Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #1651
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Floyd just stop being a bitch and fight him @ 154. It's that simple, forget all of these rumors. You get your 10oz gloves to protect your hands at that weight, get a big ring if you want, and get it on! Jesus Christ. Canelo is a 154lbs fighter, period, and will go up to 160lbs fairly soon. I believe he came in @ 171lbs against Trout. Yes he is bigger than you, deal with it, impose your superior skill on him and get that UD.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #1652
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Floyd just stop being a bitch and fight him @ 154. It's that simple, forget all of these rumors. You get your 10oz gloves to protect your hands at that weight, get a big ring if you want, and get it on! Jesus Christ. Canelo is a 154lbs fighter, period, and will go up to 160lbs fairly soon. I believe he came in @ 171lbs against Trout. Yes he is bigger than you, deal with it, impose your superior skill on him and get that UD.

Not gonna happen.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #1653
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Not sure if serious, Floyd doesn't have the compromise anything. The ball is in his court. He's the 17 year pro, who won his first title in 1998.

This would be like a young Floyd asking Pernell Whitaker for demands in in 1998 for a title fight. PErnell would laugh and say next. You have to answer to the vet.

How is that not serious? Sorry but I don't think it's realistic that Canelo can come down to 147. At least not by Mayweather standards where he's said he doesn't drain fighters and wants them at their best weight.

This fight isn't happening at 147. So if that is Floyd's stance, which I doubt, mine as well move on to the next fight.

You're right, Floyd doesn't have to do anything. He can keep fighting whoever beats the Berto test for all we care.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #1654
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Not sure if serious, Floyd doesn't have the compromise anything. The ball is in his court. He's the 17 year pro, who won his first title in 1998.

of course Floyd is calling the shots.

but back when Manny was draining people and we all were shitting on him, I haven't heard you bring that shit up.

Floyd said he wants to give the fans the fights they want.

So, it's like this:

Floyd can fight Cotto at 154 but not Canelo.

That means Canelo is too big and too strong for Floyd.

And Floyd, just couple months ago said that he will not fight fighters at catchweights because he wants to fight them at their best.

I understand that Floyd can't say that somebody is too dangerous, but we fans should be able to call it like it is.

And I understand, that it's almost 20 pounds diffrence! It would be an unbelievable move!

But it's a delight to see the oppionions switch that fast.
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #1655
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Paulie said he had proof that Broner was a fan of his. Here is the proof:

Adrian "Bettlejuice" Broner

Hope he brings my man beetlejuice to the ring with him again
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #1656
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Paulie said he had proof that Broner was a fan of his. Here is the proof:

Adrian "Bettlejuice" Broner

Hope he brings my man beetlejuice to the ring with him again

well done Paulie
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #1657
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not judging Floyd on anything because nothing has happened. I'll say this, if Floyd fights in september(i have my doubts) I seriously doubt it will be Canelo. Floyd will fight Canelo on cinco de mayo weekend next year if that fight is going to happen. I won't shit on Floyd for not making that fight in September because I'll wait to see how it plays out before I judge anyone and also because Canelo has quickly become the most overrated boxer in the world. The thing that sucks for Floyd is it really doesn't matter who he fights among the reasonable opponents. No one that he could realistically be expected to fight has a prayer at keeping it close as long as father time doesn't catch up with him and he's still Floyd. So once he obliterates them, everyone will point out their hindsight flaws and it will be proof that he's ducking someone else.

If he fights and destroys Canelo, he fought him before he was ready. If he fights PAC, PAC was out of his prime(even though Floyd is 2 years older). If he fights bradley(which would actually fit young Floyd's pattern) and is honestly the fight id most like to see, Bradley robbed PAC(I disagree but that's what will be said) if he beats jmm, he'd already destroyed him once and jmm is too small(even though Floyd and jmm are closer in size than Floyd and Canelo. And so on and do forth. It won't be till after Floyd retires that we appreciate him fully.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #1658
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I'm not judging Floyd on anything because nothing has happened. I'll say this, if Floyd fights in september(i have my doubts) I seriously doubt it will be Canelo. Floyd will fight Canelo on cinco de mayo weekend next year if that fight is going to happen. I won't shit on Floyd for not making that fight in September because I'll wait to see how it plays out before I judge anyone and also because Canelo has quickly become the most overrated boxer in the world. The thing that sucks for Floyd is it really doesn't matter who he fights among the reasonable opponents. No one that he could realistically be expected to fight has a prayer at keeping it close as long as father time doesn't catch up with him and he's still Floyd. So once he obliterates them, everyone will point out their hindsight flaws and it will be proof that he's ducking someone else.

If he fights and destroys Canelo, he fought him before he was ready. If he fights PAC, PAC was out of his prime(even though Floyd is 2 years older). If he fights bradley(which would actually fit young Floyd's pattern) and is honestly the fight id most like to see, Bradley robbed PAC(I disagree but that's what will be said) if he beats jmm, he'd already destroyed him once and jmm is too small(even though Floyd and jmm are closer in size than Floyd and Canelo. And so on and do forth. It won't be till after Floyd retires that we appreciate him fully.

Mosley
Cotto
Margarito
Williams
Pacquiao

Too bad that when the welterweight division was stacked and the fighters were still in their primes, Floyd was on vacation while the fighters above were busy fighting each other. Those fights could've been career defining wins. Now Floyd has no choice but to settle fighting the Ortizes and Guerreros of the world. I'm sure it's very frustrating for him.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #1659
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebedev's swollen face from todays fight

ref/doctor/corner didnt stop the fight, till he got knocked out in the 11th round

damnnnnnn
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #1660
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
Mosley
Cotto
Margarito
Williams
Pacquiao

Too bad that when the welterweight division was stacked and the fighters were still in their primes, Floyd was on vacation while the fighters above were busy fighting each other. Those fights could've been career defining wins. Now Floyd has no choice but to settle fighting the Ortizes and Guerreros of the world. I'm sure it's very frustrating for him.

He beat Mosley immediately after the best win of Mosleys career. He beat cotto and I honestly don't think a fight with prime cotto would have gone any differently. Margarito can go **** himself. I would have loved to have seen the other two.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #1661
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
He beat Mosley immediately after the best win of Mosleys career. He beat cotto and I honestly don't think a fight with prime cotto would have gone any differently. Margarito can go **** himself. I would have loved to have seen the other two.

Best win of Mosley's career?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdICGgXcvc

I don't think we could call beating a 38 yr old Mosley almost a yr and a half after his victory against Margarito "immediately." Matter of fact, the fight probably would have not happened if Berto didn't pulled out of his scheduled fight against Mosley because of the Haiti earthquake.

Fighting a fighter in his prime wouldn't have made any difference? Ridiculous. That's like saying Hector Camacho fighting Duran and Leonard in their primes wouldn't make a difference. How much impact did those victories have on Camacho's career? Very little. Fighting your opponent in his best form has always been the difference maker not just fight-wise, but legacy-wise. Had Mayweather took care of business and fought the guys that he should have, the boxing history books could've been different and the boxing fans would be singing a different tune. Unfortunately, according to Floyd:

"Legacy don't pay the bills."
Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #1662
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

Lebedev's swollen face from todays fight

ref/doctor/corner didnt stop the fight, till he got knocked out in the 11th round

damnnnnnn

supposedly Jones wouldn't take a post fight drug test
Old 05-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #1663
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

after initially thinking Mattyesse would win I am now predicting a Peterson decision.

Mattyesse had a hard time getting into the country and was delayed. Which could cause him to start out slow.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #1664
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Paulie Malignaggi says after he beats broner, he wants to fight floyd

call me crazy but if paulie does in fact beat Broner, i could see it being a high possibility that he gets floyd...
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #1665
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

http://youtu.be/LGYrksCqwho

Paulie been merkin Broner in the press conferences but Broner will win the fight
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: