Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #2341
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

it puzzles me when a guy is clearly in deep shit yet does not even attempt to clinch. After Mares got floored by that perfect left hand, he should have been in survival mode
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #2342
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
it puzzles me when a guy is clearly in deep shit yet does not even attempt to clinch. After Mares got floored by that perfect left hand, he should have been in survival mode

Probably b/c he was on auto-pilot, straight up muscle memory. He probably doesn't train to clinch when hurt in the gym.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #2343
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo

I love fighters that don't know how to hold. Not great strategy for the fighter himself, but it's nice to see boxers who are willing to go out swinging.

I liked his post fight comments. He said something like he's not here to get an amazing record and retire undefeated, he just wants to fight the best and the toughest fights.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #2344
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

I think we have found one of Floyd's four remaining fights. Floyd Sr. and Roger have been talking a lot of smack about Broner the past month or so.

Hell, even Adrien and Floyd have been giving out subliminals. Some reporter asked if Adrien would ever fight Floyd. He used to say "No, that is my big brother." Now it's "No, I want him to retire with a perfect record." Floyd critiqued him a whole lot in his last fight.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #2345
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I think we have found one of Floyd's four remaining fights. Floyd Sr. and Roger have been talking a lot of smack about Broner the past month or so.

Hell, even Adrien and Floyd have been giving out subliminals. Some reporter asked if Adrien would ever fight Floyd. He used to say "No, that is my big brother." Now it's "No, I want him to retire with a perfect record." Floyd critiqued him a whole lot in his last fight.

He then went on to say, "I don't wanna be the one that gives [Floyd] his first loss."
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #2346
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:

Doesn't surprise me. I've always assumed that the Mayweather camped talked shat about Broner anyway: "He's copying from my son", "That boy is a clown and he'll never be Floyd no matter how hard he tries".

It was only a matter of time.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #2347
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

I've always wondered why boxing decision isn't hold to a higher standard than it is/was. I mean, we got camera and the ability to slow motion a video since before the 80s don't we? Yet we've got one judge scoring one way and the other scoring totally the opposite way and it's totally fine without them having to justify their judging. How is this acceptable? Is it just time constraint?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #2348
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL anyone see the David Sanchez vs. Juan Kantun.....after Sanchez won the fight via stoppage his trainer went to lift him on his shoulders and dropped him on his back lol .

Miguel Berchelt looked impressive in a good win against an over the hill Cristobal Cruz, dropped him with a sweet hook than after Cruz got up he went in for the finish and the ref stepped in and saved Cruz from further punishment.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #2349
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
LOL anyone see the David Sanchez vs. Juan Kantun.....after Sanchez won the fight via stoppage his trainer went to lift him on his shoulders and dropped him on his back lol .

Miguel Berchelt looked impressive in a good win against an over the hill Cristobal Cruz, dropped him with a sweet hook than after Cruz got up he went in for the finish and the ref stepped in and saved Cruz from further punishment.

lol, 29:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJUg4nOSxQ
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #2350
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

RIP Tommy Morrison.

Can someone explain how Morrison was able to get 2 sanctioned bouts years after he tested HIV positive?

Isn't an HIV positive test result the complete end of a career in a 'bloodsport'(emphasis on 'blood') like Boxing?
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #2351
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Broner vs Maidana is being moved to December 14th.

Paulie Malginaggi turned down a fight with Zab Judah.

Robert Guerrero turned down a fight with Keith Thurman.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #2352
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Broner vs Maidana is being moved to December 14th.

Paulie Malginaggi turned down a fight with Zab Judah.

Robert Guerrero turned down a fight with Keith Thurman.

disappointing

hope thurman gets a big name next fight
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #2353
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
disappointing

hope thurman gets a big name next fight
Guerrero wants the winner of Broner/Maidana.

Thurman is most likely fighting Soto-Karass, on the Broner/Maidana card.

I can see Thurman fighting the Alexander/Khan winner.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #2354
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

guerrero broner would be good, i recall seeing a video where guerrero was calling him out and talking shit to his face... maybe it was someone else i dunno
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #2355
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
guerrero broner would be good, i recall seeing a video where guerrero was calling him out and talking shit to his face... maybe it was someone else i dunno
Naw, it was him. That was back when Broner was fighting at like 130 I think. They then got into it at the Mayweather/Guerrero shoot, as Broner was there talking shit, lol.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: