Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #2026
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
more like brothers than friends according to him. Im pretty sure that fight would actually sell pretty good after Broner wins a few more fights no matter if he reaches the status of Ricky Hatton or not.

call me crazy but i would actually favor Broner over Mathysse if they were actually gonna fight. yes he is kinda stiff and doesnt have great mobility but its not like he had to move around alot in his early career. and i never seen him hurt or take clean shots that often other than some body shots

I don't even think they're that close. Not like they're the Klitchkos or something. Broner looks up to Pacquiao too.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #2027
PistonsFan#21
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I don't even think they're that close. Not like they're the Klitchkos or something. Broner looks up to Pacquiao too.

not really... actually Broner said that Pacquiao would be an easy fight for him. Even easier than the fight against Paulie.

And maybe Floyd isnt too close to Broner but Broner thinks they are really close and he always gets advice from him before and after fights as well as advises outside of the boxing ring.
PistonsFan#21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #2028
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I believe Broner is closer to Floyd than the other way around. You can tell by Floyd's demeanor around him.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #2029
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

Mike Tyson ‏@MikeTyson 1h
16 yrs ago today I had the notorious Bite Fight with @holyfield. I'm so glad we are friends now.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #2030
jaydacris
Rose

jcc jr 900k fine for marijuana dropped down to 100k

thats good... 900k was ridiculous
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #2031
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
not really... actually Broner said that Pacquiao would be an easy fight for him. Even easier than the fight against Paulie.

And maybe Floyd isnt too close to Broner but Broner thinks they are really close and he always gets advice from him before and after fights as well as advises outside of the boxing ring.
Broner has a pic of Manny in his room.

He also said he doesn't wanna give Floyd his first loss ...
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #2032
PistonsFan#21
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Broner has a pic of Manny in his room.

He also said he doesn't wanna give Floyd his first loss ...

You got any links to that? you sure it wasnt a poster of Pacquiao and De La Hoya when he was fighting on their undercard? and also when you tell an all time great boxer that he would be an easier fight than Paulie Malignaggi that doesnt sound like its someone you look up to or respect.

Obviously he says he would win against Floyd even if he doesnt believe so. No self respecting elite boxer would straight up say that another boxer would beat them. Especially if you are cocky and try to build your own name.
PistonsFan#21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #2033
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

June 29
HBO Boxing After Dark

Gennady Golovkin vs. Matthew Macklin for Golovkin's WBA and IBO Middleweight Championships
Thomas Oosthuizen vs. Brandon Gonzales
Willie Nelson vs. Luciano Cuello for Nelson's NABF Light Middleweight Championship

Let's see if "GGG" can keep the hype alive as he faces his toughest opponent yet, Macklin.

After tonight, no huge night for boxing until late July. Ishe Smith had a title fight July 19 on Showtime, but he just got injured so that is off. No word of the whole event is off, or if they will have someone else for Carlos Molina to fight?

Hopefully in that time, some more huge fights are made. Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse, Broner picks his next opponent.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #2034
Reef
College star

3rd round KO by body shot..damn. Martinez struggled with Macklin before he stopped him, but Golovkin just annihilated him. Sergio has zero chance against Golovkin.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #2035
jaydacris
Rose

that was a nasty body shot
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #2036
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Macklin just got Good Boy'ed.

Steve Kim @stevemaxboxing 29s

I asked Lou DiBella, when do we make the GGG-Martinez fight;"We don't. This guys an animal." Hey, he's being honest

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI 1m

Macklin's promoter, Lou DiBella, just came over to press row. "He's an animal. That was the worst body shot I've ever seen."
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #2037
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
3rd round KO by body shot..damn. Martinez struggled with Macklin before he stopped him, but Golovkin just annihilated him. Sergio has zero chance against Golovkin.
Comparing performances of two fighters against common opponents has no impact on the outcome of their fight if those two would meet. None at all.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #2038
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Comparing performances of two fighters against common opponents has no impact on the outcome of their fight if those two would meet. None at all.

It's not just that. Martinez looked terrible in his last fight. He fights with his hands down, he's been down a number of times as a middleweight against guys who are nowhere near the puncher that Golovkin is. Just look at Flash88's post. Even Martinez's own promoter admits to ducking GGG.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #2039
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

GGG stops Martinez in my opinion.

It's pretty clear that Martinez' reflexes have deteriorated the past few years. If you're struggling with guys like Murray and Macklin and letting them tag you at will, that's a recipe for disaster against Golovkin. And the longer Martinez waits, the more likely he's going to lose -- he's certainly not getting any younger.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #2040
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
It's not just that. Martinez looked terrible in his last fight. He fights with his hands down, he's been down a number of times as a middleweight against guys who are nowhere near the puncher that Golovkin is. Just look at Flash88's post. Even Martinez's own promoter admits to ducking GGG.
That's not ducking at all. Ducking is making excuses. That's just being real.

And GGG is a beast. He wants to fight 2 more times this year too. I've heard Peter Quilin's name thrown around.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: