Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #2056
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

GGG is 31 already

If only he became a buzz-worthy name at like 25 or something.

The dude possesses some NAAASTY punching power but also has the refined technique/skills in throwing his punches.

Lethal combination makes for a very good and exciting fighter.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #2057
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Quillin earlier this week wanted some of GGG. GGG after the fight said it could be made, but only on HBO?

Is that a duck? GGG knows Peter fights with Golden Boy and knows of the split. So, why would he even bring that up? Not saying it's a duck, but why even mention it?

If he wants the fight, it will b available on Showtime. If not, move to another opponent.

K2 and Golden Boy worked together last week with the Banks/Mitchell match-up.
I don't consider it a duck. GGG wanted Quillin before the HBO/Showtime rift and Quillin was making up all sorts of excuses not to fight Golovkin then. Now we have Quillin championing for a unification fight on Twitter. How convenient.

The fight won't happen anyways. Neither fighter will fight on the rival network. But there's plenty of good opponents for him on HBO down the road: Murray. Chavez, Pirog, Martinez, winner of Geale/Barker. I really do hope that HBO really pressures Martinez to fight Golovkin next year, though.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #2058
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
I don't consider it a duck. GGG wanted Quillin before the HBO/Showtime rift and Quillin was making up all sorts of excuses not to fight Golovkin then. Now we have Quillin championing for a unification fight on Twitter. How convenient.

The fight won't happen anyways. Neither fighter will fight on the rival network. But there's plenty of good opponents for him on HBO down the road: Murray. Chavez, Pirog, Martinez, winner of Geale/Barker. I really do hope that HBO really pressures Martinez to fight Golovkin next year, though.
He should fight Canelo once he moves up to 160 next year.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #2059
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88

At that point it was a high risk no reward type of fight....plus GGG, lets face it, was a relative unknown. I dont really think Quillin nor GGG is scared of each other, they are both strong as **** and by far the biggest punchers in their division, just sucks that fight will never happen(Abel and K2 promotions said if the fight was to happen Quillin will have to fight in HBO, which is impossible)
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #2060
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Any links to the fight last night? Best I can find is a 30 second clip on YouTube of the KO
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #2061
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Golden Boy will be debuting a series on the brand new Fox Sports station (FS1), August 19th called "Golden Boy Live."

It will air Monday nights. I'm familiar with watching guys perform inside a ring (wrestling) on Monday, so this should work out fine.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #2062
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

golovkin vs. murray. murray beat martinez ( He was robbed)
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #2063
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i didn't know golovkin was an olympic silver medalist. he also knocked out lucian bute in the amateurs (thats pretty hard to do) and beat andre dirrel, andy lee, matt korobov
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #2064
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
i didn't know golovkin was an olympic silver medalist. he also knocked out lucian bute in the amateurs (thats pretty hard to do) and beat andre dirrel, andy lee, matt korobov

Yeah has some stupid amount of amateur fights, he's like 350-4 or something.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #2065
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

I must have missed the press conference or they started late. Got there at like 1:25, seen Mayweather for like 5 minute than he jetted inside around 1:30. I didn't see Canelo, I was there till about 2 PM then left .

Shit load of Mexicans, seen about 11 brotha's and one white boy.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #2066
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

I love how GGG calls everyone "good boy" haha.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #2067
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
I love how GGG calls everyone "good boy" haha.
Yeah. It must be a funny Russian-to-Engish translation thing. Always makes me chuckle.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #2068
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

martinez said he would be willing to fight golovkin, but only after he has one fight prior. and right now he is rehabing his injured knee

that would likely mean mid 2014 or later i would guess

but.. i still think it wont happen.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #2069
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

im gonna be at Money vs Canelo the press conference tonight in l.a and i wanna get some gloves signed, anyone know what size and brand i should get?
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #2070
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Mayweather said he's gonna most likely fight beyond his 6 fight deal with Showtime.

2016, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: