Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #1501
Iceberg Slim
KID CLUTCH
 
Iceberg Slim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 356
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
That was the rumor, but it is important to note that both Broner and Spence have denied it. Now, that could just be training camp etiquette and, often times with things like this, where there's smoke there is fire. But, it is being denied by both guys.

Almost as interesting, Spence Jr. worked as a sparring partner with Floyd for the Guerrero fight and, one day at a media event, Floyd showed up with a huge shiner. Word on the street (or Internet) was it's also Spence's handiwork.

There was also a rumor that Floyd got pissed when he was hit with the shot and threw Spence out of his camp before cooling down and bringing him back in.


All of this is hearsay, but SOMEBODY gave Floyd a black eye and signs are pointing toward Spence. Bottom line, this kid is someone to watch going forward. Really excited about his potential.

I like Broner as a fighter but I feel like he probably doesn't train as hard as MAyweather. Feels like he just enjoying the moment and probably doesn't take care of himself like Mayweather.

Anyways the KO rumors always seem to be true.


There was rumors that Jorge Linares got ko'ed in training and then he gets knocked out in his fight. Same with Amir Khan

that being said Jorge Linares is one of the most talented boxers I've ever seen in my life but seems like he gets cut/hurt way too easily.

http://youtu.be/0zaIZgV5WfA
Iceberg Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #1502
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,724
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
That was the rumor, but it is important to note that both Broner and Spence have denied it. Now, that could just be training camp etiquette and, often times with things like this, where there's smoke there is fire. But, it is being denied by both guys.

Almost as interesting, Spence Jr. worked as a sparring partner with Floyd for the Guerrero fight and, one day at a media event, Floyd showed up with a huge shiner. Word on the street (or Internet) was it's also Spence's handiwork.

There was also a rumor that Floyd got pissed when he was hit with the shot and threw Spence out of his camp before cooling down and bringing him back in.


All of this is hearsay, but SOMEBODY gave Floyd a black eye and signs are pointing toward Spence. Bottom line, this kid is someone to watch going forward. Really excited about his potential.
And Spence is super middleweight at that, so Broner and May both much smaller and he probably fights at 175.

Still, he was impressive in that fight, whipped ol boy in like 2 minutes.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #1503
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,724
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim
I like Broner as a fighter but I feel like he probably doesn't train as hard as MAyweather. Feels like he just enjoying the moment and probably doesn't take care of himself like Mayweather.

Anyways the KO rumors always seem to be true.


There was rumors that Jorge Linares got ko'ed in training and then he gets knocked out in his fight. Same with Amir Khan

that being said Jorge Linares is one of the most talented boxers I've ever seen in my life but seems like he gets cut/hurt way too easily.

http://youtu.be/0zaIZgV5WfA
I don't think anyone trains as hard as Mayweather (in this current era.) What other boxer walks around at the same weight, fight night or between fights? Boxers trains for a fight, Mayweather trains all year around, so he's just sharpening his skills up.

Plus Broner is young, give him a few years and he'll have his head straight. Homie is only 23.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #1504
Iceberg Slim
KID CLUTCH
 
Iceberg Slim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 356
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6vgB_K9hxk

Jorge Linares highlight video
Iceberg Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #1505
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,085
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim
I like Broner as a fighter but I feel like he probably doesn't train as hard as MAyweather. Feels like he just enjoying the moment and probably doesn't take care of himself like Mayweather.

Anyways the KO rumors always seem to be true.


There was rumors that Jorge Linares got ko'ed in training and then he gets knocked out in his fight. Same with Amir Khan

that being said Jorge Linares is one of the most talented boxers I've ever seen in my life but seems like he gets cut/hurt way too easily.

http://youtu.be/0zaIZgV5WfA

Linares is an incredibly talented offensive fighter. It looks for all the world like he should be a completely dominant fighter. Unfortunately, his chin fails him and, as you said, he tends to get cut up. He also get reckless with his offense at times, probably because he's so talented, and relies way too much on reflexes to bail him out.

Also, after you get stopped in a couple fights in a row, the tendency is to become a little gun shy. Those amazing physical tools will probably never be used with the kind of abandon he had before the DeMarco fight.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #1506
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,724
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread




After four straight weeks up championship boxing on Showtime and HBO, we finally get a week off from big title matches. But Showtime is coming back strong for the next big feature May 18.


Lamont Peterson vs Lucas Matthysse
Devon Alexander vs Lee Purdy for Alexander's IBF welterweight title
Shawn Porter vs Phil Lo Greco

Damn, that main event is a tough one to pick. Lucas has to KO him by round 8 to win. If it goes 12, Peterson will get the decision, IMO.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #1507
jaydacris
Rose
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 19,363
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Pacquaio vs Rios fight for November 24 in Macau pretty much a done deal
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #1508
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!
 
Beatlezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maimi
Posts: 2,090
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Pacquaio vs Rios fight for November 24 in Macau pretty much a done deal

He should be fighting Alvarado, but I guess it's ok since he's coming off a knockout loss to Antonio Banderas. It's going to be a great fight tho.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #1509
jaydacris
Rose
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 19,363
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Fight will be viewable online for $6 in usa
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #1510
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,724
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Pacquaio vs Rios fight for November 24 in Macau pretty much a done deal
Rios is an easier fight for Pac than Alvarado.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #1511
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan
 
SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City 2K9
Posts: 3,829
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Sucks for Alvarado missing a pay day but as a fan of action fights, this could be as fun as it gets. I know people will give Manny crap for fighting a guy coming off a loss, but what else does Manny have to prove? He's been on top, he's been at the bottom. Both coming off a loss. He picked the fight they thought would be best for the fans, can't complain about that. Not a risky fight, more like a confidence builder/tune up fight.

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 05-06-2013 at 11:05 PM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #1512
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,724
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Sucks for Alvarado missing a pay day but as a fan of action fights, this could be as fun as it gets. I know people will give Manny crap for fighting a guy coming off a loss, but what else does Manny have to prove? He's been on top, he's been at the bottom. Both coming off a loss. He picked the fight they thought would be best for the fans, can't complain about that. Not a risky fight, more like a confidence builder/tune up fight.
Bob Arum and Top Rank are desperate. 6 bucks ... haha. Mayweather and Golden Boy would never do that.

Top Rank is slim at the 140-154 weights. All the talent is over on Showtime now. We're gonna get Pac, JMM, Bradley, Rios, Alvarado and Provodnikov in some form or fashion against each other the next 3 years, lol.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #1513
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!
 
Beatlezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maimi
Posts: 2,090
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Sucks for Alvarado missing a pay day but as a fan of action fights, this could be as fun as it gets. I know people will give Manny crap for fighting a guy coming off a loss, but what else does Manny have to prove? He's been on top, he's been at the bottom. Both coming off a loss. He picked the fight they thought would be best for the fans, can't complain about that. Not a risky fight, more like a confidence builder/tune up fight.

This fight has FOTY written all over it.

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #1514
lefthook00
College star
 
lefthook00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,992
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Did anyone catch the quick interview with Victor Ortiz before the Mayweather fight started? He looked fat and sounded retarded. Something seemed off like he was on/off meds.

Floyd looked great back in 8oz gloves btw.

Perhaps Spence is just being the homie and denying the KO during sparring. Paulie says that his friend has the video and is trying to sell it to him.

Last edited by lefthook00 : 05-06-2013 at 11:30 PM.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #1515
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,724
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Did anyone catch the quick interview with Victor Ortiz before the Mayweather fight started? He looked fat and sounded retarded. Something seemed off like he was on/off meds.

Floyd looked great back in 8oz gloves btw.

Perhaps Spence is just being the homie and denying the KO during sparring. Paulie says that his friend has the video and is trying to sell it to him.
Ortiz jaw has never heeled for Lopez' punch.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy