Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #2011
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
i have a hard time believing that Mayweather-Guerrero didnt make that list. i though Showtime confirmed they sold over 1 million PPV for the fight and im pretty sure some of the fights you listed couldnt even come close to such a number. Or am i missing something?
Yes, PPV vs. Showtime.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #2012
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I'll be at the one in Houston next Monday.
The crowd at the theater was surprisingly 80-90% Hispanic. All rooting for Canelo of course.

I see why they pushed this fight so soon instead of waiting til next year.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #2013
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
The crowd at the theater was surprisingly 80-90% Hispanic. All rooting for Canelo of course.

I see why they pushed this fight so soon instead of waiting til next year.
Where at, in Grand Rapids right? Damn, that's Floyd's hometown too.

I expect the same at Minute Maid next week.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #2014
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Where at, in Grand Rapids right? Damn, that's Floyd's hometown too.

I expect the same at Minute Maid next week.
Downtown Chi

I'd be suicidal if I lived in Grand Rapids
Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #2015
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Downtown Chi

I'd be suicidal if I lived in Grand Rapids
Ok, they were in Grand Rapids earlier today.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #2016
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Okay, what if Floyd LOSES? Completely hypothetical. Do you think he goes through with the rest of his Showtime contract? Does he retire and go into hiding? Do you think he would want an immediate rematch? I really don't know how he would handle it.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #2017
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Okay, what if Floyd LOSES? Completely hypothetical. Do you think he goes through with the rest of his Showtime contract? Does he retire and go into hiding? Do you think he would want an immediate rematch? I really don't know how he would handle it.

rematch or retire citing aging as the reason why he lost (or weight difference)
magic chiongson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #2018
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Ok, they were in Grand Rapids earlier today.
I heard the crowd was 50/50

Mexicans are everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
rematch or retire citing aging as the reason why he lost (or weight difference)
No way Floyd retires after a lost. Don't see him going out like that. You can tell how great a fighter really is, in how he comes back from a loss. How does one react to being where he's never been before.

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 06-27-2013 at 01:39 PM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #2019
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets

Mexicans are everywhere

No way Floyd retires after a lost. Don't see him going out like that. You can tell how great a fighter really is, in how he comes back from a loss. How does one react to being where he's never been before.
Like when Roy Jones annihilated Montell Griffin in their rematch. Total domination
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #2020
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets

Mexicans are everywhere

Floyd may (no pun) lose, but it wont be to Canelo. Canelo couldn't even knock out Shane Mosley last year. If Floyd loses, it's gonna be against a fighter with a high knock out % like a Lucas Matthysse or someone like that with a lucky punch.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #2021
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Floyd may (no pun) lose, but it wont be to Canelo. Canelo couldn't even knock out Shane Mosley last year. If Floyd loses, it's gonna be against a fighter with a high knock out % like a Lucas Matthysse or someone like that with a lucky punch.

Nobody's ever knocked out Shane. His chin is granite. Canelo definitely could KO Floyd if he could land a big clean punch, but that's easier said than done. Even on the extremely rare occasion that Floyd gets hurt, he knows how to hold on and he seems to recover fast (like against Mosley).
Reef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #2022
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

alvarez-mayweather fight has already beat the all-time gate record
right now they are at a minimum of $18,647,000, and could go up to $19 mil.

previous record was de la hoya-mayweather at $18,419,200.

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #2023
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Broner confirmed again in an interview recently that he would never fight Mayweather no matter how much cash it will get him and says that they will both retire undefeated. He also mentionned Maidana and Lucas Mathysse as the top names he heard in the poll for his next fight (top names other than Mayweather of course which probably got alot of votes).
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #2024
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
Broner confirmed again in an interview recently that he would never fight Mayweather no matter how much cash it will get him and says that they will both retire undefeated. He also mentionned Maidana and Lucas Mathysse as the top names he heard in the poll for his next fight (top names other than Mayweather of course which probably got alot of votes).

yeah they don't fight because they're 'friends'

Broner will not even reach the status of a freakin Ricky Hatton
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #2025
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
yeah they don't fight because they're 'friends'

Broner will not even reach the status of a freakin Ricky Hatton

more like brothers than friends according to him. Im pretty sure that fight would actually sell pretty good after Broner wins a few more fights no matter if he reaches the status of Ricky Hatton or not.

call me crazy but i would actually favor Broner over Mathysse if they were actually gonna fight. yes he is kinda stiff and doesnt have great mobility but its not like he had to move around alot in his early career. and i never seen him hurt or take clean shots that often other than some body shots

Last edited by PistonsFan#21 : 06-28-2013 at 02:09 AM.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: