Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #2176
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15

Bobcats2013 has decent reputationBobcats2013 has decent reputation
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
DAMN!!! Did anyone see Edwin Rodriguez go nuts on Grachev in the first round, jesus that was some of the cleanest hitting I have ever seen in my life he literally couldn't miss him every quick was sharp and damaging. He completely just blew him out of the water that was insane. Edwin is a monster

I always thought Edwin would look great against fighters like Grachev. Flat footed, stands right there, and aren't great counter punchers. He is a bigger version of Andre Berto, doesn't mean it wasn't impressive tho
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #2177
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

Rodriguez is nothing special. Those wide looping shots aren't going to work against more experienced fighters. I'm not sold on his power either.

GGG would eat him alive.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #2178
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
"No matter what excuses [you make] about weight, I am still going to break you the way I made you. Do not use steroids, think about your future and your weight will be good. I remind you again - I made you, I will break you. It's only been six years since I've been asking for rematch. After I knock you out I am going for the WBC title at 122,"

Fighting words
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #2179
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Austin Trout vs. Erisandy Lara also seems to be set for the Mayweather-Canelo undercard.

L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #2180
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Austin Trout vs. Erisandy Lara also seems to be set for the Mayweather-Canelo undercard.

way to get people take a 12 round nap before the main event
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:35 AM   #2181
Flash88

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
way to get people take a 12 round nap before the main event
Yup.

Reminds me of Arum always putting Yuri Foreman on the Pacquiao or Cotto cards. It puts a damper on the anticipation of the main event when you have two safety first fighters out there.

Golden Boy needs to appease the fans and just put Matthyse/Garcia on the card. But I definitely don't want to see Trout and Lara box cautiously for 12 rounds.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #2182
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I thought Lucas vs Danny was already set for the undercard?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #2183
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I thought Lucas vs Danny was already set for the undercard?
They're talking about it. But it's not official. There's been plenty of times where a high-profile undercard match was set to be on the main event and the promoter just ends up giving it a main event of its own on HBO or Showtime. I think this will be one of those cases. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #2184
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Apparently Maidana and Adrien Broner exchanged some friendly words on Twitter

Maidana:

Have anyone heard about @adrienbroner lately? 147 lbs or running? Just wondering...they tell me broner is on tour?? what?? give the man @adrienbroner the benefit of doubt. maybe he retired from boxing and starting a new and safer career in music. good for him!! let's get this straight with broner. If he doesn't wanna fight me he quits the wba title and I'll take care of him by buying his rap record

Broners response:

stop talking shit about me boy I'm go f*ck you up fool stop talking so much PUS*Y and after I'm done with your foreign ass matthysse #NEXT
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #2185
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
Apparently Maidana and Adrien Broner exchanged some friendly words on Twitter

Maidana:

Have anyone heard about @adrienbroner lately? 147 lbs or running? Just wondering...they tell me broner is on tour?? what?? give the man @adrienbroner the benefit of doubt. maybe he retired from boxing and starting a new and safer career in music. good for him!! let's get this straight with broner. If he doesn't wanna fight me he quits the wba title and I'll take care of him by buying his rap record

Broners response:

stop talking shit about me boy I'm go f*ck you up fool stop talking so much PUS*Y and after I'm done with your foreign ass matthysse #NEXT
Broner spelled foreign correctly?

I'm legitimately surprised.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #2186
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol. let em fight, i'd pay for that winner fights garcia-matthyse winner
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #2187
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
lol. let em fight, i'd pay for that winner fights garcia-matthyse winner

If Maidana was to win (which wont happen) hes looking to get a Floyd fight. He doesnt seem to interested in a Matthyse fight from what i heard
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:52 AM   #2188
Flash88

LOL. I never knew Maidana learned English all of a sudden.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #2189
Flash88

It turns out Garcia/Matthyse WILL be on the Floyd/Canelo undercard according to Fat Dan.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...n-sept-14-card

Holy shit! Just this fight alone makes it one of the best PPVs in God knows how long?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #2190
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Garcia-Matthysse is officially on sept 14 undercard w00t!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: