Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #1561
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Anyone know a site that is reliable to streaming non-major bouts? Really want to see Darchinyan try to continue on against Gallo

Try boxingguru. My computer is slow its not that great but if you have a good connection its not bad.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #1562
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
I think Broner is in for a rude awakening against Malignaggi. Broner does not have great mobility which is one of Malignaggi's best assets. Malignaggi is also quick of hand. I think people are forgetting how much Gavin Rees of all people was landing on him, then you have to factor in the fact that Paulie is bigger and more experienced.

Broner has his hands full, and I think Malignaggi is going to box circles around him. There's no way he stops Malignaggi. When you think about it, who has Broner fought?
Broner was fooling around early in that fight. By the 4th round, he had a knockdown and finished him off in 5. And Rees has been a pro much longer than Paulie and is a former champ.

Why I do think Paulie is getting underrated in this match up, I think Broner stops him.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #1563
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Anyone know a site that is reliable to streaming non-major bouts? Really want to see Darchinyan try to continue on against Gallo
It comes on telemundo at 10 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #1564
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

4th Round KO...love it. Raging Bull is back/
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #1565
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
4th Round KO...love it. Raging Bull is back/

not for long..they'll prolly match him up with rigo soon
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #1566
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Yea that's looking like the plan. Love Vic buy he's tailor made for a boxer like Rigo.

And paulie has no power whatsoever to bother Broner. Yes, he's a good boxer but without power behind those punches, Broner will walk through them and eventually wear paulie down.

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 05-12-2013 at 11:15 AM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #1567
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Broner was fooling around early in that fight. By the 4th round, he had a knockdown and finished him off in 5. And Rees has been a pro much longer than Paulie and is a former champ.

Why I do think Paulie is getting underrated in this match up, I think Broner stops him.

There really isn't much of a comparison between Rees and Malignaggi. Rees is 5'4" with a 64" reach, and Paulie is 5'9" with a 70" reach. Also we don't know how hard Broner punches at 147 or how he will take a punch at that weight. Broner has been fighting guys he's had a size advantage over his whole career.

I mean Abner Mares just stopped Ponce De Leon, and De Leon in my opinion beat Broner. Its not a guarantee Broner can even hurt Paulie let alone stop him. We don't even know if Broner even punches like an average welterweight.

I can't wait for this fight though with all the trash talk between the two.

Last edited by Vragrant : 05-12-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #1568
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
There really isn't much of a comparison between Rees and Malignaggi. Rees is 5'4" with a 64" reach, and Paulie is 5'9" with a 70" reach. Also we don't know how hard Broner punches at 147 or how he will take a punch at that weight. Broner has been fighting guys he's had a size advantage over his whole career.

I mean Abner Mares just stopped Ponce De Leon, and De Leon in my opinion beat Broner. Its not a guarantee Broner can even hurt Paulie let alone stop him. We don't even know if Broner even punches like an average welterweight.

I can't wait for this fight though with all the trash talk between the two.
I wasn't comparing their fighting skills, just there resumes/career. Rees is also a former champ and has been a pro a little longer than Paulie. Off course, I rank Paulie higher.

And with Ponce, Broner was 20 and that was his first major fight. Ponce had already been a champ many different times and much more experienced.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #1569
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

According to Canelo's camp, Floyd wants Canelo to come down to 147. They proposed a catch-weight, Mayweather rejected.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #1570
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
According to Canelo's camp, Floyd wants Canelo to come down to 147. They proposed a catch-weight, Mayweather rejected.
Interesting...

Quote:
One of the key stumbling blocks to making a Mayweather-Alvarez fight, however, will be settling on the weight. Mayweather is the welterweight champion -- 147 pounds -- who has twice won junior middleweight belts but never has weighed more than 151 pounds for either of those 154-pound maximum fights. Alvarez is a big junior middleweight and has said he was not interested in negotiating a catchweight that would require him to fight at a weight lower than 154.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...canelo-alvarez

So, he's already relented on the weight thing two days later? Doubtful. Sounds like Canelo is the one being rigid with the weight issue.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #1571
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

looking through canelo's fights... last time he fought at 147 was in march 2010.

it was reported that canelo weighed around 172 vs trout
can you really blame him for wanting a closer weighted match

if they fight at 154 limit, there would be a bigger weight difference on fight night than even ortiz-mayweather and jcc jr-martinez
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #1572
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Interesting...

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...canelo-alvarez

So, he's already relented on the weight thing two days later? Doubtful. Sounds like Canelo is the one being rigid with the weight issue.

Now that's BS. Canelo has been saying for a couple of years now that he's willing to drop to 150 to fight Mayweather.

Quote:

Saul Alvarez: I'll Drop To 150 For Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"It's what I want, the Mayweather fight. That's what we put on the table. I feel more mature and for that I am willing to go down to 150 pounds," said Canelo to Sal Rodriguez. "De la Hoya said he was going to pursue the Mayweather fight [for me]. We are ready for it. It's what people want, for me to fight someone like [Mayweather]."

http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alva...ther-jr--46563

Actually, it doesn't really matter if he's not willing to come down to 150 yesterday or a year ago, the bottom line is that he's willing to negotiate TODAY.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #1573
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
Now that's BS. Canelo has been saying for a couple of years now that he's willing to drop to 150 to fight Mayweather.

Actually, it doesn't really matter if he's not willing to come down to 150 yesterday or a year ago, the bottom line is that he's willing to negotiate TODAY.
Here's the thing... The article I posted:

A. Was written two days ago, not in 2011 like the quote you cited. It was easy for Canelo to say that back then... GBP wasn't prepared to put him in against Mayweather in 2011, so he could basically say whatever he wanted without having to live up to it. Plus, he had just moved up from 147 about a year prior to making that statement. I would hope he could get down to 150 just a year after moving up. Now, we are talking about three years after fighting at 147 and a fight that actually may happen. Things change when it becomes a real negotiation, not just talking randomly to the press.

B. The article I posted was written by Dan Rafael two days ago. Why would he lie about Canelo not wanting to move down to 150? It isn't like he's pro-Mayweather. Quite the contrary, actually... He's been very critical of Floyd in the past.

Also, he's ESPN's chief boxing analyst and probably the most connected media guy in the sport, just by having that position. I'm not a huge fan of Rafael, but if he's reporting Canelo is adamant about not moving down, there's no reason to believe he's just making it up for sh!ts and giggles. This isn't some obscure blogger, here.

I don't think Canelo is ready to fight Mayweather, personally, so I would understand why he may opt for a couple more fights before stepping in against him. I started to get the feeling maybe the Canelo team wasn't wild about this fight this soon pretty much right off the bat when Mayweather won last week.

The first response out of Canelo's camp when the potential fight was mentioned was that "they didn't think Mayweather or Cotto would fight him next."

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/05/...eptember-14th/

Now, a couple days later -- just as it is reported talks are beginning -- and his trainer is saying the negotiations have already taken place and Floyd refused to move up. Wow... it didn't take long for him to go to the press, did it? And this after Rafael point-blank said Alvarez isn't budging from 154?

Meanwhile, Richard Schaefer is presenting a completely different mood on the other side...

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...eather-al.html

My personal opinion is that Mayweather wants the fight, Showtime DEFINITELY wants the fight and GBP may or may not want the fight this soon (probably not, if I had to guess). It doesn't sound like Team Alvarez wants the fight this soon... And I don't blame them one bit.

Trout was absolutely Canelo's toughest bout to date, by a longshot. Canelo was out-boxed for much of that fight, I felt, and despite their public face and the outlandish scoring, I'm sure Canelo's team realizes it too. Four months later, they're going to shove the 22-year-old in against Mayweather? When Alvarez is just beginning to breakthrough into the mainstream sports public in America?

I wouldn't do it this soon if I were them. And it sounds as though they'd like to look elsewhere for the time being.

Canelo's fellow countryman feels the same way, btw...

Quote:
Former Floyd Mayweather opponent: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez isn't ready for that fight

Juan Manuel Marquez knows what it's like to face Floyd Mayweather.

And he says Saul "Canelo" Alvarez isn't ready.

Marquez, who was dominated by Mayweather in their 2009 fight, says Alvarez's recent victory over Austin Trout doesn't prove that he's an elite fighter yet.

"A fight against Mayweather would be very difficult for Canelo Alvarez because of Mayweather’s style," Marquez told BoxingScene.com. "I think that Canelo needs a few more fights against fighters similar to Floyd Mayweather before he is ready.

"But there aren’t any fighters even close to Mayweather right now in boxing. It would be very tough for Canelo."

The 22-year-old Alvarez (42-0) is the most popular name being brought up for a potential Sept. 14 class against Mayweather, who just beat Robert Guerrero to improve to 44-0.

Mayweather has said he plans to return to the ring in September — which would be the second fight of his Showtime deal — but he still needs an opponent.

Mayweather-Alvarez is the biggest potential fight in boxing today, so there's some doubt as to whether it could be pulled off in time for the fall.

"If Canelo wins, it is a great triumph for Canelo and for all of Mexico," Marquez said. "If he loses, he still wins because of the experience he gains from the fight."

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...er_oppone.html

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 05-13-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #1574
DonD13
BasedTom's Mistress

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Floyd can fight him at 154 why not?

@RBA: what makes you think Floyd wants that fight? I've never heard him call Canelo out...

funny: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Jr.
wikipedia has the canlo fight announced for this September!

DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #1575
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
@RBA: what makes you think Floyd wants that fight? I've never heard him call Canelo out...
Mayweather generally doesn't talk much about upcoming opponents and never really has. With the exception of the nightmare Pacquiao negotiations, his fights usually are put together quickly and behind closed doors with no media haggling.

Schaefer says he is in talks and that all parties want it to happen. And, I don't see why he would be hesitant given the success Trout had against Canelo. Throw in reported disappointing PPV numbers for Floyd...

It makes a lot more sense from Floyd's POV than it does Canelo's, imo. Of course, none of us truly know what is happening at the negotiating table. It's just speculation. I do find it sort of funny that everyone assumes Mayweather is dodging Alvarez and it couldn't be possible that the 22-year-old guy everyone wants to beat him maybe isn't quite ready yet.

It's like guys on the cusp of true stardom in America would have nothing to lose and no reason to fear a fight with Mayweather, universally thought of as the best fighter in the sport... But Mayweather fears everyone.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 05-13-2013 at 06:02 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: