Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #1711
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
Adrien Broner

Overrated? Yes or no

I wouldnt say overrated. Just not tested yet and no evidence of what he can do agaisnt a real opponent.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #1712
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
Adrien Broner

Overrated? Yes or no

I think he is a p4p top 10 fighter but he hasn't beat anyone to really warrant that ranking.

Doesn't me I don't have him in my list tho.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #1713
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
I wouldnt say overrated. Just not tested yet and no evidence of what he can do agaisnt a real opponent.

This. And fighting guys like Paulie doesn't help.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #1714
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Cotto has more left than Shane, imo. He really did not look bad against Floyd and I could even see him possibly upsetting one of the young rising stars, especially if they're coming up in weight.

It feels like Shane is in it for the paycheck at this point.. And that's pretty sad given how great he was.
Not sure about a paycheck. Pretty sure he didn't get a lot in Cancun last night.

He's also ten years younger than Cotto, so Cotto should have more left in the tank.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #1715
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Not sure about a paycheck. Pretty sure he didn't get a lot in Cancun last night.

He's also ten years younger than Cotto, so Cotto should have more left in the tank.
Age doesn't always tell the story when it comes to fighters. Take enough beatings and it won't matter if you're 27 or 37.

Fernando Vargas was washed up at 29 after getting thrown to the wolves early in his career.

Good thing about Cotto was that he was brought along slowly early in his career. He was heavily criticized at the time for being an HBO creation (and there was some validity in that), but he is reaping the benefits now.

Age aside, Shane has just taken a few too many beatings.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #1716
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they could do victor ortiz vs miguel cotto i suppose

is keith thurman booked for a fight?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #1717
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Age doesn't always tell the story when it comes to fighters. Take enough beatings and it won't matter if you're 27 or 37.

Fernando Vargas was washed up at 29 after getting thrown to the wolves early in his career.

Good thing about Cotto was that he was brought along slowly early in his career. He was heavily criticized at the time for being an HBO creation (and there was some validity in that), but he is reaping the benefits now.

Age aside, Shane has just taken a few too many beatings.
To be fair, miggy has taken two of the biggest beatings in recent memory.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #1718
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sigh..valero could have joined this current junior welter mix had he not gone psycho
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #1719
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
sigh..valero could have joined this current junior welter mix had he not gone psycho

Agreed. He'd be in line for a Pacquiao fight instead of Rios. Said his dream was to fight Manny
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #1720
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

I started an interest with boxing about 4 years or so ago when Floyd Mayweather came back out of retirement.

Before than, other than the regular Tyson and Ali matches on ESPN Classic, I was never into it. Two years ago I started to get deep into it and it has climbe to my 2nd favorite sport behind basketball.

Rank these guy, the best All-Time out of these guys who've been some of the most popular the last 5 years or so.

-Floyd Mayweather
-Manny Pacquiao
-Shane Mosley
-Miguel Cotto
-Antonio Margarito
-Juan Manuel Marquez
-Zab Judah
-Erik Morales
-Bernard Hopkins
-Klitschko brothers
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #1721
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

That's a tough list to rank at the top..Floyd's once in a generation skillset vs vlad's dominance vs Hopkins insane longevity vs manny's spectacular run. Those are my top 4 probably in that order...but maybe I'm underrating Hopkins.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #1722
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

And Marquez next.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #1723
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I started an interest with boxing about 4 years or so ago when Floyd Mayweather came back out of retirement.

Before than, other than the regular Tyson and Ali matches on ESPN Classic, I was never into it. Two years ago I started to get deep into it and it has climbe to my 2nd favorite sport behind basketball.

Rank these guy, the best All-Time out of these guys who've been some of the most popular the last 5 years or so.

-Floyd Mayweather
-Manny Pacquiao
-Shane Mosley
-Miguel Cotto
-Antonio Margarito
-Juan Manuel Marquez
-Zab Judah
-Erik Morales
-Bernard Hopkins
-Klitschko brothers

Based on career. I gotta include Barrera on the list.

1. Pacquiao
2. Mayweather
3. Hopkins
4. Marquez
5. Morales
6. Barrera
7. Wladimir
8. Mosley
9. Vitaly
10. Cotto
11. Judah
12. Margarito

Last edited by Beatlezz : 05-21-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #1724
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

-Floyd Mayweather
-Manny Pacquiao
-Shane Mosley
-Miguel Cotto
-Antonio Margarito
-Juan Manuel Marquez
-Zab Judah
-Erik Morales
-Bernard Hopkins
-Klitschko brothers

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao
3. Hopkins
4. Mosley
5. Marquez
6. Morales
7. Cotto
8. Zab
9. Klits
10. Margarito

Margarito is a flat-out cheater. He deserves no respect. His career was a sham, as far as I'm concerned.

Klits have spent their careers in an utter wasteland and I've never been overly impressed by either one.

Zab had elite talent, but never quite realized what he could have been.

Cotto is a warrior, but not quite in the "great fighter" category, imo. Very good, not great.

The rest are great fighters in a historical sense.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 05-21-2013 at 12:17 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #1725
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It depends, what are you asking to rank them on, greatness as a boxer or greatness of a career? I know that sounds like an odd choice but I think it's an important distinction to make. IMO Hopkins is clearly below Floyd and manny on the greatness as a fighter list simply because he never had the physical skills either of them possesses. Not even when he was absolutely dominating at middleweight. He never had blazing speed or true knockout power. But in terms of greatness of a career? He doesn't take a backseat to anyone on this list. His peak(the aforementioned dominating run at middleweight) goes up against anyone's and his longevity is not even close to being matched(though the more I think about it, Floyd might take a shot at it if he ends up losing a close decision at some point and no longer has to worry about protecting his 0.

With that in mind here is my list based on greatness at a fighter
1.floyd
2. Manny
3. Mosley
4. Hopkins
5. Jmm
6. Morales
7. Vitaly(iv never understood why the klitschko with the bad chin gets ranked higher, I know the brothers chose to allow him to keep the main belts but lets be honest if they fought big brother would beat lil brother. He's never lost other than due to injury)
8. Morales
9. Cotto(I think you are underselling him a hair rba. He was great IMO. Not high enough to be on an all time list but still a great fighter)

I'll also add if you missed Rjj you seriously need to go watch his fights from his prime. He would be first on this list from the pure greatness category if included. His best takes a backseat to absolutely no one ever.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: