Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #2566
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Bellow and Stevenson got into it at the weight in. Bellow headbutts Stevenson.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #2567
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Cotto has a $10 Mill offer to fight Canelo on March 8th in Vegas and now apparently a $15 Mill offer to fight Sergio Martinez at MSG June 7.

Too me, he'll make more money in the Canelo fight, the PPV numbers will be more. He also has a better shot at the win at 154.

Against Sergio, he'd be moving up to 160. A Segio PPV will not get as many buys as a Canelo PPV. Also, moving up to 160, he'll be no good. Hell, he's no good at 154.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #2568
lefthook00
College star

Yeah I would rather see Canelo vs. Cotto. I would like Serg to rematch Jr. if his fatass can make weight, or perhaps fight Lara.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #2569
abuC
Cuba

abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #2570
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Cotto has a $10 Mill offer to fight Canelo on March 8th in Vegas and now apparently a $15 Mill offer to fight Sergio Martinez at MSG June 7.

Too me, he'll make more money in the Canelo fight, the PPV numbers will be more. He also has a better shot at the win at 154.

Against Sergio, he'd be moving up to 160. A Segio PPV will not get as many buys as a Canelo PPV. Also, moving up to 160, he'll be no good. Hell, he's no good at 154.

cant believe cotto is getting such high purses. considering the money they'd have to pay either opponent as well, they'd better pull in a lot of buys
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #2571
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

One of my closest family relatives was a former boxer. His name is Pretty Boy lucas. He fought the legendary ricardo Lopez in the 1990's. He never became a world champion, but he was a former OPBF champion. He suffered a brain injury in his last fight, and his wife leave him for another guy.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8699&cat=boxer
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #2572
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Wow what? He had a brain injury, and that's why his wife left him? That's ****ed up....
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #2573
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

i won't mind canelo - cotto or sergio - cotto, better than most fights out there. imo cotto should stay at 147-154 though
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #2574
lefthook00
College star

I was rewatching old Mayweather fights last night...Cot damn that boy was LIVE back in the day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQgoSjxsgWs
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #2575
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
there's something fishy going on with boxing in australia...there was that time when roy jones took a dive and the folks billy dib knocked out
I heard Billy Dibb has a lot of ties to the Lebonese gangs in Australia, but yeah he's won in a variety of cheap way's down under. He KO'ed some Asian dude while he was still on the floor with a clear foul and they stll gave him the fight. Australian boxing outside Geale/Vic is pathetic, it's just solid fighters built up to be superstars who everytime fight outside Australia against decent comp get there asses beat.

Also Stevenson vs Korlev has to occur, that's a exciting fight as your going to get.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #2576
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Wow what? He had a brain injury, and that's why his wife left him? That's ****ed up....

Yeah. It sucks cause he's really a good guy. His story was featured on wish ko lang.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #2577
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I heard Billy Dibb has a lot of ties to the Lebonese gangs in Australia, but yeah he's won in a variety of cheap way's down under. He KO'ed some Asian dude while he was still on the floor with a clear foul and they stll gave him the fight. Australian boxing outside Geale/Vic is pathetic, it's just solid fighters built up to be superstars who everytime fight outside Australia against decent comp get there asses beat.

Also Stevenson vs Korlev has to occur, that's a exciting fight as your going to get.
Who's the greatest boxer from Australia?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #2578
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC

Kovalev is a F*cking Beast. He needs to fight Stevenson. Winner of the fight vs. Andre Ward.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #2579
moey-
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07

Billy is anything but a gangster. A real down to earth, humble, family orientated person.
moey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #2580
moey-
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
It honestly looked like a payday to me. Nothing more, and nothing less. I doubt he trained hard, and once he saw he was getting his ass kicked, he just mailed it in.

The two posts by moey and andremiller are both exaggerations of Mundine on the opposite ends of the scale. Mundine by no means has the fastest hands or is the most athletic, but he was a good boxer, by any measurement back in the day. Hes fallen off a bit now, much like Mosley, but obviously still got a little bit left. I'd love to see him get a fight in the USA with a decent fighter, but I doubt it.

His athletic ability has never been in question.

Who else can go from being the top earner and one of the premier players in Rugby League, to a 3 time world boxing champion????

Bo Jackson springs to mind, but Mundine did it in a team sport environment, and in an INDIVIDUAL combat sport.

One of the great athletes.
moey- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: