Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What mouse do you use?

Hello, I am looking to get a new gaming mouse. What do you all use??

I use fingertip grip so looking for light weight and smaller mouse. Deathadder is no good as I went thru 3 of them.. Clickers and scroll wheel both become unusable with double-click issues. DA is also not designed for fingertip. Before DA, I had diamondback.. Great mouse but both clickers kept double clicking there too. I am done with razer and their shoddy build quality

Mice I am considering:
Logitech G100s
Logitech G402
Logitech G502
Roccat kone
Zowie fk1

Any suggestions??

Last edited by bladefd : 02-16-2015 at 10:19 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
Mr.Kite
Local High School Star

Mr.Kite posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMr.Kite posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: What mouse do you use?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

not for gaming, for work related activities when i need to put my wrist down
Mr.Kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm a clawgrip, mx518's were the best mice ever for my hands. Because they're long gone, with the g400x in lesser quality, the dilemma has sent me on a mouse buying spree over the last few years. The Roccat Pure has been the best for my hands and input response has been awesome since the legendary mx518. But I'm still left without a go-to replacement.
There is a wheel issue with the Roccat's, including the Kone and Pure. This is the main reason why I can't suggest either, unless you are very light with wheel-use.
The Zowie's construction and Steelseries are somewhat similar, both good, more center balanced. The Wheels are nice, the pads are nice, and the weight is good. Lag issues exist with both with was my dealbreaker. Steelseries uses a better USB cable, while Zowie fk1's have nicer sensitivity. Neither are terribly durable.

So now I use a Mx510 upper shell from 2002 with the base and switches off the Roccat Pure and the cable and wheel off the Steelseries. It's amazing how interchangeable some parts are, while others just required some trial and error with the 3D printer. I'm not picky about mice because of gaming, but because I do a lot of design and cad work (so I don't expect other to have a 3D printer, nor know how to use one properly).

Of all the mice you suggested, all of them are about the same and you're left deciding on comfort. If you use your right hand and never switch to your left, I would get rid of the ambidextrous mice.

And just FYI, most mice switches are the same or same design. If the switches are doubleclicking or not clicking consistently, just clean the mouse. You likely got dust and armhairs inside the mechanism. Use a can of air, and blow through the mousewheel opening. It might save you a purchase.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
NBAplayoffs2001
Salute the red bars

NBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNBAplayoffs2001 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

some dell mouse.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:15 PM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I use a Razer. It really depends on what kind of games you want to use it for and how big your hands are.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:16 PM   #6
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
The Zowie's construction and Steelseries are somewhat similar, both good, more center balanced. The Wheels are nice, the pads are nice, and the weight is good. Lag issues exist with both with was my dealbreaker. Steelseries uses a better USB cable, while Zowie fk1's have nicer sensitivity. Neither are terribly durable.

So now I use a Mx510 upper shell from 2002 with the base and switches off the Roccat Pure and the cable and wheel off the Steelseries. It's amazing how interchangeable some parts are, while others just required some trial and error with the 3D printer. I'm not picky about mice because of gaming, but because I do a lot of design and cad work (so I don't expect other to have a 3D printer, nor know how to use one properly).

Of all the mice you suggested, all of them are about the same and you're left deciding on comfort. If you use your right hand and never switch to your left, I would get rid of the ambidextrous mice.

And just FYI, most mice switches are the same or same design. If the switches are doubleclicking or not clicking consistently, just clean the mouse. You likely got dust and armhairs inside the mechanism. Use a can of air, and blow through the mousewheel opening. It might save you a purchase.

Good advise.

1) You pretty much helped eliminate ROCCAT and fk1. I need good mouse wheel as I scroll a lot and want durability. Razer DA lacks both.

2) If you don't mind me asking, which 3D printer do you use? I was looking at resin and ABS ones just for fun. Are they worth it for starting a business?

3) I tried cleaning my DA with electronic cleaner and compressed air after opening it up completely. Fixed it for a month but the issue has come right back. I no longer trust razer mice.

As far as the G100s, G402, and G502 goes.. Have you tried any of them? I know Logitech has very good warranty and not as shoddy build quality as Razer mice.

DeuceWallace. I want a mouse for some FPS and general computing. I have average size hands... If it helps you, Deathadder feels bit heavy and large for my fingertip grip. I would say any mouse smaller than DA works

Last edited by bladefd : 02-16-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:25 PM   #7
RightTwoCensor
Banned

RightTwoCensor has one of the lowest reputations on this boardRightTwoCensor has one of the lowest reputations on this boardRightTwoCensor has one of the lowest reputations on this boardRightTwoCensor has one of the lowest reputations on this boardRightTwoCensor has one of the lowest reputations on this boardRightTwoCensor has one of the lowest reputations on this boardRightTwoCensor has one of the lowest reputations on this board

A New York mouse
RightTwoCensor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:34 PM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeuceWallaces is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I play MMO's and Battlefield; I use a Naga. Got the warranty but never had any problems that some people complain about. Feels a little small, but there were no other 12 side button mice at the time. I probably would have gotten a G600 but they weren't made until at least 2 years after I got this and people have just as many complaints about them.

There's little chance you could use this more than I do, and it's held up.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #9
Dee O Gee
D.O.G

Dee O Gee has a near all-star reputation hereDee O Gee has a near all-star reputation hereDee O Gee has a near all-star reputation hereDee O Gee has a near all-star reputation hereDee O Gee has a near all-star reputation hereDee O Gee has a near all-star reputation here

I keep it simple

Dee O Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:04 AM   #10
Batzboy
Watch me grow

Batzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You do a claw grip? Then picking mouse becomes easy. It comes down to the type of game you play. From your list I think Roccat kone and Zowie fk1 are your best bet for general gaming. The Logitech ones are not comfortable for claw/finger-tip grips.

Razer makes great mice for general claw-grippers too, and they would get my vote. I recommend the Naga if you're an MMO guy, or the DeathAdder for other general gaming.
Batzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:25 AM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I play MMO's and Battlefield; I use a Naga. Got the warranty but never had any problems that some people complain about. Feels a little small, but there were no other 12 side button mice at the time. I probably would have gotten a G600 but they weren't made until at least 2 years after I got this and people have just as many complaints about them.

There's little chance you could use this more than I do, and it's held up.

How is G600 for FPS and finger-tip grip? I see it has braided cable. Good price and warranty too.. hmm, I won't use the macro keys though..
Old 02-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #12
Kungfro
Mods?

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I got the G502 and I'd definitely recommend it.

Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:42 AM   #13
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Been using this for 5+ years now, they don't make the mx518 anymore. Had to open it a few times to clean it out.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 AM   #14
Batzboy
Watch me grow

Batzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBatzboy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
How is G600 for FPS and finger-tip grip? I see it has braided cable. Good price and warranty too.. hmm, I won't use the macro keys though..
Razer Deathadder seems to be the right choice for you.
Batzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 AM   #15
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Keyboard:
Madcatz Cyborg V5
ROCCAT Isku

Mouse:
Logitech G602
Logitech G500

Mousemat:
Q-Pad UC-44 Gaming Mat
Steelseries QcK

Glides:
Hyperglide Mouse Skates MS-3