Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #1741
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
How? Dlh was at his absolute peak... PAC wasn't even close

Mosley's fights vs Oscar were both close. (but yeah a win is a win I guess) In the second fight vs Oscar he admitted that he was on steroids. (*) I'm just saying that I am more impressed by JMM's KO win. At the age of 39, Marquez ended Pacquiao's reign.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #1742
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Quote:
The thing is, all of the 3 Mexican legends and pacs greatness are intertwined because they are all each others best wins/fights

They're like the 00's version of Duran, Leonard, Hearns and Hagler.

If only JMM fought Morales.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #1743
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
Mosley's fights vs Oscar were both close. (but yeah a win is a win I guess) In the second fight vs Oscar he admitted that he was on steroids. (*) I'm just saying that I am more impressed by JMM's KO win. At the age of 39, Marquez ended Pacquiao's reign.
Mosley was the first fighter to clearly beat DLH. That matters quite a bit.

JMM's fights against Pacquiao (all of them help his legacy) may have an edge over Mosley's wins over DLH, because DLH was never as great as Pacquiao was... But outside of those fights, Mosley's legacy is superior to JMM's.

Like I said... He absolutely dominated the lightweight division before fighting DLH. He was 34-0 and was forced to move up, not because he had to, but because he had no competition at 140 or below.

Mosley had a hell of a legacy before he stepped in against Oscar. He followed that dominance up by becoming the first man to clearly beat DLH. He was 38-0 before the Vernon Forest fights and against elite competition. Then he later beat the likes of Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga when Mayorga was the champ at 154, demolished Margarito when he was champ at 154...

I was a big fan of Barrera and Morales, but neither of those guys have the resume to stack up against Mosley. If you want to argue JMM, I guess that's reasonable (still wrong, but at least an argument can be made)... But not the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz

Cheating is cheating man.. You're telling me a boxer who has a hammer in his gloves is more of a cheat than a boxer strong as Hulk? Both are equally unacceptable and there should be no double standards.

Ah, yes. There is a huge difference.

Beating someone with a blunt object in what is supposed to be a boxing match in comparison to a guy taking EPO, which helps endurance? Not close to the same thing.

Furthermore, even if you take away Mosley's second win against DLH, it wouldn't change his position much. His legacy goes far beyond one fight, whereas Margarito's career is directly tied to a couple of big fights and his biggest win (Cotto) appears to be the result of said blunt object.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 05-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #1744
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

JMM's fights against Pacquiao (all of them help his legacy) may have an edge over Mosley's wins over DLH, because DLH was never as great as Pacquiao was... But outside of those fights, Mosley's legacy is superior to JMM's.

Like I said... He absolutely dominated the lightweight division before fighting DLH. He was 34-0 and was forced to move up, not because he had to, but because he had no competition at 140 or below.

Mosley had a hell of a legacy before he stepped in against Oscar. He followed that dominance up by becoming the first man to clearly beat DLH. He was 38-0 before the Vernon Forest fights and against elite competition. Then he later beat the likes of Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga when Mayorga was the champ at 154, demolished Margarito when he was champ at 154...

I was a big fan of Barrera and Morales, but neither of those guys have the resume to stack up against Mosley. If you want to argue JMM, I guess that's reasonable (still wrong, but at least an argument can be made)... But not the others.

Aside from Leija, who are the other notable opponents did Mosley beat at lightweight??? Those guy's weren't elite competition. Morales and Barrera fought way better competition at the lower weights than Mosley did and their wins against each other alone is better than any of Mosley's win at lightweight.

Quote:

Beating someone with a blunt object in what is supposed to be a boxing match in comparison to a guy taking EPO, which helps endurance? Not close to the same thing.

Furthermore, even if you take away Mosley's second win against DLH, it wouldn't change his position much. His legacy goes far beyond one fight, whereas Margarito's career is directly tied to a couple of big fights and his biggest win (Cotto) appears to be the result of said blunt object.

I agree that without a doubt Mosley has a better legacy than Margarito, but since everyone is assuming that Margarito fought with plaster in his gloves even before the Mosley fight can we also assume that Mosley was on roids even before his 1st De La Hoya fight? BTW, Mosley didn't just took EPO he took a couple more stronger shit than that. Look it up. Like I've said, any form of cheating is cheating to me and there should be no double standard.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #1745
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Golden Boy just set aside the Barclays Se 28 for a Miguel Cotto event.

So looks like Cotta/Canelo is off ... hey are saying Cotto will possibly fight the winner of Smith/Molina for the IBF strap. Canelo is looking at the winner of Lara/Angula. So, looks like Mayweather/Alexander it is ... Maybe a double card Mayweather and Canelo.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #1746
DonD13
glew up ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

I agree. Bringing a weapon into the ring is worse than illegally enhancing your performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Golden Boy just set aside the Barclays Se 28 for a Miguel Cotto event.

So looks like Cotta/Canelo is off ... hey are saying Cotto will possibly fight the winner of Smith/Molina for the IBF strap. Canelo is looking at the winner of Lara/Angula. So, looks like Mayweather/Alexander it is ... Maybe a double card Mayweather and Canelo.

I told ya'll way back. Damn, ya'll can call me Donstradamus.
Noice to see Canelo finally taking on the real opposition!

-----

fights I look forward too:

mikkel kessler vs carl froch

lucas matthysse vs danny garcia

who ya'll pick??

I have not decided yet but I'm leaning towards kessler to upset froch and garcia over matthysse
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #1747
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13

fights I look forward too:

mikkel kessler vs carl froch

lucas matthysse vs danny garcia

who ya'll pick??

I have not decided yet but I'm leaning towards kessler to upset froch and garcia over matthysse

Froch and Matthysse.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #1748
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

too many foty candidates this year

bradley - provodnikov
alvarado - rios 2

maidana - lopez
garcia - matthyse
pacquiao - rios

good year for boxing

Last edited by magic chiongson : 05-22-2013 at 04:59 AM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #1749
raiderfan19
Shazam!

I don't think anyone at 168 has anything for froch other than ward(who is much closer to being number 1 p4p than I think most realize)
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #1750
PK3434
Good Golly!

I very seriously doubt that mayweather fights alexander in September:

1. Nobody in the world wants to see that fight

2. It makes a lot more sense to fight a Mexican on that date

3. The guerrero promotion sucked...and the numbers weren't what they hoped for...so its time to make a splash

My prediction is mayweather-canelo or mayweather pulls out of that date all together.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #1751
DonD13
glew up ☆

Quote:
I don't think anyone at 168 has anything for froch other than ward(who is much closer to being number 1 p4p than I think most realize)

I think right now, nobody there can touch Ward.
But my left knee tells me, Kessler got this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434

3. The guerrero promotion sucked...and the numbers weren't what they hoped for...so its time to make a splash

My prediction is mayweather-canelo or mayweather pulls out of that date all together.

September is a mexican month too?? I thought Cinco de Mayo is like their main thing?

I think Alexander is an OK fight. Way better than this garbage fighter Guerrero. But the question would be why not Bradley... you now, the one who made Alexander quite like a bitch

I'd go if Floyd takes Canelo at 154!! But I don't think that it'll happen...

Last edited by DonD13 : 05-22-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #1752
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434

Nobody wanted to see Mayweather-Guerrero either yet it happened.

I think Floyd will fight Devon or Amir.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #1753
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
I think Alexander is an OK fight. Way better than this garbage fighter Guerrero. But the question would be why not Bradley... you now, the one who made Alexander quite like a bitch

top rank and golden boy

if we are going to strictly go golden boy/showtime.. i'd prefer in order: canelo, matthysse/garcia, heck even amir khan. i don't like the way alexander fights top class opponents. i want alexander to dominate a legit contender again before fighting mayweather.

i hope they match up keith thurman against one of the big names this year, i think he's ready. or rather, i wanna see what he's really made of
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #1754
DonD13
glew up ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
top rank and golden boy

if we are going to strictly go golden boy/showtime.. i'd prefer in order: canelo, matthysse/garcia, heck even amir khan. i don't like the way alexander fights top class opponents.

i hope they match up keith thurman against one of the big names this year, i think he's ready. or rather, i wanna see what he's really made of

amen.

that's what I've been saying. Me, I even prefer seeing Maidana getting this payday than Alexander
Old 05-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #1755
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
amen.

that's what I've been saying. Me, I even prefer seeing Maidana getting this payday than Alexander

oh i almost forgot about maidana... but he'd make floyd the least amount of money. those 3 have at least some sort of name recognition
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: