Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #1876
jaydacris
Rose

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Maidana v Lopez will be a war while it last. Lopez is very live if he fights smart but he'll get sucked in and trade at some point. Maidana is fighting better as of late and should wear him down. HUGE weekend of action.

I'm concerned Dawson maybe done. Ward beat him down last time out and his inactivity is going to catch up with him sooner or later. Stevenson is a big puncher and with his home fans urging him on, I can see him flattening Dawson. I could be I'm wrong because I believe Dawson's skill suits him better at 175. Then again, Stevenson-Bellew would be a fairly entertaining fight.

Also, retired Joe Calzaghe has been calling out Andre Ward, claiming he would beat him. Maybe a promoter can make this happen. It's not like fighters haven't come out of retirement before and face top guys.

BTW, Prime Calzaghe >>>> Prime Ward

good call
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #1877
PK3434
Good Golly!

That was kind of sad. Dawson's career just ended.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #1878
jaydacris
Rose

Lara got dropped as well in the 4th, although he's still okay

Lara has landed more significant shots throughout first three rounds
Old 06-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #1879
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

$$$$$ Adonis Stevenson

now hopkins will beat this kid
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #1880
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434
That was kind of sad. Dawson's career just ended.

his career is mimicking Jermain Taylors
Old 06-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #1881
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

lost 20 bucks
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #1882
PK3434
Good Golly!

Angulo is a nasty animal. He is eating shots to the face every time he comes in but he is so determined. I love it. And he just knocked him down again!
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #1883
jaydacris
Rose

damn fights over

angulo took too much damage, he has a broken orbital bone. damn :s
Old 06-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #1884
lefthook00
College star

I missed the Angulo/Lara fight, sounds like it was a good one.

So was the fight kinda like Cotto-Margarito I, except Lara/Cotto won at the end?
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #1885
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15

Seeing Chad get knocked out like that was sad. Does Gamboa even want to box anymore?

Angulo vs Lara was great and if it wasn't for that unfortunate eye breaking shot by Lara round 12 would of been crazy. Maidana vs Lopez was unbelievable sucks it was an early stoppage. Great night of fights man.
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #1886
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

I missed most of the fights do to a graduation I attended, so I'm currently watching the replays now as I type. I did catch all of the Showtime main event and the HBO main event (hell, it was only one minute long) ... Dawson ...

Didn't see the Gamboa match other than 30 secs, though I heard it was terrible, caught the end of Lara/Angulo.

Showtime Championship Boxing

Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez for Maidana's WBA Intercontinental Welterweight Championship
Good fight, I thought Josesito had something goin in rounds 3 and 4. He was puttin' it on Marcos ... but we all know what happened next. Look for Maidana to fight the winner of Thurman/Chaves for the #1 contender for the WBA Welterweight strap. Malignaggi and Broner fight for that strap in 2 weeks.

Erislandy Lara vs. Alfredo Angulo for the vacant WBA Interim Super Welterweight World Championship
I'm watching the first few rounds now. Everyone did what they came in to do, Lara just seemed to do it slightly more. Angulo's eye was big as fck at the end! Lara is now the WBA Interim Champ. So he's the #1 contender for the winner of the Mayweather/Canelo winner in September. PS. Lara needs to fix his Amir Khan like chin.

Jermell Charlo vs. Demetrius Hopkins for USBA Junior Middleweight and WBC Continental Americas Super Welterweight Championships
Good stepping stone for the young Charlo brother. He now has minor 2 belts under the IBF and WBC. Look for him to get some big fights towards those bodies in the next year or so.

HBO Boxing After Dark

Chad Dawson vs. Adonis Stevenson for Dawson's WBC Light Heavyweight Championship
Damn, that's all you can say. Wonder what Dawson's next move will be. Stevenson wants B-Hop, called out Ward but none of his Canadian brothers in Pascal and Bute ...

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Darley Perez for the vacant Interim WBA Lightweight Championship
Heard this was real bad for Gamboa, but probably worse for 50 Cent. He's the mandatory for Richard Abril now as he's now the WBA Interim Champ.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #1887
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
I missed the Angulo/Lara fight, sounds like it was a good one.

So was the fight kinda like Cotto-Margarito I, except Lara/Cotto won at the end?

I have a private youtube link for the Lara/Angulo fight if we are allowed to post it here.

Also Virgil Hunter is a great trainer but I hope Angulo career isn't ruined. That broken orbital bone is no joke.

Lara is going to have a hard time securing big fights against Canelo or Cotto. I don't think they will want to fight Lara.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #1888
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
Seeing Chad get knocked out like that was sad. Does Gamboa even want to box anymore?

Angulo vs Lara was great and if it wasn't for that unfortunate eye breaking shot by Lara round 12 would of been crazy. Maidana vs Lopez was unbelievable sucks it was an early stoppage. Great night of fights man.

He's always been mild mannered and trying to force himself to have more of an attitude to sell his fights. IMO his personality is somewhat like Jermain Taylors. Where it's hard to really push them to the next level. Deep down they are just way "too nice" to be in the sport of boxing. It's hard for them to turn it on.

You see Emmanuel Steward yelling at him but you just know that it's not getting through to him.
http://youtu.be/mn4pTT3WkHo

I think Dawson CAN still fight but I don't know if he has the passion for it.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #1889
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Old 06-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #1890
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
He's always been mild mannered and trying to force himself to have more of an attitude to sell his fights. IMO his personality is somewhat like Jermain Taylors. Where it's hard to really push them to the next level. Deep down they are just way "too nice" to be in the sport of boxing. It's hard for them to turn it on.

You see Emmanuel Steward yelling at him but you just know that it's not getting through to him.
http://youtu.be/mn4pTT3WkHo

I think Dawson CAN still fight but I don't know if he has the passion for it.
I think Taylor's problem was that he believed that he had learning everything there is to know and it got to head. I remember specific situations in fights when Steward would give him instructions between rounds and Taylor would do the total opposite of what he was told. Look up his fight vs Winky Wright.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: