Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #2296
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Darchinyan, though past his prime, is doing all he can for a rematch but may get ducked again. Pathetic shit by Donaire :
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #2297
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
Broner is in for a long night against Maidana. I would order that PPV.
If they put Guerrero/Thurman on the undercard instead of the weekend before. And also add Austin Trout vs Lara, Omar Figurero vs. some one with a 135 title, Jermell Charlo, Victor Ortiz comeback, maybe Lamont Peterson on the card, that would be pretty good.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #2298
Rooster
National High School Star

Rooster has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
That was Morales in 2011 though, not 2001.

And depending on what y'all think are good PPV numbers, what would be considered a flop for Broner headlining his first PPV?

The Maidana- Morales fight was good. Though it was not supposed to be PPV, it was worth it after watching that fight. Even Morales was past it, he gave Maidana some fits. If not for that swollen eye, he could have beaten Maidana by decision.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #2299
Rooster
National High School Star

Rooster has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Darchinyan, though past his prime, is doing all he can for a rematch but may get ducked again. Pathetic shit by Donaire :

Ship has sailed long time time ago for Darchinyan. I'm pretty sure Donaire will knocked him out again worse than that chicken dance.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #2300
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Morales has a massive Mexican fanbase. Though his fight with Maidana absolutely should not have been a PPV event, it could be written off as an encore performance by a Mexican legend. Pretty much all of the really big Mexican boxing stars who fought well past their primes cashed in on some bad PPVs late in their careers.

Also, that fight did something like >50,000 buys. It was a total bomb.

Broner could be a big PPV boxer eventually because I think pretty much everyone outside of his immediate family want to see him splayed on the canvas, fast asleep. He's maybe the most unlikeable boxer I have ever seen and that's saying something. Even Prince Naseem Hamed had an air of self-awareness about him. I got the idea that he knew what he was doing was a bit farcical.

Broner seems utterly clueless. Having this big of an @sshole with the potential of being knocked cold? People will watch, eventually, if he doesn't turn out to be a total fraud.

He's not there yet, though, and trying to cash in too early in his career would be very unwise, unless his people think he's ripe for the picking and they need to make their money before the charade is exposed (could be the case). He needs to fight on Showtime a few more times, expose as many people as possible to his douchebaggery and then cash in against a big name who can punch.

I think Maidana could give him problems and the PPV numbers will be horrific, I predict. Not a good combination for a guy trying desperately to ride Mayweather's coattails to super-stardom. Most of America still has no idea who he is.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #2301
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Ship has sailed long time time ago for Darchinyan. I'm pretty sure Donaire will knocked him out again worse than that chicken dance.

Yeah, Raging Bull would be the great underdog due to years, which makes this even more of a pathetic move. If it doesn't show fear, after years of pulling shit, I don't know what else does.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #2302
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I watched a short 20 mins documentary in regards to boxing about fighters who are known as "opponents", "cans" the guys who show up to be beat.

It's under the series name "The American Life": Underdogs and it features two of these guys and what there life is like at the lower end of the boxing spectrum. Great watch if you any of you are interested have a look around for it I loved in personally.
Where can I watch this?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #2303
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Chavez Jr. cut his eye, so his match with Brian Vera for Sep 7 will be moved to a future date.

HBO stay losing.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #2304
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Chavez Jr. cut his eye, so his match with Brian Vera for Sep 7 will be moved to a future date.

HBO stay losing.
Arum stay losing.

And it has been a pleasure to watch.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #2305
KyleKong
Fin.

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I miss Ricky Hatton.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #2306
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

For the 30 day weight in,

Mayweather is 150.3 and Canelo is 166.8.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #2307
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

So what happens if Canelo comes in at 154 at the weight in? Would he give up some of his purse, would the fight get called off? I think the decision will be up to Mayweather and his team right?
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #2308
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade305
So what happens if Canelo comes in at 154 at the weight in? Would he give up some of his purse, would the fight get called off? I think the decision will be up to Mayweather and his team right?
I doubt the fight gets called off. Probably a huge chunk of Canelo's purse goes to Mayweather.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #2309
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Where can I watch this?
Try this for me it says "does not work in your country" but it might for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8RQzkp7Q2I depending on where you live if not I'm sure you can d/l a torrent of it look up

"This American Life: Underdogs"
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #2310
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Try this for me it says "does not work in your country" but it might for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8RQzkp7Q2I depending on where you live if not I'm sure you can d/l a torrent of it look up

"This American Life: Underdogs"

This video requires payment to watch?

What the **** actually happened to youtube? I used to be glued to that site but its covered in ads, captchas, and apparently now you have to pay to see this 20 minute video

**** you youtube
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: