Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #1666
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated
 
WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,484
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Paulie Malignaggi says after he beats broner, he wants to fight floyd

call me crazy but if paulie does in fact beat Broner, i could see it being a high possibility that he gets floyd...

I don't think Mayweather can sell that fight. His numbers can a little low vs Guerrero so I think he's going to need someone that casual fans know.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #1667
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,654
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
I don't think Mayweather can sell that fight. His numbers can a little low vs Guerrero so I think he's going to need someone that casual fans know.
Paulie is more known than Guerrero by a huge margin. Seling a fight with Paulie >>>>> sellin with The Ghost.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #1668
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,051
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
I don't think Mayweather can sell that fight. His numbers can a little low vs Guerrero so I think he's going to need someone that casual fans know.
The Guerrero numbers didn't end up being as bad as initially reported. Showtime is saying they're "definitely" over 1 million buys. For a relative no-name like Guerrero (to general sports fans), that's not bad.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #1669
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,051
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Paulie is more known than Guerrero by a huge margin. Seling a fight with Paulie >>>>> sellin with The Ghost.
Not to mention Paulie is great at marketing his fights. Those 24/7s (or the Showtime version) would be epic.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #1670
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,654
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Not to mention Paulie is great at marketing his fights. Those 24/7s (or the Showtime version) would be epic.
Yeah, the Paulie/Broner clash might do as good as Canelo/Trout.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #1671
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!
 
Beatlezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maimi
Posts: 2,090
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Paulie Malignaggi says after he beats broner, he wants to fight floyd

call me crazy but if paulie does in fact beat Broner, i could see it being a high possibility that he gets floyd...



Here's hoping that Broner beats Paulie and Devon beats that purdy dude he's fighting.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #1672
PistonsFan#21
College star
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,052
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Paulie Malignaggi says after he beats broner, he wants to fight floyd

call me crazy but if paulie does in fact beat Broner, i could see it being a high possibility that he gets floyd...

Paulie also said a week or 2 ago that Floyd Mayweather is the greatest boxer of all time and that he would pick him to win in a fantasy match agaisnt anyone including Sugar Ray Leonard and Sugar Ray Robinson.

Theres no point in making a fight like that happen when Paulie pretty much admitted himself he has no chance of winning.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #1673
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan
 
SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City 2K9
Posts: 3,828
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Lmao please god don't let Floyd vs Paulie happen. Does nothing for Floyd except give him more money and some extra sparring time.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #1674
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15
 
Bobcats2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,409
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

The winner of tonights Peterson/Matthysse fight should fight Floyd in September.
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #1675
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 36,654
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
The winner of tonights Peterson/Matthysse fight should fight Floyd in September.
Showtime is about to put on another stellar night of Boxing, this is four weeks in a row. Starting with Canelo/Trout, than Garcia/Judah, Mayweather/Guerrero PPV and not Peterson/Matthysse tonight.

People actually think they are losing with Mayweather doin under 1 million buys. They are actually winning big time in the long run with Mayweather (and Golden Boy) on the Showtime team. Showtime's viewership has gone through the roof this year.

Their biggest fight last year I'm guessing was Cotto/Trout.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #1676
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!
 
Beatlezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maimi
Posts: 2,090
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
Paulie also said a week or 2 ago that Floyd Mayweather is the greatest boxer of all time and that he would pick him to win in a fantasy match agaisnt anyone including Sugar Ray Leonard and Sugar Ray Robinson.

Theres no point in making a fight like that happen when Paulie pretty much admitted himself he has no chance of winning.

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #1677
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15
 
Bobcats2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,409
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Showtime is about to put on another stellar night of Boxing, this is four weeks in a row. Starting with Canelo/Trout, than Garcia/Judah, Mayweather/Guerrero PPV and not Peterson/Matthysse tonight.

People actually think they are losing with Mayweather doin under 1 million buys. They are actually winning big time in the long run with Mayweather (and Golden Boy) on the Showtime team. Showtime's viewership has gone through the roof this year.

Their biggest fight last year I'm guessing was Cotto/Trout.

Yeah I love that now we have two major boxing budgets like we did in the 90s, that means more great fights.

Showtime will eventually break even with all the very good ratings their fights are getting and the more boxing subscriptions they're getting. I love it man.
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #1678
Reef
College star
 
Reef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,960
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Pederson already down once.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #1679
jaydacris
Rose
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 19,348
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

wow down again in round 3
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #1680
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan
 
SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City 2K9
Posts: 3,828
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
Yeah I love that now we have two major boxing budgets like we did in the 90s, that means more great fights.

Showtime will eventually break even with all the very good ratings their fights are getting and the more boxing subscriptions they're getting. I love it man.



I disagree, the whole HBO vs Showtime, GBP vs TR, robs fans of even more possible great fights. Its stupid, i see fans picking sides. for what? The only people that benefit are the promotions with their in house fights. And Showtime always had a boxing budget, HBO just spent more. With HBO shunning GB, Showtime better shell out more budget.

Also, HBO still has a bigger reach with about 5 million more subscriptions than Showtime. As long as its a good fight, I could care less what channel it's on.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy