Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #2626
PistonsFan#21
College superstar

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
just placed a bet on Maidana for the upset

i liked the all access episodes btw

i dont wanna see you making any excuses after Broner whoops that ass
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #2627
DonD13
skuduskur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21

fair enough.

I never make excuses.

he better not let Maidana land shots to the body as he let Paulie do.
I can see AB pull this off but I see it way closer than the odds would let you think...

but yes, it might be the hater in me, but I can see Maidana knocking his ass out
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #2628
kNicKz
College superstar

Maidana isn't going to beat Broner. Too 1 dimensional

with that said, I hope he KO's Broner
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #2629
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
Apparently, he's been working with Floyd in improving his footwork. We'll see if it's made a difference Saturday night.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #2630
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Broner might stop Maidana. If not, he'll win by a wide decision.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #2631
PK3434
Good Golly!

This appears to be a good match up for Broner. But like anyone with decency, I'll be hoping for Maidana to knock him out.

Thurman needs to impress in his fight. He's been babied thus far in his career, but I like his attitude about wanting to fight and destroy the best in recent interviews and I'll be rooting for him to beat a tough soto karass so he can get a big fight that he's looking for.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #2632
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
Brandon Rios fails drug test following loss to Manny Pacquiao

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...manny-pacquiao

not a steroid though
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #2633
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

It's goin' down tonight folks. Six hours of boxing on Showtime kicks of on Showtime Extreme with the return of Jermain Taylor and Canelo's brother's Ricardo. Than, witch over to Shotwime for the big fights, 4 title matches headlines by Thurman-Soto Karass and Broner-Maidana. If you don't have Showtime, NBC Sports Network has on a card too.

December 14

Showtime Championship Boxing
DANGER ZONE: BRONER VS. MAIDANA

Adrien Broner vs. Marcos Maidana for Broner’s WBA Welterweight Championship
Keith Thurman vs. Jesus Soto Karass for Thurman’s WBA Interim Welterweight Championship
Leo Santa Cruz vs. Cesar Seda for a Cruz’ WBC Junior Featherweight Championship
Beibut Shumenov vs. Tamaz Kovacs for Shumenov’s WBA Super World and IBA Light Heavyweight Championship

Showtime Boxing on Showtime Extreme
Ricardo Alvarez vs. Rod Salka for Alvarez’ WBC Continental America’s Light Welterweight Championship
Jermaine Taylor vs. Juan Carlos Candelo
Rau’Shee Warren vs. Jose Silveira
Robert Easter vs. Hardy Peredes
Jemel Herring vs. Lance Williams

NBC Sports Network Fight Night

Amir Mansour vs. Kelvin Price
Lionell Thompson vs. Ryan Coyne
Steve Cunningham vs. Manuel Quezada
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #2634
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
At least Tyson and Snipes can still generate revenue and for many years to come.

lolwut

Manny is a bigger brand than Wesley Snipes will ever be.

Quote:
A film based on Pacquiao's life, Pacquiao: The Movie, was released on June 21, 2006, featuring Filipino actor Jericho Rosales as Manny Pacquiao and was directed by Joel Lamangan.[157] The film flopped at the box office, grossing a total of only P4,812,191 (approximately US$99,322), as confirmed by Lamangan.

Pacquiao is featured in the boxing video games Fight Night Round 2, Fight Night Round 3, Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion. EA Sports released a limited edition demo of Fight Night Round 4, featuring Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton prior to their May 2 fight.[158]

Pacquiao became the first Filipino athlete to appear on a postage stamp.[159]

Pacquiao became the first Filipino Olympic non-participant to be Team Philippines’ flag-bearer during the August 8 opening ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics at the Beijing National Stadium. Swimmer Miguel Molina, 2005 Southeast Asian Games’ Best Male Athlete, yielded the honor to Pacquiao, upon the request of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to the national sports officials on the Philippines at the 2008 Summer Olympics.[160]

Pacquiao plays basketball as a cross-training to keep himself in shape. He is playing in the semi-professional basketball league, Liga Pilipinas, with the team he owns, the MP-Gensan Warriors. He made his debut in the Smart-Liga Pilipinas Conference II in January 16, 2009. He wears jersey number 17.[161]

Pacquiao became an honorary member of the Boston Celtics. The honorary membership was bestowed on him in a brief ceremony and he was presented with a replica of a green and white Celtics jersey bearing his name and number 1.[162] As a measure of gratitude, Pacquiao delivered a stockpile of red autographed boxing gloves to TD Garden. On March 10, 2010, prior to the night's game with Memphis Grizzlies, many of the Celtics had a special motivational gift waiting for them in their lockers.[163]

With his popularity, various business sectors have solicited Manny Pacquiao's help in endorsing their products through commercial advertisements in print and in broadcast media. These include detergents, medicines, foods, beverage, garments, telecommunications and even a political ad for politicians during the 2007 and 2010 Philippine elections. His most acclaimed commercials yet were for Nike's "Fast Forward" campaign (alongside Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, Maria Sharapova, Roger Federer, Cristiano Ronaldo and Liu Xiang)[164] and San Miguel Beer with Jet Li[165] and Érik Morales.[166]

Pacquiao has been included by Time Magazine as one of the world's most influential people for the year 2009, for his exploits in boxing and his influence among the Filipino people.[167] Pacquiao was also included by Forbes Magazine in its annual Celebrity 100 list for the year 2009, joining Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie and fellow athletes Tiger Woods and Bryant.[168] Forbes also listed Pacquiao as the World's 6th Highest Paid Athlete, with a total of 40 Million Dollars ($40,000,000.00) or 2 Billion Pesos (₱2,000,000,000.00) from the second half of 2008 to the first half of 2009. Tied with him on the sixth spot was the NBA player LeBron James and golfer Phil Mickelson.[169] Pacquiao was again included in Forbes' list of Highest Paid Athletes from the second half of 2009 to the first half of 2010; he was ranked 8th with an income of $42 million.[170] Pacquiao had also won the 2009 ESPY Awards for the Best Fighter category, beating fellow boxer Shane Mosley and Brazilian mixed martial arts fighters Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva.[171] More recently, ESPN Magazine reported that Pacquiao is one of the two top earning athletes for 2010, alongside American Major League baseball player Alex Rodriguez. According to the magazine's annual salary report of athletes, Pacquiao earned $32 million (approximately PhP 1.38 billion) for his two 2010 boxing matches against Clottey and Margarito.[172]

Pacquiao has also graced the cover of Time Magazine Asia for their November 16, 2009 issue. According to their five-page feature story, "(Pacquiao is) a fighter with enough charisma, intelligence and backstory to help rescue a sport lost in the labyrinth of pay-per-view. Global brands like Nike want him in their ads." They also added, "Pacquiao has a myth of origin equal to that of any Greek or Roman hero. He leaves the Philippines to make it even bigger, conquering the world again and again to bring back riches to his family and friends."[171][173] He became the eighth Filipino to grace the cover of the prestigious magazine, after former Philippine presidents Manuel L. Quezon, Ramon Magsaysay, Ferdinand Marcos, Corazon Aquino, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Benigno Aquino III and Filipino actress and environmentalist Chin Chin Gutierrez. Pacquiao was also featured on the cover of Reader's Digest Asia, where a seven-page story was written about the Filipino boxing superstar. The issue came out before Pacquiao’s epic match against De La Hoya on November 2008.

Kool A.D. includes a song named for Pacquiao on his mixtape, "51". He is also mentioned in rapper Pitbull's song "Get It Started."

Last edited by kNicKz : 12-14-2013 at 01:17 PM.
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #2635
lefthook00
College star

Man I wish Jermain Taylor wouldn't fight anymore...
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #2636
PistonsFan#21
College superstar

Great knockout win by Thurman
Old 12-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #2637
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Has it started?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #2638
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Thurman made me a fan. What a great KO that was.

He needs to keep hands up. I dont care how good your chin is. He gave our fierce body work

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Has it started?

Yeah they in ring about to touch gloves.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #2639
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year

Broner acting like a fool as usual. Nice to see him get dropped.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #2640
PistonsFan#21
College superstar

Maidana almost took out Broner in that 2nd round i didnt see that coming
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: