Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #1861
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
I think ur gonna see a totally different Canelo out there, just heard a interview on youtube that he prepares different every time depending on the opponent. I'm sure he's not stupid enough to think that he doesn't need great stamina to have a shot at May.

I've heard he's bringing in Marquez strength and conditioning coach who has been linked to PEDS.

I'm not saying he doesn't train hard. Sometimes guys just don't have the stamina to go 12 rounds hard. I think Canelo body frame may prevent him from doing that and that is why he chooses to fight in spurts. Only he would know but I've seen him fight the same fight every time.

Everyone goes into the fight thinking Mayweather isn't that good and is beatable. Then when the fights over they always say "he's a lot harder/stronger than I thought" No one is going to bully Mayweather around the ring.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #1862
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Amir Khan vs. Devon Alexander has been confirmed for December 7, in Dubai. It will be for Alexander's IBF Welterweight Title. This will be the first major boxing event to take place in Dubai. They are challenging Top Rank and their overseas adventures.

The winner will get Floyd Mayweather, possibly in May of 2014.

smart fight by Khan. Alexander is probably the biggest name out there that doesn't really punch too hard. I don't think Khan is going to have a long career. once he gets a pay day vs Mayweather he'll probably make a fight with Kell Brooks in the UK and retire.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #1863
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Weekend Predictions.

Lara beats Angulo convincingly

Maidana wins a brutal war

Adonis Stevenson with the upset over Dawson
Old 06-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #1864
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
Weekend Predictions.

Lara beats Angulo convincingly

Maidana wins a brutal war

Adonis Stevenson with the upset over Dawson
Tomorrow night is a head-to-head match-up between HBO and Showtime. Showtime will be on the air for 5 1/2 hours of boxing compared to only 3 hours for HBO.

Showtime kicks it off at 7 PM on Showtime Extreme!

Showtime Boxing on Showtime Extreme
Yoshihiro Kamegai vs. Johan Perez for the vacant WBA International Welterweight Championship
Ronny Rios vs. Leonilo Miranda for Rios' NABF Featherweight Championship
Gerald Washington vs. Sherman Williams
Jamie Kavanagh vs. Mario Hermosillo
Manuel Avila vs. Jamal Parram
Joseph Diaz Jr. vs. Rigoberto Casillas
Edgar Valero vs. David Reyes

Than flip over to Showtime (or HBO) at 9 PM
Showtime Championship Boxing
Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez for Maidana's WBA Intercontinental Welterweight Championship
Erislandy Lara vs. Alfredo Angulo for the vacant WBA Interim Super Welterweight World Championship
Jermell Charlo vs. Demetrius Hopkins for USBA Junior Middleweight and WBC Continental Americas Super Welterweight Championships

HBO Boxing After Dark
Chad Dawson vs. Adonis Stevenson for Dawson's WBC Light Heavyweight Championship
Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Darley Perez for the vacant Interim WBA Lightweight Championship

After 2 Days: Gennady Golovkin, switch to HBO Latino at 11:15.
HBO Latino Boxing
Jose Pedraza vs. Sergio Villanueva

I don't know about y'all, but Showtime has been putting it on HBO the past few months (IMO.) HBO only has 3 fights on tomorrow compared to about 10 for Showtime. And last time out, HBO only aired one fight, Kessler vs. Froch II.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #1865
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

LOL what is with you and this whole Showtime/HBO thing and picking sides or whatever? The only ones that are winning are GBP/TR. The fans are losers here because we don't get any HBO fighters vs SHO fighters. Two childish promotions smh

And as long it's a good fight, I could care less if its on HBO or Showtime. Hell, It could be on Bravo for all I care.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #1866
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
LOL what is with you and this whole Showtime/HBO thing and picking sides or whatever? The only ones that are winning are GBP/TR. The fans are losers here because we don't get any HBO fighters vs SHO fighters. Two childish promotions smh

And as long it's a good fight, I could care less if its on HBO or Showtime. Hell, It could be on Bravo for all I care.
Lol, this is not a new development as I'm pretty sure you're aware of. GB/TP haven't fought together in years. The only thing new now is GB/Mayweather are now strictly Showtime and Top Rank in now (unofficially) HBO.

And the fans are winning for the most part (other than tonight when both have events on at the same time.) This forces them to put on huge shows cause they are now competing against a promotion and now a network. Last year, Golden Boy might fight on HBO (Broner) than come right back and fight on Showtime (Canelo) so they were not competing with networks. But now, the whole landscape has changed.

When it comes down to it, you have to pick a side. And tonight you really do as they are on at the same time. So far, Showtime has been putting on the better cards.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #1867
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets

part of the reason new fans choose UFC over Boxing is because of crap like this. Promoters just causing all kinds of crap and not seeing fights that we want to see.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #1868
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
part of the reason new fans choose UFC over Boxing is because of crap like this. Promoters just causing all kinds of crap and not seeing fights that we want to see.
You do know UFC is one promotion. It's just like say, Golden Boy. UFC just happens to have most of the best MMA fighters in the world. They just purchased up their competition in Pride, ect.

UFC and Pride were goin head to head, just like WWF and WCW. It's the same now with Golden Boy and Top Rank.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #1869
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
You do know UFC is one promotion. It's just like say, Golden Boy. UFC just happens to have most of the best MMA fighters in the world. They just purchased up their competition in Pride, ect.

UFC and Pride were goin head to head, just like WWF and WCW. It's the same now with Golden Boy and Top Rank.

I know that. What's your point? I'm just saying people gravitate towards MMA (which is primarily UFC) because they see all the fights they want to see. While boxing gets killed by promoters like Top Rank and GBP protecting their fighters and not working together.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #1870
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
I know that. What's your point? I'm just saying people gravitate towards MMA (which is primarily UFC) because they see all the fights they want to see. While boxing gets killed by promoters like Top Rank and GBP protecting their fighters and not working together.
It wasn't always like that. I'm sure if Golden Boy purchases Top Rank, everything will be good. But boxing is much bigger money than MMA. Mayweather and Pacquiao probably makes more money than all the UFC fighters combined.

When UFC was battling Strickforce and Pride, it wasn't like how it is now (I'm assuming, I don't keep up with MMA.)
Old 06-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #1871
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
It wasn't always like that. I'm sure if Golden Boy purchases Top Rank, everything will be good. But boxing is much bigger money than MMA. Mayweather and Pacquiao probably makes more money than all the UFC fighters combined.

When UFC was battling Strickforce and Pride, it wasn't like how it is now (I'm assuming, I don't keep up with MMA.)

for the most part the UFC has controlled most of the top fighters in the sport for the past 5+ years. The only good fighter that never competed in the UFC is Fedor.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #1872
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Maidana v Lopez will be a war while it last. Lopez is very live if he fights smart but he'll get sucked in and trade at some point. Maidana is fighting better as of late and should wear him down. HUGE weekend of action.

I'm concerned Dawson maybe done. Ward beat him down last time out and his inactivity is going to catch up with him sooner or later. Stevenson is a big puncher and with his home fans urging him on, I can see him flattening Dawson. I could be I'm wrong because I believe Dawson's skill suits him better at 175. Then again, Stevenson-Bellew would be a fairly entertaining fight.

Also, retired Joe Calzaghe has been calling out Andre Ward, claiming he would beat him. Maybe a promoter can make this happen. It's not like fighters haven't come out of retirement before and face top guys.

BTW, Prime Calzaghe >>>> Prime Ward
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #1873
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

I've supported Chad for a long time but he is extremely frustrating. I'm hopeful that he puts on a clinic tonight like he should but who knows.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #1874
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Prime Roy Jones unreal speed

PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #1875
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol Dawson got demolished

ADonis KO's him in round 1
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: