Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #2041
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
That's not ducking at all. Ducking is making excuses. That's just being real.

Avoiding a guy because he would knock you out is ducking in my opinion, especially when you're the champ and should be defending against the best. Excuses or not.

Last edited by Reef : 06-30-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #2042
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Avoiding a guy because he would knock you out is ducking in my opinion, especially when you're the champ and should be defending against the best. Excuses or not.
He said he's fight anyone between 154 and 168. So are all the guys who don't except his challenge ducking him?

Mayweather?
Canelo?
Ward?
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #2043
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

GGG won't fight Quillin so long as Quillin is with Golden Boy/Showtime.

I think he'll fight Murray and then the winner of Geale/Barker.

GGG/Martinez probably never gets made either. Sergio wants no part of Golovkin or else he'll get Good Boy'ed too.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #2044
Flash88

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

Quote:
He said he's fight anyone between 154 and 168. So are all the guys who don't except his challenge ducking him?

Mayweather?
Canelo?
Ward?
Golovkin's comments aside (he's saying that to build up his name), he has been a middleweight all his career. Martinez is the lineal champion and GGG is his clear #1 contender. Golovkin's team want the fight, Martinez's team does not.

That's a blatant duck.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #2045
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
Golovkin's comments aside (he's saying that to build up his name), he has been a middleweight all his career. Martinez is the lineal champion and GGG is his clear #1 contender. Golovkin's team want the fight, Martinez's team does not.

That's a blatant duck.

Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #2046
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15

Bobcats2013 has decent reputationBobcats2013 has decent reputation

With guys like Matthysse and GGG it's hard not to watch boxing. Most fun I've had as a boxing fan for the past decade.
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #2047
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

I went to the Golovkin fight, met Paulie Malignaggi

That dudes power is unreal. Macklin was shook the second he got touched...
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #2048
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
GGG won't fight Quillin so long as Quillin is with Golden Boy/Showtime.

I think he'll fight Murray and then the winner of Geale/Barker.

GGG/Martinez probably never gets made either. Sergio wants no part of Golovkin or else he'll get Good Boy'ed too.
GGG is with K2 Promotions. They were on Showtime last week, only Top Rank doesn't do business with Golden Boy.

Klitschko and Jonathan Banks were seen last week on Showtime. It can be made if Quillin wants it.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:09 AM   #2049
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
With guys like Matthysse and GGG it's hard not to watch boxing. Most fun I've had as a boxing fan for the past decade.
GGG is much better than Matthysse. Matt is wild. His last fight vs. Peterson, he threw at lets 2 punches, where he landed on the canvas. Just throwing hey-makers hoping they connect. GGG was not like that vs. Macklin. He was calm the whole fight, didn't rush anything.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #2050
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Golovkin.

Man, what a beast. Tonight's fight was like a top of the food chain predator cornering frightened prey. Macklin was in way over his head and he knew it the first time he felt that thudding power.

It's too bad Gennady is 31. He has a very rare combination of skill and power. The most impressive thing about him is his poise. He never seems like he's in a hurry. He lets those shots come naturally. Almost always when you see guys with that kind of power, they take unnecessary risks and often throw wild punches knowing that, if one lands, it could end the fight.

Golovkin always takes his time, gets in position, avoids shots coming back at him and unleashes some of the deadliest, most accurate punches I've seen in a while.

He would destroy Martinez right now. There's not a question in my mind. I'd enjoy watching him maul Julio Cesar Jr., too.

What a monster.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #2051
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

martinez is still fighting at a very high level despite being past his prime. that said, ggg will kill anyone at middleweight
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #2052
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

My dude GGG! Love the way this guy fights. He's patient and doesn't waste any punches. Even his jabs are thrown with home run power. The way he just walked him down all night was just scary.

That is how you put on an impressive performance. You don't coast the whole fight because you feel you are so much better. If you're that much better, prove it.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #2053
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Apparently GGG weighed 170lbs in the ring against Macklin. That's lighter than Canelo, I think 154 would be a great for him. I wanna see him against Canelo, Trout, and Cotto! And JJC Jr.! And Serg!
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #2054
Flash88

Quote:
GGG is with K2 Promotions. They were on Showtime last week, only Top Rank doesn't do business with Golden Boy.

Klitschko and Jonathan Banks were seen last week on Showtime. It can be made if Quillin wants it.
It's not a matter of GGG's promoter; it's the fact that Golovkin has built up a great relationship with HBO thus far. Why would he want to ruin that relationship and fight on Showtime when he's being compensated handsomely by HBO? Do you remember what happened when "HBO" fighters like Pacquiao and Mayweather bolted for Showtime? Pacquiao's departure got Ross Greenburg fired and Mayweather's split caused HBO to boycott any Golden Boy fights. I'm not comparing Golovkin to Pacquiao/Mayweather, but HBO has been marketing Golovkin to be the middleweight Mike Tyson. You don't think they'll do everything in their power to keep him on their network?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #2055
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
It's not a matter of GGG's promoter; it's the fact that Golovkin has built up a great relationship with HBO thus far. Why would he want to ruin that relationship and fight on Showtime when he's being compensated handsomely by HBO? Do you remember what happened when "HBO" fighters like Pacquiao and Mayweather bolted for Showtime? Pacquiao's departure got Ross Greenburg fired and Mayweather's split caused HBO to boycott any Golden Boy fights. I'm not comparing Golovkin to Pacquiao/Mayweather, but HBO has been marketing Golovkin to be the middleweight Mike Tyson. You don't think they'll do everything in their power to keep him on their network?
Quillin earlier this week wanted some of GGG. GGG after the fight said it could be made, but only on HBO?

Is that a duck? GGG knows Peter fights with Golden Boy and knows of the split. So, why would he even bring that up? Not saying it's a duck, but why even mention it?

If he wants the fight, it will b available on Showtime. If not, move to another opponent.

K2 and Golden Boy worked together last week with the Banks/Mitchell match-up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: