Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #2281
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

GBP is pushing for a Thurman/Guerrero matchup on Nov 2nd
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #2282
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Hell, Hopkins-Dawson was a PPV a few years back. Hell, Maidana-Morales was a PPV a few years back, too.

Bernard Hopkins, Erik Morales, .......Adrien Broner?

Stop. This is sad
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #2283
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
why is gary russell jr fighting a guy that has lost his last 6 fights
Seems on par with the rest of his opponents

I guess Golden Boy wants to test to waters to see how much Broner can draw. I agree with others that said this will bomb. I mean, they're really gonna have to stack that undercard. Mine as well stack it with Mexican fighters and gear towards that crowd
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #2284
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

With Alvarez-Mayweather, Rios-Pacquiao and Marquez-Bradley all being PPV, and all being within a 3 month time frame this is almost a guarantee to flop. I like the fight. Overall, I don't see it selling well.

Broner is still a work in progress and hasn't done shat to headline a PPV.. This would be more acceptable if he fought somebody better but Maidana is obviously a stepping stone and has no business being on PPV. Maidana Is just a showcase fight for Broner.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #2285
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Broner - Maidana wont make big numbers but i think it will be a pretty interesting fight to watch.

Maidana likes to bang and Broner doesnt move around much.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #2286
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
Bernard Hopkins, Erik Morales, .......Adrien Broner?

Stop. This is sad
That was Morales in 2011 though, not 2001.

And depending on what y'all think are good PPV numbers, what would be considered a flop for Broner headlining his first PPV?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #2287
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
That was Morales in 2011 though, not 2001.

And depending on what y'all think are good PPV numbers, what would be considered a flop for Broner headlining his first PPV?

i think it depends who else they put on the undercard though
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #2288
PistonsFan#21
College star

Thats one of the best and well timed counter punch i've ever seen

Old 08-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #2289
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
i think it depends who else they put on the undercard though
Schafer said it will be huge.

Quote:
"Basically, what I'm going to do is I'm going to be utilizing Oct. 26 and Nov. 2 -- those two weekends -- as buildups to our big Nov. 9 pay per view," said Schaefer.

"And I can not yet disclose to you what the Nov. 9 pay-per-view will be. But I will be holding the date with the pay-per-view industry, and I will be holding the venue with the MGM Grand in Las Vegas."
Old 08-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #2290
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Charlo knocks out Smith in the 2nd round. He looks promising.

Vargas won a UD over Bennett (with special guest Adrien Broner, lol.) Vargas should have knocked Bennett out after the 4th round. Either Bennett has a strong chin or Vargas is not a hue puncher.

Oh shit at Wilder, he damn near killed homie with a first round knock out. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing for Wilder. They made this fight because they assumed it would go longer than 5 rounds at least, considering he was a heavyweight champ just a few years ago.

Broner in an interview said he wants Maidana and also called out Matthyse. Said if he beats Garcia next month, he wants Lucas next.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #2291
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Damn Wilder's opponent did the same thing as Vasquez(I think?) against Donaire! The crazy thing is that Vasquez beat the count!
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #2292
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Damn Wilder's opponent did the same thing as Vasquez(I think?) against Donaire! The crazy thing is that Vasquez beat the count!
Wilder is supposed to get the winner of Mitchell/Arreola next month. Arreola should beat Mitchell easily.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #2293
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Shit is gettin' real, haha.

Quote:
Maidana to Broner: “@adrienbroner, [your] rap tour is about to end. Last show will be November 9 in Las Vegas. That night won’t be fun for him though.”

Broner said “@ChinoMaidana haaa you can’t even talk English haaaa but you tweeting English lol.”

Maidana: “@AdrienBroner I have to get translators & it seems that you need English teachers they tell me. we’ll do the talk in the ring, no worries.”
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #2294
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15

Bobcats2013 has decent reputationBobcats2013 has decent reputation

Broner is in for a long night against Maidana. I would order that PPV.
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #2295
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

I watched a short 20 mins documentary in regards to boxing about fighters who are known as "opponents", "cans" the guys who show up to be beat.

It's under the series name "The American Life": Underdogs and it features two of these guys and what there life is like at the lower end of the boxing spectrum. Great watch if you any of you are interested have a look around for it I loved in personally.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: