'd have Gay, Posey, Kleiza, J.Johnson, Weems. Another move would have to be made for front court depth and/or a point guard.

Our front court would be extremely thin, with only Ed Davis and Amir Johnson being impact(ish) players.

it'd be a better problem to have than what we have now
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

they could have bargnani come of the bench for zach or gasol. Bargs would be deadly on a team where he has no pressure and is playing against the bench of other teams. Thats his game.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
they could have bargnani come of the bench for zach or gasol. Bargs would be deadly on a team where he has no pressure and is playing against the bench of other teams. Thats his game.

Assuming he doesn't end up playing off their bench like he did ours. I know it was a couple years ago, but I still will not be convinced that his fragile psyche can handle a bench role until he shows that it can.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: