Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #1756
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Golden Boy just set aside the Barclays Se 28 for a Miguel Cotto event.

So looks like Cotta/Canelo is off ... hey are saying Cotto will possibly fight the winner of Smith/Molina for the IBF strap. Canelo is looking at the winner of Lara/Angula. So, looks like Mayweather/Alexander it is ... Maybe a double card Mayweather and Canelo.

Canelo no longer wants to fight on Mayweather under cards. Can't blame him, he can headline his own show.

But why not Berto vs Mayweather? I mean if Robert and Victor got a Mayweather shot from beating Berto, why not give him a shot if he beats Soto Karass?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #1757
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
Nobody wanted to see Mayweather-Guerrero either yet it happened.

I think Floyd will fight Devon or Amir.

But I'm sure showtime wants Mayweather to make a splash now...lets be honest, the Mayweather-Guerrero promotion was horrible...the fight didn't even sell out the MGM and the ppv numbers were disappointing, no matter what showtime claims publicly.

If the fight is in september it won't be amir because of the ramadan thing.

A fight with Devon Alexander on Mexican Independence weekend will be a boring event that people will not want to pay for.

If Floyd fights Alexander in a year or 2 after Alexander has some better wins that involve some kind of excitement, then maybe it will be better..but not now.

If the next Floyd fight is really in September (which I have my doubts about), Canelo is the option.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #1758
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Completely forgot about the whole Mexican Independence Day thing. It would be pretty silly not to capitalize on that weekend and have 2 Americans fighting on that day instead.

So going off that, it's either Canelo or he is not fighting that day. Or I can see Garcia skipping Lucas and going straight to Floyd.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #1759
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just placed a bet on Kessler to call my third upset in 2013

if ya'll want to make some betting money, join me

Last edited by DonD13 : 05-23-2013 at 09:47 AM.
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #1760
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just bet my house and future children's college funds on Kessler

dont let me down don
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #1761
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Hmm why do yall feel Kessler will win this time around? Making me want to place some dough on the underdog....
Old 05-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #1762
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13

can't go against you anymore
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #1763
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Say goodbye to that money!
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #1764
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Wink Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Hmm why do yall feel Kessler will win this time around? Making me want to place some dough on the underdog....

betting on underdogs is the name of the game!

Although I do see that Froch has improved, I still think it could be the same outcome. Kessler might capitalize on Froch wilde (and relatively slow) punches even better. I can see him jabbing and frustrating Froch. And when the warrior in Froch comes out, landing big right hands. Also, I liked Kesslers right to the body. Froch leaves himself open a lot to lure in the opponent but Kessler showed very good patience. Only thing that worries me, are Kesslers recent injuries...

And last but not least, I take the real Viking Warrior over this one:

Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #1765
DonD13
GYMNAST

Froch all out of character going "If I have to I will kill this f*****, I will kill him"

only to tweet later:

"Iím sorry if my comments yesterday offended anyone. This fight means so much to me and my emotions are running high."

the Cobra will get a vivisection
Old 05-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #1766
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

Quote:

You have Kessler via UD again?
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #1767
DonD13
GYMNAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade305
You have Kessler via UD again?

yes I think so but my money is just for the win. hard to see a guy like Froch going down infront his home crowd. but I don't think it's impossible.

weird, the closer the fight comes, the better odds you get for picking Kessler...
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #1768
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I was actually leaning Kessler and thinking Froch is a little overrated after his destruction of Bute...but something about Kessler doesn't seem right.

Kessler has had 3 fights against 3 worn out fighters since the Froch fight scoring quick KOs. I think his inactivity and ring wars will make him more vulnerable to Froch's power. If this fight happened right after the first one I would pick Kessler hands down but I just can't see him winning at this point in time.

BOL in this bet. I may just play under 11.5 rounds for fun.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #1769
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

on another note I'm damn surprised Froch has gotten this far in his career. He's slow as hell and fights with his left hand down like hes Tommy Hearns but I guess toughness, power can take you pretty damn far.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #1770
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Damn, the fight comes on at 5.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: