Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #2491
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Speaking of HWs, Lennox Lewis said he wants $100M to come out of retirement and fight a Klitschko and he might get it...
In a handicapped match or what?
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #2492
iTare
YoungNiggaMoveThatDope

iTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't wait till Marquez tko's Bradley this Sunday!!!
iTare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #2493
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTare
Can't wait till Marquez tko's Bradley this Sunday!!!
Bradley's knock gettin knocked out.

Winner is a toss-up, won't be surprised with a draw.

And the ratings will be terrible. The undercard is terrible.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #2494
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Bradley's knock gettin knocked out.

Winner is a toss-up, won't be surprised with a draw.

And the ratings will be terrible. The undercard is terrible.

I wouldn't be so sure. The new juiced up Marquez could easily land a nice counter that Tim doesn't see coming and puts him out. I don't think Bradley will be the same after the fight with Provodnikov. That's the type of fight to take years off your life. I'm going with Marquez by TKO.

The undercard is pretty bad, but I can't wait to see Lomachenko fight. He's one of the greatest amateur boxers in history.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #2495
iTare
YoungNiggaMoveThatDope

iTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
I wouldn't be so sure. The new juiced up Marquez could easily land a nice counter that Tim doesn't see coming and puts him out. I don't think Bradley will be the same after the fight with Provodnikov. That's the type of fight to take years off your life. I'm going with Marquez by TKO.
I doubt Marquez is juicing. But other than that you nailed it. I see this fight starting out slow with Bradley looking good but it'll turn into a brawl by the 5th or 6th and Marquez will hurt him and finish him
iTare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #2496
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef

The undercard is pretty bad, but I can't wait to see Lomachenko fight. He's one of the greatest amateur boxers in history.
Tim is good, that Provadnikov fight was his first like that and he said it will be his last. Tim never fights that way, he said it him self. He was trying to prove a point.

PPV will still do bad numbers, not sure why they didn't put the Alvarado fight as the co-main event instead of the next week, would have been smart move.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #2497
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

I hope one of the homies is ordering the fight cause I dam sure am not paying 65 bucks for this.

If it had a decent co-main even, I would. Orlando Salido vs. Orlando Cruz ...

At least it's better than Pacquiao/Rios card.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #2498
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siheWCzIL90

Evander Holyfield destroyed James Buster Douglas in the 3rd round.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #2499
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

I'm going to order this one. Most interesting fight of the year to me...also isn't Lumachenko making his pro debut? By all accounts, he's the real deal. 2 time Olympic gold medalist and fights with a pro style. I believe it's a 10 round fight against a good opponent which is unheard of for a pro debut.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #2500
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Arum says if the fight does 350,000 buys it will be a big success. Probably true. This has been a solid promotion without a crazy amount of spending. It won't lose money like Floyd vs Guerrero but I think 300,000 buys is a more likely number.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #2501
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Speaking of HWs, Lennox Lewis said he wants $100M to come out of retirement and fight a Klitschko and he might get it...

common man he's joking
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #2502
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RIP Tim Bradley, 1983-2013. Memo Heredia = Doping God.

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #2503
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Marquez looking suspect

Kinda want to see Bradley get KTFO though
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #2504
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why is it when people talk about the Lewis-Klit fight that they usually fail to mention Lennox bludgeoned Klit's face so badly with his fists that Vit's eye was basically hanging out of his skull? If that fight would have continued, Klit's boxing career may have ended that night.

The fight actually probably went on a couple rounds too long. Lewis won via legitimate TKO/stoppage, yet people talk about it as if he lost.

^^^That was done with Lewis' fists... not a headbutt, like what will usually be the cause of such massive damage.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #2505
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Why is it when people talk about the Lewis-Klit fight that they usually fail to mention Lennox bludgeoned Klit's face so badly with his fists that Vit's eye was basically hanging out of his skull? If that fight would have continued, Klit's boxing career may have ended that night.

The fight actually probably went on a couple rounds too long. Lewis won via legitimate TKO/stoppage, yet people talk about it as if he lost.

^^^That was done with Lewis' fists... not a headbutt, like what will usually be the cause of such massive damage.
Well people usually think of cuts as accidental and not an intentional way to win a fight.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: