Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #1771
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
I was actually leaning Kessler and thinking Froch is a little overrated after his destruction of Bute...but something about Kessler doesn't seem right.

Kessler has had 3 fights against 3 worn out fighters since the Froch fight scoring quick KOs. I think his inactivity and ring wars will make him more vulnerable to Froch's power. If this fight happened right after the first one I would pick Kessler hands down but I just can't see him winning at this point in time.

BOL in this bet. I may just play under 11.5 rounds for fun.

you're absolutley right. Kessler had potentially carreer ending injuries!
this is a long shot. a lot of unknowns...
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #1772
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Top undefeated fighters.

11. Peter Quillin
10. Mikey Garcia
9. Yuriorkis Gamboa
8. Canelo Alverez
7. Adrien Broner
6. Abner Mares
5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
4. Danny Garcia
3. Timothy Bradley
2. Andre Ward
1. Floyd Mayweather
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #1773
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Top undefeated fighters.

11. Peter Quillin
10. Mikey Garcia
9. Yuriorkis Gamboa
8. Canelo Alverez
7. Adrien Broner
6. Abner Mares
5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
4. Danny Garcia
3. Timothy Bradley
2. Andre Ward
1. Floyd Mayweather

Gennady Golovkin should definitely be on that list. Probably in the top 5. I would love to see him against kid chocolate if it wasn't for the hbo/showtime bullshit. I kind of feel bad for quillen actually because he has no good fights available at 160 with showtime.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #1774
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

That was a great fight. I thought it was closer than the the HBO crew seemed to think (and the consistently awful Adelaide Byrd), but that was all you could ask for in a prizefight.

I hope Kessler doesn't retire. One of my favorites.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #1775
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Andre seems to be open to fighting froch again. I hope its in the UK just because of the amazing atmosphere and froch will need any advantage he can get.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #1776
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Froch's already planting seeds for a Ward fight

Ward was pissed, couldn't even answer Jim's question
SCREWstonRockets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #1777
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Kessler had more in the tank then I thought. I thought it was going to be a wipeout after 3 rounds.

Froch fights so amateur...like if you were to search up a random youtube fight video but he gets the job done with his chin, power, will.

The way he throws his right hand and left hook...he is susceptible to a highlight real counter KO

very good fight
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #1778
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

I had Froch winning by a few rounds. The one judge who had it 118-110 is crazy.

Froch wants one more for a rubber match. He wants that match ASAP. Ward will have 2 fights later this year in September and December setting up for something big in 2014, (his words.) I guess a Froch/Ward rematch or Ward goes to 175 and cleans house there (or goes down to 160 for a Sergio showdown.)
Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #1779
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think there is anyway that ward could make 160. I'm really curious how long He can stay at 168
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #1780
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Great next few months of boxing. Damn near every week until the end of the year, we get a top tier match.

A few of the weeks HBO and Showtime go head-to-head.

June 8 [HBO vs. Showtime head-to-head]
HBO

Chad Dawson vs. Adonis Stevenson for Dawson's WBC light heavyweight title
Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Darley Perez
Showtime
Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez
Erislandy Lara vs. Alfredo Angulo
Jermell Charlo vs. Demetrius Hopkins

June 15
HBO

Mikey Garcia vs. Juan Manuel Lopez for Garcia's WBO featherweight title
Terrence Crawford vs. Alejandro Sanabria

June 22
Showtime

Paulie Malignaggi vs. Adrien Broner for Malignaggi's WBA welterweight title
Johnathon Banks vs. Seth Mitchell rematch

June 29
HBO

Gennady Golovkin vs. Matthew Macklin for Golovkin's WBA middleweight title

July 13
Showtime

Bernard Hopkins vs. Karo Murat for Hopkins' IBF Light-heavyweight Title
Gary Russell, Jr. vs. TBA
Sky Sports
Kell Brook vs. Carson Jones

July 19
Showtime

Ishe Smith vs. Carlos Molina for Smith's IBF junior middleweight title

July 20
Showtime

Andre Berto vs. Jesus Sota Karass
Keith Thurman vs. Diego Gabriel Chaves
Omar Figueroa vs. Nihito Arakawa

August 3
HBO

Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. vs. Brian Vera
Jessie Vargas vs. TBA

August 17
HBO

Daniel Geale vs Darren Barker for Geale's IBF Middleweight title

September 7
Showtime

Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse for Garcia's WBC, WBA Super Light Welterweight and Ring Magazine titles.
Lamont Peterson vs. Zab Judah for Peterson's IBF Light Welterweight Championship

September 14
HBO PPV
(October 12 if Mayweather/Showtime keep the date. Will go head-to-head with Canelo if he fights and Floyd does not.)
Timothy Bradley vs. Juan Manuel Marquez for Bradley's WBO welterweight title
Showtime PPV
Floyd Mayweather vs. TBA or Canelo Alvarez vs. TBA

September 28
Showtime

Miguel Cotto vs. Victor Ortiz

September
HBO

Andre Ward vs. TBA

October 5
Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alexander Povetkin for Klitschko's IBF, WBO and WBA Super Heavyweight titles.

November 23
HBO PPV

Manny Pacquiao vs. Brandon Rios

December 7
Showtime

Amir Khan vs. Devon Alexander for Alexander's IBF Welterweight title
December 7 or January 25
HBO

Jean Pascal vs. Lucian Bute

December
HBO

Andre Ward vs. TBA
Boxing won't have another marque match-up until 2 weeks down the line when HBO and Showtime go head-to-head in Dawson/Stevenson and Maidana/Lopez. But, I think the undercards on both events will steal the show. Lara/Angulo and Gamboa/Perez.

Last edited by L.Kizzle : 05-26-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 AM   #1781
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

UPSET SPECIAL..Adonis Stevenson gonna knock out Dawson
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #1782
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

guess it's no college for your kids now jada

Froch did his homework. Him having his jab all night in Kessler's face really made the diffrence imo
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #1783
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
UPSET SPECIAL..Adonis Stevenson gonna knock out Dawson
Old 05-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #1784
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Looks like it's gonna be Miguel Cotto vs Victor Ortiz Sep 28th.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #1785
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Maidana/Lopez is going to be fun.

I think it's going to be Mayweather/Khan. That should be fun as well for the first few rounds.

Froch should stay away from Hopkins and go after a Ward rematch in the UK.

What's up with Andre Dirrell?
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: