Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #1921
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
I got Mikey by KO Rd 6.
pretty good call
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #1922
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Impressive performance by Garcia, even if JuanMan may be shot. He has a nice combination of skill/power, no doubt. Still just 25, too.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #1923
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
pretty good call

Close enough.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #1924
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope Garcia stays at 126 and takes on Mares, or someone explosive like Fortuna. I'm guessing if Donaire moves up to 126, they won't fight since they're both trained by Robert Garcia. 130 has no competition really.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:26 AM   #1925
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
I hope Garcia stays at 126 and takes on Mares, or someone explosive like Fortuna. I'm guessing if Donaire moves up to 126, they won't fight since they're both trained by Robert Garcia. 130 has no competition really.

Mares-Garcia probably won't happen too because of Golden Boy vs Top Rank cold war.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #1926
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15

Bobcats2013 has decent reputationBobcats2013 has decent reputation

Picture of Canelo in training camp.

He's on a horse. He's on a damn horse.
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #1927
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
Picture of Canelo in training camp.

He's on a horse. He's on a damn horse.

Yeah, that's not going to help his cardio at all. Why have the horse period?
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #1928
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Garcia should go up to 130, obvious him coming in at 128 means he's moving up. Impressive performance, Lopez is done, just like Dawson from last week. It's crazy both are just 30 ...

But, I'm ready for next weekend. The most anticipated fight of the year takes place as Paulie Malignaggi defends his title vs. Adrien Broner. I'm pumped!!
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #1929
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
But, I'm ready for next weekend. The most anticipated fight of the year takes place as Paulie Malignaggi defends his title vs. Adrien Broner. I'm pumped!!

Old 06-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #1930
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I say something wrong? It has actually had a build up. I know you will say Mayweather/Canelo, but it just got made what last week. No build up, trash talking, face-off, girlfriends, nothing. It's just a boxing match as of now.

There is gonna be some real fireworks when that bell rings.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #1931
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15

Bobcats2013 has decent reputationBobcats2013 has decent reputation

Quote:
I say something wrong? It has actually had a build up. I know you will say Mayweather/Canelo, but it just got made what last week. No build up, trash talking, face-off, girlfriends, nothing. It's just a boxing match as of now.

It's Malignaggi. So I'm assuming you mean firecrackers?
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #1932
Reef
College star

Quote:

I'm not looking forward to it since it's pretty much a cherry pick by Broner. Paulie has nothing for him. I was looking forward to the Matthyse/Peterson and Donaire/Rigo fights waay more.

Floyd/Canelo has much more build up in my opinion. People have been wanting this fight to be made for at least a year now. Having Floyd fight a young, undefeated fighter who has a huge power and size advantage is definitely more interesting than seeing Broner fight a guy who can't punch his way out of a paper bag.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #1933
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I'm a fan of Malinaggi's. I think he's one of the realest dudes in boxing but he's past his prime. And although Broner is jumping weight classes..I still think he's gonna hurt Paulie. Paulie's advantage has always been speed when he fought guys but he doesn't even have that advantage vs Broner.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #1934
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
I'm not looking forward to it since it's pretty much a cherry pick by Broner. Paulie has nothing for him. I was looking forward to the Matthyse/Peterson and Donaire/Rigo fights waay more.

Floyd/Canelo has much more build up in my opinion. People have been wanting this fight to be made for at least a year now. Having Floyd fight a young, undefeated fighter who has a huge power and size advantage is definitely more interesting than seeing Broner fight a guy who can't punch his way out of a paper bag.
This is not Mayweather/Pacquiao that just got made. Hell, it's not even Mayweather/Mosley or Mayweather/Cotto.

There really been no trash talk between the two other than from De La Hoya. Give it some time when the promotion starts. The promotional Tour actually kicks off next week at the Paulie/Broner fight.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #1935
Reef
College star

Quote:
This is not Mayweather/Pacquiao that just got made. Hell, it's not even Mayweather/Mosley or Mayweather/Cotto.

There really been no trash talk between the two other than from De La Hoya. Give it some time when the promotion starts. The promotional Tour actually kicks off next week at the Paulie/Broner fight.

Just because there hasn't been trash talk doesn't mean it's not more anticipated. Trash talk does not really make me more excited to see a fight; skill and the clash of styles does.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: